once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: RZA Says More “Energy” Is Needed From Ghostface, Raekwon & GZA

After reading most of the negative comments, I see why Gza and most of the clan say "Fuck Wutang corp"...

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Well fuck anyone who cant take criticism.

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

apparently method man agrees with Rza...

"We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already."

What can you tell me about the 20th anniversary album?

Meth: Nothin’. Nothin’. You’d have to talk to RZA and them, like I said, I just go in and I spit on the tracks and shit, and I break out. You know, it started off—and I’m about to give you some real shit—it started off shaky dog. Niggas didn’t like the concepts that RZA was comin’ with at first, or this whole overall look for the album. He wanted it to be light, we wanted it to be dark. Bring it back to that first LP. He was more like, more or less, we’ve been there and done that. So this is why it’s taking so long, because we gotta find a common denominator between light and dark, ’cause I agree with him, you can’t have a full album worth of dark shit, you gotta have some light there.

Some hope?

Meth: Yeah, but I don’t want to make it seem like, damn, these niggas went and became Hare Krishnas, Dali Lamas and shit. So right there, there was a lot of light. But when we went overseas, it started to get a little darker—a lot darker, you know what I mean. We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already.
    I just want the people to know why it comes when it does come. We’re just trying to find a common denominator between light and dark. But just know this—Meth is on damn near every—matter fact, I think I am on every joint. And these fuckin’ verses, I’m tellin’ you my dude. I’m saying shit like, [raps]

“I ain’t tryna be no D-Boy, I love music, I’m a B-Boy / Are you the undercover or the decoy / I’m heavy with the beat, trouble T-Boy / A pit with no muzzle about to pop your bubble like a [inaudible] / Too much marijuana got me p-noid / I’m killin instrumentals with that ‘All So Simple Can It Be’ boy / Shout to Lil Cease, B.I.G. boy / And funk Dr. Spock, I mean Redman, that’s not Leonard Nimoy.”

I’m tellin’ you, I’m hard-bodied, dawg. Trust me, just listen to some of these features, you’ll see exactly where I’m at with it and how I’m gonna come, ’cause I’m back to cadence. My flows are gonna be switchin’ all over the place—dudes will not be able to keep up.

-

That's funny that he said more energy is needed from Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA because Ghostface and Raekwon have probably released more solo albums and mixtapes outta the group LOL. For the fans to get that 90's Wu sound, the Wu should do a album without The RZA because it's obvious he's on some different shit and the group members wanna keep the album hardcore if it gets made like the first album.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    I like RZAs production still, all he needs is a real project to work on and we'll get the best from him instead of giving random beats out to rappers.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Edit: Misunderstood Rza quote and made mildly retarded comment. Deleted.
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Some hope?

Meth: Yeah, but I don’t want to make it seem like, damn, these niggas went and became Hare Krishnas, Dali Lamas and shit. So right there, there was a lot of light. But when we went overseas, it started to get a little darker—a lot darker, you know what I mean. We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already.
    I just want the people to know why it comes when it does come. We’re just trying to find a common denominator between light and dark. But just know this—Meth is on damn near every—matter fact, I think I am on every joint. And these fuckin’ verses, I’m tellin’ you my dude.
    I’m tellin’ you, I’m hard-bodied, dawg. Trust me, just listen to some of these features, you’ll see exactly where I’m at with it and how I’m gonna come, ’cause I’m back to cadence. My flows are gonna be switchin’ all over the place—dudes will not be able to keep up.
    That all sounds positive especially the mention of it got a lot darker.
    From this perspective it's easy to say that if everyone took a page out of Mef's Book
    That energy could easily be rekindled as Mef is making it sound like it could be a competition in the studio.

I've always wondered the looks on faces when they we're recording Wu-Forever say.

MEF iz da muthafuckin MAN

Method man is a lame m.c now.
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Robert Diggs has become Bobby Digital.

I can't stand bobby digital.

Rzarektah forever.

peace
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

The W was the last gasp.

Iron Flag was a mixtape.

8 Diagrams was an argument.

RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

U-God is better, but still U-God.

MK is tired.

GZA is tired.

Raekwon is tired.

RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?

there is a lot of validity that can be found in this
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

The W was the last gasp.

Iron Flag was a mixtape.

8 Diagrams was an argument.

RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

U-God is better, but still U-God.

MK is tired.

GZA is tired.

Raekwon is tired.

RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?
    Probably best post on Wu-Corp ever.
    bring back begongo!!

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

also that shit that Meth spits is wack
    bring back begongo!!

Why dont they just make a double ying n yang type album.. light and dark? Thats how Wu were from the start!! To me it sounds like Rae, Ghost and perhaps deck still wana prove to the streets they the hardest especially Rae. It kinda seems childish now. A wu album with less Rae wouldnt bother me at all, cant stand listening tohim spit so much garbage. One ting I do. Respect about his rhymes Is acknowledgement to immigrants , but side from that we aint missin m u ch without Rae. Wu tang fix up and just make a fuking ying n yang album, youre grown men you have a responsibility to drop jewels along with your harder street shit cos like Odb said Wu tang iz for the children. Peace

Banned

That's funny that he said more energy is needed from Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA because Ghostface and Raekwon have probably released more solo albums and mixtapes outta the group LOL. For the fans to get that 90's Wu sound, the Wu should do a album without The RZA because it's obvious he's on some different shit and the group members wanna keep the album hardcore if it gets made like the first album.
    100%

At least as a producer anyway but yeah it's pretty obvious he's become Bobby Digital full time, that persona is wack
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.