once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 96

Thread: RZA Says More “Energy” Is Needed From Ghostface, Raekwon & GZA

  1. #31
    Mistaken Identity Don Universo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    740
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    After reading most of the negative comments, I see why Gza and most of the clan say "Fuck Wutang corp"...

  2. #32
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Well fuck anyone who cant take criticism.

  3. #33
    Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1344 Queens Blvd. (with my parents)
    Posts
    16,745
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    apparently method man agrees with Rza...

    "We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already."

  4. #34

    Default

    What can you tell me about the 20th anniversary album?

    Meth: Nothin’. Nothin’. You’d have to talk to RZA and them, like I said, I just go in and I spit on the tracks and shit, and I break out. You know, it started off—and I’m about to give you some real shit—it started off shaky dog. Niggas didn’t like the concepts that RZA was comin’ with at first, or this whole overall look for the album. He wanted it to be light, we wanted it to be dark. Bring it back to that first LP. He was more like, more or less, we’ve been there and done that. So this is why it’s taking so long, because we gotta find a common denominator between light and dark, ’cause I agree with him, you can’t have a full album worth of dark shit, you gotta have some light there.

    Some hope?

    Meth: Yeah, but I don’t want to make it seem like, damn, these niggas went and became Hare Krishnas, Dali Lamas and shit. So right there, there was a lot of light. But when we went overseas, it started to get a little darker—a lot darker, you know what I mean. We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already.
    I just want the people to know why it comes when it does come. We’re just trying to find a common denominator between light and dark. But just know this—Meth is on damn near every—matter fact, I think I am on every joint. And these fuckin’ verses, I’m tellin’ you my dude. I’m saying shit like, [raps]

    “I ain’t tryna be no D-Boy, I love music, I’m a B-Boy / Are you the undercover or the decoy / I’m heavy with the beat, trouble T-Boy / A pit with no muzzle about to pop your bubble like a [inaudible] / Too much marijuana got me p-noid / I’m killin instrumentals with that ‘All So Simple Can It Be’ boy / Shout to Lil Cease, B.I.G. boy / And funk Dr. Spock, I mean Redman, that’s not Leonard Nimoy.”

    I’m tellin’ you, I’m hard-bodied, dawg. Trust me, just listen to some of these features, you’ll see exactly where I’m at with it and how I’m gonna come, ’cause I’m back to cadence. My flows are gonna be switchin’ all over the place—dudes will not be able to keep up.

  5. #35
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    That's funny that he said more energy is needed from Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA because Ghostface and Raekwon have probably released more solo albums and mixtapes outta the group LOL. For the fans to get that 90's Wu sound, the Wu should do a album without The RZA because it's obvious he's on some different shit and the group members wanna keep the album hardcore if it gets made like the first album.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  6. #36
    Hungry Hyena From Medina SL33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,155
    Rep Power
    38

    Default





  7. #37
    God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|
    Age
    32
    Posts
    9,950
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    I like RZAs production still, all he needs is a real project to work on and we'll get the best from him instead of giving random beats out to rappers.
    Agreed.

    Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Edit: Misunderstood Rza quote and made mildly retarded comment. Deleted.
    Haha

    Quote Originally Posted by Young Gun View Post
    Some hope?

    Meth: Yeah, but I don’t want to make it seem like, damn, these niggas went and became Hare Krishnas, Dali Lamas and shit. So right there, there was a lot of light. But when we went overseas, it started to get a little darker—a lot darker, you know what I mean. We got some bases covered, but our biggest problem right now with the material—not enough Rae, not enough Ghost, not enough GZA. Right now, Rae isn’t on anything, and Ghost I think is on two joints, and that’s as much as I can give you without saying too much, and I think I gave you too much already.
    I just want the people to know why it comes when it does come. We’re just trying to find a common denominator between light and dark. But just know this—Meth is on damn near every—matter fact, I think I am on every joint. And these fuckin’ verses, I’m tellin’ you my dude.
    I’m tellin’ you, I’m hard-bodied, dawg. Trust me, just listen to some of these features, you’ll see exactly where I’m at with it and how I’m gonna come, ’cause I’m back to cadence. My flows are gonna be switchin’ all over the place—dudes will not be able to keep up.
    That all sounds positive especially the mention of it got a lot darker.
    From this perspective it's easy to say that if everyone took a page out of Mef's Book
    That energy could easily be rekindled as Mef is making it sound like it could be a competition in the studio.

    I've always wondered the looks on faces when they we're recording Wu-Forever say.

  8. #38

    Default

    MEF iz da muthafuckin MAN

  9. #39

    Default

    Method man is a lame m.c now.
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-13-2013 at 05:04 PM.

  10. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The blackma View Post
    Robert Diggs has become Bobby Digital.

    I can't stand bobby digital.


    Rzarektah forever.





    peace
    Last edited by zooruka; 11-13-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  11. #41
    Above the Clouds Surreptitious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,494
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

    The W was the last gasp.

    Iron Flag was a mixtape.

    8 Diagrams was an argument.

    RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

    Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

    Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

    U-God is better, but still U-God.

    MK is tired.

    GZA is tired.

    Raekwon is tired.

    RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

    Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

    Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

    I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

    I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?


    there is a lot of validity that can be found in this
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

  12. #42
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Wu-Tang died when ODB died.

    The W was the last gasp.

    Iron Flag was a mixtape.

    8 Diagrams was an argument.

    RZA beats aren't fun anymore.

    Ghostface raps like every other NYC rapper now. Simple bar structure & rhyme schemes, straight forward statements. And he sounds like Cappa half the time.

    Meth is still okay, but doesn't sound he's having fun anymore.

    U-God is better, but still U-God.

    MK is tired.

    GZA is tired.

    Raekwon is tired.

    RZA sounds like a completely different person. And not for the better.

    Cappadonna is NOT NEEDED ON A WU-TANG CLAN ALBUM. BUT THANKS.

    Deck is kinda back to his old self. But still a far cry from "Socrates philosophies." He just talks about generic street shit now.

    I'll take another @@@ or @@@1/2 album from the Wu, absolutely. But let's not kid ourselves. They're done. They don't perform anything past '97 in concert. (Except for maybe Gravel Pit.)

    I mean, the past three albums they were insisting "WU-TANG IS BACK" all over...did it happen? You really think it'll happen the fourth time?
    Probably best post on Wu-Corp ever.
    bring back begongo!!

  13. #43
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    also that shit that Meth spits is wack
    bring back begongo!!

  14. #44
    SHAOLIN STUDENT Rawticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kemet
    Age
    41
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Why dont they just make a double ying n yang type album.. light and dark? Thats how Wu were from the start!! To me it sounds like Rae, Ghost and perhaps deck still wana prove to the streets they the hardest especially Rae. It kinda seems childish now. A wu album with less Rae wouldnt bother me at all, cant stand listening tohim spit so much garbage. One ting I do. Respect about his rhymes Is acknowledgement to immigrants , but side from that we aint missin m u ch without Rae. Wu tang fix up and just make a fuking ying n yang album, youre grown men you have a responsibility to drop jewels along with your harder street shit cos like Odb said Wu tang iz for the children. Peace

  15. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Age
    13
    Posts
    16,068
    Rep Power
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's funny that he said more energy is needed from Ghostface, Raekwon, GZA because Ghostface and Raekwon have probably released more solo albums and mixtapes outta the group LOL. For the fans to get that 90's Wu sound, the Wu should do a album without The RZA because it's obvious he's on some different shit and the group members wanna keep the album hardcore if it gets made like the first album.
    100%

    At least as a producer anyway but yeah it's pretty obvious he's become Bobby Digital full time, that persona is wack
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •