once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Game ( Dream)

Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once
    why would he want to do that? hes making millions off this.

RZA is a better producer obviously but maybe Kanye West will take it to the next level, a level where RZA cant take it, then someone else can take over and so on...

Some of u need to be more open minded with this shit.

BIG L Rest In Peace

Word def agree wit 36 chambers thats like tellin Kobe to stop shootin like Jordan or Jay-Z to stop stealin rhymes. If he making millions upon millions that'd be idiotic to do to change yo shit cause some nigga hatin on u.

Kanye Was In Full Rza Mode When He Did That Joint.

I like his beat for Cam'Ron-Get Down more. It's probably my fav Kanye beat that he's ever produced.

Veteran Member

i dont know about stroke of death...and beat structure or tempo whatever but its "yall been warned" that i thought of immedietly when i first heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

Veteran Member

I Agree with WHITE_MANTIS_AI...Nevermind Kanye man..Bronze nazareth has really dope beats..One of my favorite producer right now!
    Wu-tang is one thing that made my life more interresting lol. RZA inspires me. And to all of you people living with negativity inside yourselves...remember that if God is for us, who can be against us?

nice song indeed

Games gay

it's not just this song, bro. it's a whole lot of them.

see RZA gave credits to Prince Paul for showing niggas they can sample everything. RZA said he took that idea and applied it to his passion for kung fu flicks and created his own shit (source:wu-tang manual).

nowadays, they just take w/out giving credits.

BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

(laughter)

KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.

KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once

one
    Try Talib Kweli's Get By

Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by mr punch

BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

(laughter)

KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.

KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

Try Talib Kweli's Get By

Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    I don't like Kanye as a rapper or a person(based on what I know about him), but he does make good beats and he does put his own stamp on it in a way. He's given credit to those that came before him. What more do you want?

I will say one thing though. I wish Rza would view Kanye as comp. Maybe that would make Rza get in the studio and pull out some of that old stuff that he used to do. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of his newer stuff like Fatal and such, but I wouldn't mind hearing something with that vintage Rza sound. He needs to let everyone know that he's still king.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

I'mma be honoust, Kanye West is a good producer,
    the "young" generations POP version of RZA maybe?
    hmm,, I like "Dreams", the sample, bass, drums, everything,
    Kanye West did it good! I wanna hear Wu on it
    Ghost, Rae, Meth, INS, GZA & RZA dropping verses on it
    would be AWESOME! IMAGINE!!! :P

some of you guys are fuckin ridiculous, LOL bronze nazareth is not even in the same league as kanye west

In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

U gotta have nothin but respect for Kanye. He kept alot of these rappers heads above water lacing them wit hot ass beats (Common, Twista, etc). Kanye is tight even though he rap like he got a whole pack of now-laters in his mouth.
    Yall be nice to the crackheads!!!!

"U can see the weakness of a man right through his iris"