Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Ye vs. Sway

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

kayne's voice is really headache inducing though. Thea is more soothing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

but I agree, Kanye has a lot of music that I dont like, for exemple that "Touch The Sky" track with Lupe Fiasco. I dont like that kind of beats.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 12-04-2013 at 11:29 AM.

[QUOTE=Apocalypse;2418390]anyone that says that Kanye West is wack is a dumb person,

Put me under the dumb persons list then!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post

Yeah you're right. He'll be remembered for his idiotic antics and his fame. Because really, his music isn't popular on the same level as actual musical legends, and it's not really palatable to the masses. Even in hip hop, opinion has always been split on whether he's any good.

Call him a genius (musical or otherwise) but he has consistently had a lot of poorly thought out creative ideas. His music is hit and miss even for people that are fans, he won't be remembered as a legend for it.
    not a fan, i even think his good songs are gay, but he has 21 grammys and has had a significant impact on the sound and culture of hip hop. he's the reason old school rappers are wondering why post kanye hip hop culture is so homosexual.

the guy is doing to much, so much that his impact is going to miss the mark. being crazy does allow some people to make a difference, but he's not even crazy, he's just gay and frustrated. crazy is real, you can't work in the confines of society and be crazy and that's why crazy people make a difference sometimes, but kanye is a very safe person. he's loud and strange but everything he does he does it within the furthest left corner of the norm, not outside of it.

his music is 'different' if you convince yourself at european art videos don't exist. if you've listened to anything outside of hip hop you'll realize there's nothing new or strange about his music. he's an incredible producer, i think the best ever, when he starts rapping on his own beats i personally don't like it, but he's not changing or moving anything.

he wants to change things but doesn't know what to change and has taken up a childish cause. he wants to own the means of production, but it's as simple of manufacturing what you're selling as opposed to asking white people to manufacture shit with your name on it. he has the money to take the risk though talking the way he's talking he's a scary person to invest money in because he sounds unintelligent and irrational.

I respect him in the hip hop context. he brought a lot of things into hip hop that weren't there before and help make it as multi-dimensional and human as it is right now, but he did this by bring stuff that already existed in.
    Last edited by TSA; 12-04-2013 at 05:29 PM.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

That's the problem with your average Hip Hop fan. They listen to nothing outside the realm of this genre. So when some overhyped artist attempts to borrow a sound or technique from a different scene of music or create something considered avant garde..

Its automatically deemed revolutionary or groundbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    the guy is doing to much, so much that his impact is going to miss the mark. being crazy does allow some people to make a difference, but he's not even crazy, he's just gay and frustrated. crazy is real, you can't work in the confines of society and be crazy and that's why crazy people make a difference sometimes, but kanye is a very safe person. he's loud and strange but everything he does he does it within the furthest left corner of the norm, not outside of it.

his music is 'different' if you convince yourself at european art videos don't exist. if you've listened to anything outside of hip hop you'll realize there's nothing new or strange about his music. he's an incredible producer, i think the best ever, when he starts rapping on his own beats i personally don't like it, but he's not changing or moving anything.

he wants to change things but doesn't know what to change and has taken up a childish cause. he wants to own the means of production, but it's as simple of manufacturing what you're selling as opposed to asking white people to manufacture shit with your name on it. he has the money to take the risk though talking the way he's talking he's a scary person to invest money in because he sounds unintelligent and irrational.

I respect him in the hip hop context. he brought a lot of things into hip hop that weren't there before and help make it as multi-dimensional and human as it is right now, but he did this by bring stuff that already existed in.
    Thats all musical innovators though, all it is is combining 2 or more styles that already exist in a new package. And what you say is horseshit really because relative to most rappers or artists he has brought a lot of new shit. Understand context?

http://i.imgur.com/GdghXmu.jpg

Kanye West Draws Ire Of Anti-Defamation League

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...amation-league

“If the comments are true as reported, this is classic anti-Semitism,” Abraham H. Foxman, ADL National Director, said in a press release published on the organization's website. “There it goes again, the age-old canard that Jews are all-powerful and control the levers of power in government. As a celebrity with a wide following, Kanye West should know better. We hope that he will take responsibility for his words, understand why they are so offensive, and apologize to those he has offended.”
    LOL WTF Why are Jews so offended about being labeled powerful or having a vast network of social connections that benefit their financial success or political affairs?

LOL vodka was consumed during this

Arsenio sonned

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

arsenio is more talented than kayne
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.