Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lacy calzaghe fight to be confirmed

Prince Rai

Default lacy calzaghe fight to be confirmed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4436546.stm

finally!
    hope it happens! cant wait!

and also,
    i heard mike tyson say today on sky sports news that he wants to fight antonio tarver.
    apparently they have been talking and, mike has some "friends" in dubai or sumin, who will sponsor the fight etc etc..

haha, boxing remains great!

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

Default Re: lacy calzaghe fight to be confirmed

tyson in trouble again tho.

but anyway calzaghe a bitch, dude aint even fighting outside his own country.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

Mr Wuniverse

Da fuck man, RIP eddie, viva la rassa. I went to braehead arena to see the wwe coz of that man himself, sucks man.

Anyhow, I donno if that shit wit Tyson is true, tarver would be crushed. I reckon after Lacys last performance he will beat calzaghe, looks stronger than ever and joe is on the decline. Peace.
    Peace!

Lacy going to fuk up Calzaghe!

Are you kidding? How can anyone still have faith in Tyson?? Tarver will frusterate Mike and win an easy UD.

Sweet. I'm tired of all the delays, ready to see somebody unify super-middle and bring some attention to that division. I would say Lacy by KO but I've never seen the other dude fight and I know he's no chump-champ. Tarver needs to call out legit fighters, tired of all his bullshit too. He's gonna ride that RJJ wave for as long as he can. And Tyson.......still a 3-4 round fighter. Tarver wouldn't even get near him in the first 4-5 rounds cause he's never felt Heavyweight power and everybody knows that Mike can still throw as hard as anybody still. He has more than a "puncher's chance." Plus Tarver's not even a "heavy puncher" anyway....could be somewhat interesting. And yeah, I like Iron Mike....

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    Sweet. I'm tired of all the delays, ready to see somebody unify super-middle and bring some attention to that division. I would say Lacy by KO but I've never seen the other dude fight and I know he's no chump-champ. Tarver needs to call out legit fighters, tired of all his bullshit too. He's gonna ride that RJJ wave for as long as he can. And Tyson.......still a 3-4 round fighter. Tarver wouldn't even get near him in the first 4-5 rounds cause he's never felt Heavyweight power and everybody knows that Mike can still throw as hard as anybody still. He has more than a "puncher's chance." Plus Tarver's not even a "heavy puncher" anyway....could be somewhat interesting. And yeah, I like Iron Mike....
    Hey I like Mike too. I hope he knock the fuck out of B fighter Tarver. I am so tired of B fighters acting like they A fighters.

A fighters in the game
    Mayweather A+
    Winky A

that is it, everyone else is B. sorry Tarver, Mr. I am the best because I beat over the hill Roy Jones. Please you punch like a bitch. Wait until Tyson clocks your ass

Prince Rai

hmm true true,

and to be honest, mr tyson wont go into a fight if he knew hed lose that badly that his entire image just for boxing will get further shat on.

basically, i still think tarver has a chance, but as the dons said above....

tyson still has his fukkan punch that tarver cant even get trhough operationsss!!

as for joe... hmm good luck 2 him...

he hasnt fought any1 like lacy for a while... and lacy is on fiiiiiiiiiire!

Quote Originally Posted by benzo
    Tarver's not a heavy puncher? Are you serious? I hate Tarver and would love to see Mike knock his head off but Tarver is smart enough to stay away and coast to an easy 10 round decision. The only way the fight doesn't reach the cards is if Mike quits or gets DQ'd because they both have solid chins.

Prince Rai

^ true dats why im not sayn tarver cudnt win.. if he drags the fight on he has a chance...

but cmon have u seen the power of his punches?

WuCorp Million Dollar Man Roman Deini's Avatar

tyson lost that power. he dont punch that hard anymore like in his early days. plus tyson only wants to fight if he gets like 10 million or something. dude dont even wanna box anymore all he does now is partying, acting a fool with bobby brown on jimmy kimmel etc. he aint motivated anymore.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”

DIRT-yeah, i'm serious. Tarver is not known as a knock-out artist (Tyson, Lacy, Barrera). he's got one hell of straight left, but we're not talkin George Foreman power here with both hands. plus he ain't no Mayweather when it comes to defense, either. if Mike mugged him for 3-4 rounds, shit....... shit would probably go down like you described, though. peace-

I agree he's no Foreman, but he does have a lot of power with his left. Tarver's main problem is that he takes too many rounds off and gets lazy during the fight, but I made the mistake of believeing in Tyson against McBride, I can't make that mistake again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt W McGirt
    I agree he's no Foreman, but he does have a lot of power with his left. Tarver's main problem is that he takes too many rounds off and gets lazy during the fight, but I made the mistake of believeing in Tyson against McBride, I can't make that mistake again.
    I hear ya, man. I just remember how the Danny Williams fight was before "the knee injury". Tyson was straight up unloading and Williams was hanging on for dear life. I don't think Tarver would take those shots as well as Williams, and that's saying a lot cause Williams sucks. Imagine your first punch from a heavyweight coming from Tyson. I don't think Tarver will be able to maintain unless he pulls a bitch move like de la Hoya tried on Trinidad. Peace...

Tarver isn't going to get in there and trade with Mike, he'll make a boring fight out of it. Either that or he'll make Mike snap before the fight and it'll get cancelled.