once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Butler vs 12 Years a Slave

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Default The Butler vs 12 Years a Slave

I watched these movies back to back starting with 12 years a slave.

After watching both films The Butler to me was so much more better in every way.; Story, cinematography, acting, etc...

12 Years a slave seemed a little tedious and didnt emote well for me. I kinda watched it and felt nothing.

The Butler had so much more to offer IMO there were High points, low points, times of hope, and despair.

I believe 12 Years is over hyped and lacks some story telling to really get the viewer into the story. That my opinion what about ya'll?

-

I don't like slavery and racist movies. So i can't comment on these. It seems Oprah Winfrey always plays in movies about slavery and racism hahahahahahahahahaha. She's just like Cicely Tyson hahahahahahahaha.

About that life

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

12 Years A Slave is corny. It reminded me of Passion Of The Christ. Just a guy getting his ass kicked over and over. It seemed like overkill, everybody already knows slavery sucked so what you're left with is the director beating you over the head with the same point for 2 hours.

Django was so much better cos he actually got revenge on whitey. Which is what you want to happen in this. Instead this guy just goes home a broken man after 12 years.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sosa View Post
    12 Years A Slave is corny. It reminded me of Passion Of The Christ. Just a guy getting his ass kicked over and over. It seemed like overkill, everybody already knows slavery sucked so what you're left with is the director beating you over the head with the same point for 2 hours.

Django was so much better cos he actually got revenge on whitey. Which is what you want to happen in this. Instead this guy just goes home a broken man after 12 years.
    You thought he would go home a happy man? smh

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    You thought he would go home a happy man? smh
    Well he is relatively happy at the end compared to the rest of the film. What i'm saying is you already know what this film is and theres no surprises. I'm saying the film is not enjoyable.

But yeah 'smh'.

If "12 Years A Slave" wasn't based on memoirs, it would of been better if it went the Underground Railroad route halfway through instead of what some of the complaints above point out.

Still enjoyed it more than "The Butler".

The butler had its moments...i go with the butler

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Cant believe this won.

-

What movie won a oscar? 12 Years A Slave or The Butler? Did Chiwetel Ejiofor win a oscar for best actor? He's a good actor but i don't wanna see 12 Years A Slave because i don't like slavery movies. He did a good job playing a bad guy in Four Brothers with Mark Wahlberg, Tyrese, Terrence Howard. I was laughing at the scene when he made a black guy that worked for him eat some food that he put on the floor. He said dogs gotta eat right? LOL. So eat. Then the black guy's wife said something to Chiwetel and he said bitch i'll make you get down there with him LOL. As a matter of fact get over there and share a meal with your man now LOL. So she went over there and got on the floor with him and ate. Chiwetel said good dog, lap that shit up good hahahahahahahahahahaha.

About that life

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

^What?!

Anyway, I haven't seen this movie. I was hoping that Gravity would win Best Picture but I had a feeling that 12 Years a Slave would win. Congrats, though.
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

-

Ironman, you haven't seen Four Brothers?

About that life

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Nebraska should have won best picture.

Ironman, you haven't seen Four Brothers?
    dont know but im pretty sure there were four brothers that seen ironman tho

-

I'm gonna check out The Butler and 12 Years A Slave today. I agree with Sosa. I would rather see a movie about a black man that's a slave getting revenge on the white man by kicking his ass and killing him like Django Unchained instead of seeing a movie about a black man that's a slave getting his ass beat over and over by a white man. I don't like watching movies about slavery and racism but i'm gonna check out these movies.

About that life

The Butler is way better!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah