once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there a reason people dislike Immobilarity?

This album was ahead of it's time. It sounds better now than it did when It dropped.

to this day, The Table is still one of my all time favorites

the vibe on that track is amazing
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

When immo released in 99 , i remember everybody didnt like this album, even rza .
    It was the worst album of the wu, but a good album for hip hop.
    All released was dope beetween wu tang firever and supreme clientele, exept raek

Why? Because no wu element and not enough featuring

I think raek is too proud, he wanted showed that he was able to do a dope album without wu production and the most rza, failed!

Nobody like fuck them????!!!! Meth is great

Best track: table, fuck them, favorite dred, casa, friday
    Worst: the fours track in the end

I think the worst album of raek is lex diamound story , and i think fila will be garbage

Critics dislike it

Most of the fans love it

Always loved that album
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

Oh, I don't know, because it's not a good album, maybe?

The beats are ass. Just straight up cookie cutter bargain basement garbage.

Rae was flowing, sure...over bad beats. It turns out music is important when it comes to songs, who knew?

There were maybe three or four songs that were alright. Live From NY, Sneakers, Yae Yo, The Table. But even those? Huge drop down in quality from Cuban Linx.

No RZA, no Ghost... Rae was feeling himself, trying to prove some point, that he doesn't NEED ANYONE...but uh...he kinda does.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Dope album with terrible bonus cuts literally everything past Sneakers is abominable but Rae is sharper flow/ lyrics-wise beats are ok to very good
    Lyrics 9/10
    Beats 6/10
    Overall 7.5/10

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Rae was flowing, sure...over bad beats. It turns out music is important when it comes to songs, who knew?
    Lol a lot of people on this forum seem to have a hard time with this universally accepted concept.

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    Then explain Lex Diamonds lol
    Even Rae cant do that
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Le Maître de la Vie Gitche Manito's Avatar

One of the best albums for the lyrics.

One of the worse for the beats.
    Comme les anges à l'œil fauve
    Je reviendrai dans ton alcôve
    Et vers toi glisserai sans bruit
    Comme les ombres de la nuit.

Peace CT

I see that most are agreeing with me that the last 4 tracks gotta go. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by patriquino View Post
    i can only speak for myself.
    As someone who actually bought the album when it came it out, i can only remember it as a major disappointment. It came out in 99, when the wu already had lost a lot of their magic. The album totally lacked in production. Not a single rza track. Earlier wu production had diggers searching for years for obscure samples, while this album had at least three tracks made from samples taken from the same artist (chris spheeris), which is just lazy. Furthermore, the guy who 4 years earlier spent a whole skit on telling biters to get lost and be original now makes an album with tracks like "pop shit", which is a ripped off swizz beatz track, which wasn't even produced by swizz, i.e. He became what he earlier hated. It was just an uninspired, unoriginal album, with few bright moments, like "live from ny". Thats why i disliked it. For someone picking up the album now, that whole context is irrelevant.
    +1

the mediocre production?

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

I agree wit some of you that mentioned this album needs a remix of beats.

Someone do it already.

This album lyric wise is just amazing every track rae's rapping like someone got a gun to his head in the booth, only problem is they should have put the gun to his head and made him pick better beats.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

I remember when it first dropped yo. As usual I copped it first day, and like a lot of people have said, noticed first what it lacked. Wu production, A lot of Wu features (Although Masta Killa & Method Man appear), etc. At that time, compared the previous Wu releases, this was unusual. However, and even back then though, after listening to it fully, I realized that regardless of the heavy Wu production and everything, it's still a dope album overall yo. As most people have said, the lyrics are "Razorsharp." And I disagree that the production is completely weak. Although having six producers doesn't employ the "One producer, whole album method" (Which a lot of albums don't, although I think it's the best formula), it still does manage to have some consistency and flow to it. Rae didn't go completely overboard with twenty producers for twenty tracks, which is in my opinion, although "Only Built For Cuban Linx Part 2" is ill, what hurts that album yo. Plus, it doesn't have that mixtape feel in which emcees announce the producers names on each and every track (Which I think is wack, especially for an album). The bottom line is that "Yae Yo," "Casablanca," "100 Rounds," "Real Life," "Jury" and "Live From NY" are "Supreme!" Also "My Favorite Dred," "Friday," "The Table" and "Sneakers."

"The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

-The Rza