Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popa Wu: Raekwon’s Issues Over Money Delaying Wu-Tang Clan Album

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    Rae. RZA is fine for film scores or Broadway..
    Rae's output since S vs Wu has been meh to me. I think off the back of a couple of collabos with mainstream artists Rae thinks he can abandon his core style and drop a platinum album to reflect this. I will be very surprised if he pulls this off. However, I know RZA will drop a solid group effort, at least 7/10 album. So I will take this over a new Rae album today.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

say what you will, but raekwon has always been & still is one of the best lyricists in the wu.

and if this is the final album (which we all can say is more than likely the case), they need rae on here.

pay the man,get him on some of the tracks & call it a day.
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

A wu album isn't a wu album without Rae!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    say what you will, but raekwon has always been & still is one of the best lyricists in the wu.

and if this is the final album (which we all can say is more than likely the case), they need rae on here.

pay the man,get him on some of the tracks & call it a day.
    Although i could care less about Rae, you made me think about something. Raes lack of co-operation only hurts the fans. RZA has the chance to be the bigger man and throw this jackass some chump change so the fans are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by J.T.S. View Post
    A wu album isn't a wu album without Rae!
    We survived 3 albums basically without ODB, i really don't think it would make a big difference to not have Rae. This album supposedly has a few dirty verses and Cappa to pick up the slack.

Either way i want the album soon please RZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    We survived 3 albums basically without ODB, i really don't think it would make a big difference to not have Rae. This album supposedly has a few dirty verses and Cappa to pick up the slack.
    Modern day RZA has a business head on him at the end of the day. If ODB is on there then this is a bigger selling point than Rae being on there. The only people really concerned about Rae being on there are Wu fans. There will be way more people who will buy this because it's a new clan album (more so if ODB is no there) than people who won't buy it because Rae isn't on there.

Hell, Rae not being on there may create a bit of controversy in the media and hype the album somewhat, probably causing it to sell more copies than it would do if he wasn't on there!

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

^^^^
    but at the end of the day i'd rather hear a wu album with all Wu members than an album that will be missing members

Cappa to pick up the slack.

I would rather Cappa not be on the album than to not have Rae on it.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

We survived 3 albums basically without ODB, i really don't think it would make a big difference to not have Rae. This album supposedly has a few dirty verses and Cappa to pick up the slack
    That's bullshit; Rae has always contributed tons of verses to every Clan album so him not having a presence would be hugely significant...and Cappas has been garbage for like 16 years.

Hey, how about they just do an album with RZA, U-God and Masta Killa and call that a Wu Tang Clan album...what difference does it make? gtfoh

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    That's bullshit; Rae has always contributed tons of verses to every Clan album so him not having a presence would be hugely significant...and Cappas has been garbage for like 16 years.

Hey, how about they just do an album with RZA, U-God and Masta Killa and call that a Wu Tang Clan album...what difference does it make? gtfoh
    Lol exactly. People are in their feelings after reading that article. "This hurts the fans" lol

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post

In 1999 you might have said something similar about ODB, that he was an integral part of the clans music. So no i don't think theres a difference.

Plus theres 9 members, over the course of an album, thats enough emcees to not matter if one isn't there.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

I maintain that there is a lot to be learned from "8-Diagrams"
    Both as an Album and for those who took part in bringing it into existence.

Although i could care less about Rae, you made me think about something. Raes lack of co-operation only hurts the fans. RZA has the chance to be the bigger man and throw this jackass some chump change so the fans are happy.
    exactly.

rza could throw rae a quick $20 - $40k and get him on 4 or 5 songs. cement the wu tang legacy with half ass, phoned in raekwon verses.

although thats not what i want to happen, it more than likely the reality of the situation.

what a way to end the era of the greatest hip hop collective of all time, right?

"Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

What has G-Unit to do with this?

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

At this point, Rae is the best in the clan (and has always been IMO), so if he is absent on the album, the only reason for checking it would be to hear Meth, and maybe ghost.... Do you expect fire from GZA, Deck, U-god, Cappa? C'mom man dudes dont got it no more.