once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

Default Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

(AllHipHop News) Last year RZA mentioned that one of things holding up the new Wu-Tang Clan album was Raekwon’s lack of participation. While RZA later expressed hope that Rae would “put some of the business to the side” and contribute verses for the project, Popa Wu tells Forbz DVD that issues over money are still blocking Raekwon from joining back up with the WU.

“[The album] is here already. It’s just got to be closed up by Rae,” says Popa. “RZA is head of this game right now. It’s just that Raekwon is compromising… When you a person that never had nothing and then when you get something and then it’s [taken] away from you, it’s hard to adjust back.”

The man who appeared on Raekwon’s “North Star (Jewels)” track off Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… goes on to give more information about the supposed riff between RZA and Rae. According to Popa Wu, RZA was blamed for some financial problems members of the Wu were allegedly facing.

“They think RZA did some old crazy stuff. RZA did what he did. You forgot he took y’all n***as from nothing and made y’all something. In my mind, I don’t think he would do that to you. He was just smarter,” adds Popa. “It was up to you to learn it. He’s not suppose to teach you the business, and you mad with him for that. That’s personal. We did this music s**t for love. It wasn’t supposed to be about no money.”

Despite these apparent problems, Wu-Tang Clan recently tweeted that their reunion album A Better Tomorrow is close to being released.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/01/17/popa...ng-clan-album/

Money, it figures. Rae isn't in this for the love of rhyming, his checks have to cash first. It's sad, really. As Papa Wu said, he came from NOTHING, but is now "too important" to close out the saga if he doesn't get his cut up front? Very unfortunate...

So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    So pay him, if you want him on the album. If Rza is so smart and so rich, then there is money there. Do you know anyone who works for free?
    Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch.
    lmfao!!
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Quote Originally Posted by sinfullycute View Post
    lmfao do you honestly think they are trying to get him to work for "free"?
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

brolic bearded bastard APOLLO STASH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    Why should Rae get special treatment you goofy bitch. This fat asshole is the only member being a prick.

Straight up fuck him, hes 44 and thinks hes going to crossover lmao.

I'd rather they don't put him on the album.

LOL. and god damn, raekwon 44? i don't even wanna look up GZA

Nice interview, there are more parts.

Last edited by BIRDCAGE; 01-17-2014 at 02:16 PM.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

What a surprise

Popa Wu'z Da Man
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    I can see RZA just saying "fuck it" and dropping the album. I predict Rae's album will then flop and he will look an idiot over all of this.
    ditto
    A wise man told me don't argue with fools
    cause people from a distance can't tell who is who
    - Jay-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Yeah, just like with 8 Diagrams when he released Cuban Linx 2 to critical acclaim. He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear. And with people I don't mean Wu-stans. Wu-stans are weird as fuck. They listen to GZA, Masta Killa, U-God and some Killa Beez that made a video with their cellphone.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    He might be the only one who really knows what the people wanna hear.
    U referring to RZA or Rae?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Rae. RZA is fine for film scores or Broadway..