once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destiny Bends (DEMO) By The RZA (ft. Will Wells)

Default Destiny Bends (DEMO) By The RZA (ft. Will Wells)

R.i.p Rzarektah

Let us pay tribute:

Last edited by zooruka; 12-02-2013 at 02:29 AM.

This song, entitled "Destiny Bends" was written last night after hearing the tragic news of the loss of a good man named Paul Walker. I met Paul on the set of the film Brick Mansion, where we talked, laughed, and exchanged ideas of life and fatherhood. I only knew him personally for less than a year, but we knew each other through our work and art. We saw in each other a kindred spirit of men coming from unlikely circumstances, and rising to be the light and beacon of our family and loved ones. Men who learned the joy and pains of love in life, and success, while coming to realize that nothing is more important than family, friendship, and the brotherhood of humanity. Millions of people get to know an artist or movie star through their work, but few are allowed to cross each others' paths and see through the veil of stardom and find the common denominator that we share. As all physical things will decay and wither away, film, art, and music remain longer than the vessel that delivered them. In this vein, the one thing we can't take away or give back is time. So, thus, time is the most precious gift. I dedicated my time to compose this song with my two sons and new friend Will Wells, who was kind enough to sing and perform it for me. We dedicate it to Paul Walker. A good man. We had plans to continue working with each other in the future. It seemed destined, but "destiny bends".

*Note* This song is not for criticism, it's just a sketch demo. Please enjoy and reflect.

Your comrade in the struggle,
    RZA

Regards,

R.I.P. Paul Walker.

not at all what I was expecting topic wise

damn Rza is a fucking musician
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

This track is embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WuLatino- MANGANI View Post
    My favorite uncle was gay and died of AIDS when I was 16.

Just as a reminder.... Wu-Latino has never worked with the Wu-Tang Clan.

dont care too much for the song.. but his death has come a bit of a shock.. i wasnt a fan but he was a decent enough actor and actually did quite well in the F+F films...

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

PAUL WAS ONE OF RZAS LOVERs AT THE HOLLYWOOD MANSION PARTYS

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

some of you guys are fucked up. a friend of rza dies and he pays tribute and you want him to be rzarectah - a character- and dig up paul walker's grave???

you're some fucking weirdos

peace be with you

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    some of you guys are fucked up. a friend of rza dies and he pays tribute and you want him to be rzarectah - a character- and dig up paul walker's grave???

you're some fucking weirdos

peace be with you
    true!

btw... if rza really did that melodys on his own then he shows another time that he's a fuckin real musician...

sample-flippin istn really that hard... it takes time to find samples bc u really have to dig deep in the crates and i think rza aint got the time to play with that anymore...

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Fart is right.

Prof is weird as fuck.
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

hilarious shit
    JUNIOR MAKHNO aka GENERAL ALCAZAR
    --------------------------------------
    www.laconecta.org
    www.myspace.com/juniormakhnofromlaconecta

The music of this song is amazing

RIP Paul Walker aka Lance Harbor
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    and you want him to be rzarectah - a character- and dig up paul walker's grave???

bwhahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CEITEDMOFO View Post
    HOLLYWOOD MANSION PARTYS
    Last edited by zooruka; 12-02-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Yo this is not Hip-Hop! This shit is trash yo, word up! The purpose or intent of the song is irrelevant. This is a Hip-Hop forum. Wu-Tang Clan is the most legendary "Hip-Hop" group of all time. I love and live this shit yo, and that's what it is. No disrespect to those that are grieving the loss of their friend or family member, but when it comes to Hip-Hop, put this shit where it needs to be, in the R & B section or whatever. Or as The Rza himself called it, "Rap & Bullshit" yo! Strength and Peace to everyone in the world grieving the loss of a loved one. And Peace to those who are keeping this shit what it's supposed to be yo. Hip-Hop in the purest form!

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza