once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shia Labeouf retiring from show business after plagiarizing half the world

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Default Shia Labeouf retiring from show business after plagiarizing half the world

Does this mean that they will stop making all those horrible Transformers movies?

Shia LaBeouf has announced he's done with social media.

After it was exposed that he plagiarized well-known graphic novelist Daniel Clowes as well his subsequent apology the "Transformers" star has had enough from online critics. In a string of tweets posted on Friday, he claimed that tweets and hashtags are a thing of the past.

On Dec. 16, it was revealed that LaBeouf's 12-minute short film "HowardCantour.com" starring funnyman Jim Gaffigan was largely lifted from the graphic novelist's 2007 comic book "Justin M. Damiano." When he apologized, he "borrowed" the words from a response to a Yahoo Answers question posted four years earlier thus putting the sincerity of his apology in question. (Last year, he also plagiarized an apology to Alec Baldwin from Esquire's 2009 "How to Be a Man" issue.)

Things became even stranger after that. Not only did he hire a skywriting company to post a message over Los Angeles, which read, "I am sorry Daniel Clowes," but he started to tweet countless apologies. However, those words were also lifted from other celebrities, including Lena Dunham, Kanye West, Russell Crowe, and Eliot Spitzer.

LaBeouf was widely mocked, especially on Twitter, for his actions. Fellow celebrities even bashed him with Seth Rogen writing, "This is by far the most I've been entertained by Shia LaBeouf." And Patton Oswalt quipping, "Not easy to pull off crazy AND moronic, but you did it, Shia LaBeouf."

He even had an exchange with Dunham after she wrote, "I've always felt, utterly and unchangeably, that only sociopaths hire skywriters."

And earlier this week, LaBeouf further infuriated Clowes, who is reportedly considering suing the Hollywood star, by posting what he said was the storyboard for his next short film called "Daniel Boring." However, "Daniel Boring" is another graphic novel belonging to Clowes and the images LaBeouf posted were lifted from it as well.

No surprise, LaBeouf was hit with a cease and desist letter from Clowes's attorney, which the star then head-scratchingly posted on Twitter.

Those were his final tweets leading up to his "retirement" announcement, which certainly seems like it's for the best. Shia and hashtags apparently don't mix.

quitting "social media" not show business.

Veteran Member

When he apologized, he "borrowed" the words from a response to a Yahoo Answers question posted four years earlier thus putting the sincerity of his apology in question.
    lol

comedy!

He doesn't explain it either way.

We can only hope hes quitting, what a fucking cunt. Fuck him and his shitty movies.

I dont think he was going to be in the next transformers by the way..Mark Wahlberg will be in it...not sure if he will be the lead or not

-

I thought he was quitting acting because i was gonna say who cares because his movies suck LOL. Only movies of his i like are A Guide To Recognize Your Saints and Eagle Eye.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Drug overdose coming soon?

--- Shia LaBeouf Wears Paper Bag on Head to ‘Nymphomaniac’ Berlin Premiere
    Just earlier that day, LaBeouf had stormed out of a press conference after responding to a single question about performing sex scenes in the explicit film.

“When seagulls follow the trawler it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea,” he said before abruptly leaving the stage.

The star was also caught on video head-butting a man in a London bar fight last month.

What is going on in his head? Shia has talented and cash. What's the problem?
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

My guess is drugs

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    What is going on in his head? Shia has talented and cash. What's the problem?
    Wheres the evidence for him being talented?

ohhh boy..here comes another celeb breakdown

Hanging out with Cage too much.

he's trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Wheres the evidence for him being talented?
    lol