once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 64

Thread: The Game ( Dream)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default The Game ( Dream)

    Is it just me or did Mr, West straight up jacked a Wu beat... Daaam is hot as hell though i would love to hear the wu over a Kanye West beat

  2. #2
    Kunta Fly Shit
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New Jerz
    Age
    33
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    kanyes whole style is like a 2005 version of rza, takin all the little voices and loopin em and shit, rza invented that. i dont wanna hear wu over a kanye beat at all, but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Cm0ney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,203
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    kanyes whole style is like a 2005 version of rza, takin all the little voices and loopin em and shit, rza invented that. i dont wanna hear wu over a kanye beat at all, but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    allah mathetmatics invented that because he wanted to keep the samples under 4 seconds to be free. so he sped them up. i can't remember where but i read that in an interview.

  4. #4

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    People can hate on Kanye, I hate him, but he's a talented beatmaker no doubt.


    Ghostface, catch the blast of a hype verse
    My glock bursts, leave in a hearse, I did worse
    -Ghostface

  5. #5
    IP RELAY OPERATOR R3beLuTionAry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Age
    30
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyStarks29
    People can hate on Kanye, I hate him, but he's a talented beatmaker no doubt.
    i only like his through the wire beat but only when Copywrite used it on his cruise control mixtape

  6. #6
    FRESH FISH DigitalAb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shitzville
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

  7. #7
    FRESH FISH DigitalAb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shitzville
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

  8. #8

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    yeah i been tellin mutha fuckas for months that "dreams" is a ripoff of gfk's "stroke of death" from supreme clientele. the beat structure is tha same and that sound he uses sounds just like the reel to reel sample rza used. shark ass niggaz!!

  9. #9
    ?!?!?!?!!!?!?!??? Protection's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Home
    Age
    31
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Cut that shit out. Kanye didn't rip or bite anyone. And 'Dreams' doesn't sound anything like 'Stroke Of Death' at all, wtf you been smoking hollowhead?

  10. #10
    Mihdisiatic Mythocracy
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    A Liver Place in Cyberspace
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    18

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Dreams= Stroke of death? bit of a reach there...

    kanye is one of the best producers out right now, and i would love to hear someone from the wu over one of his beats.
    "all your San Franciscos will eventually fall and burn again..." -Jack Kerouac-


  11. #11
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    582
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    it's not just this song, bro. it's a whole lot of them.

    see RZA gave credits to Prince Paul for showing niggas they can sample everything. RZA said he took that idea and applied it to his passion for kung fu flicks and created his own shit (source:wu-tang manual).

    nowadays, they just take w/out giving credits.

    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once

    one

  12. #12
    The People's Champ 36chambers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,570
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once
    why would he want to do that? hes making millions off this.

    RZA is a better producer obviously but maybe Kanye West will take it to the next level, a level where RZA cant take it, then someone else can take over and so on...

    Some of u need to be more open minded with this shit.


    BIG L Rest In Peace

  13. #13
    Veteran Member Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    it's not just this song, bro. it's a whole lot of them.

    see RZA gave credits to Prince Paul for showing niggas they can sample everything. RZA said he took that idea and applied it to his passion for kung fu flicks and created his own shit (source:wu-tang manual).

    nowadays, they just take w/out giving credits.

    BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

    (laughter)

    KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.


    KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once

    one
    Try Talib Kweli's Get By


    Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

    Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

    better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut


  14. #14
    PRODIGAL SUN Soulless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Age
    36
    Posts
    558
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by mr punch

    BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

    (laughter)

    KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.


    KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

    Try Talib Kweli's Get By


    Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

    Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

    better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    I don't like Kanye as a rapper or a person(based on what I know about him), but he does make good beats and he does put his own stamp on it in a way. He's given credit to those that came before him. What more do you want?

    I will say one thing though. I wish Rza would view Kanye as comp. Maybe that would make Rza get in the studio and pull out some of that old stuff that he used to do. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of his newer stuff like Fatal and such, but I wouldn't mind hearing something with that vintage Rza sound. He needs to let everyone know that he's still king.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

  15. #15
    Veteran Member Hayabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by mr punch

    BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

    (laughter)

    KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.


    KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

    Try Talib Kweli's Get By


    Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

    Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

    better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    Good ass post. That should put the rest of this Kanye theif without payin homage shit to rest.

Similar Threads

  1. Please Ban WuTangIsGay
    By Prophet-One in forum Dear Admins
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 03:00 PM
  2. Coming From The Ocean Floor
    By GuardianOne in forum Temple Of Darts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
  3. Whats up everyone! man its been a long time!!
    By R3beLuTionAry in forum Intro
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:02 PM
  4. No full album downloads allowed...
    By 36chambers in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •