once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 64

Thread: The Game ( Dream)

  1. #16
    The People's Champ 36chambers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,570
    Rep Power
    23

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once
    why would he want to do that? hes making millions off this.

    RZA is a better producer obviously but maybe Kanye West will take it to the next level, a level where RZA cant take it, then someone else can take over and so on...

    Some of u need to be more open minded with this shit.


    BIG L Rest In Peace

  2. #17
    Veteran Member Hayabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Word def agree wit 36 chambers thats like tellin Kobe to stop shootin like Jordan or Jay-Z to stop stealin rhymes. If he making millions upon millions that'd be idiotic to do to change yo shit cause some nigga hatin on u.

  3. #18
    BBW SLAYER GRANDMASSIVE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WASHINGTON D.C. , VA CATS
    Posts
    1,915
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Kanye Was In Full Rza Mode When He Did That Joint.

  4. #19
    Veteran Member Hayabusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mississippi
    Age
    30
    Posts
    895
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    I like his beat for Cam'Ron-Get Down more. It's probably my fav Kanye beat that he's ever produced.

  5. #20
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    i dont know about stroke of death...and beat structure or tempo whatever but its "yall been warned" that i thought of immedietly when i first heard it.

  6. #21
    FRESH FISH DigitalAb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shitzville
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

  7. #22
    FRESH FISH DigitalAb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shitzville
    Posts
    231
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by tonystarkz
    but i would love to hear a g unit and wu collabo. wu unit, or g tang they can call it......playin of course
    lol!

  8. #23
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    MONTREAL/LAVAL
    Age
    33
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    I Agree with WHITE_MANTIS_AI...Nevermind Kanye man..Bronze nazareth has really dope beats..One of my favorite producer right now!
    Wu-tang is one thing that made my life more interresting lol. RZA inspires me. And to all of you people living with negativity inside yourselves...remember that if God is for us, who can be against us?

  9. #24

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    nice song indeed

  10. #25

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Games gay

  11. #26
    Veteran Member Punch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    22

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    it's not just this song, bro. it's a whole lot of them.

    see RZA gave credits to Prince Paul for showing niggas they can sample everything. RZA said he took that idea and applied it to his passion for kung fu flicks and created his own shit (source:wu-tang manual).

    nowadays, they just take w/out giving credits.

    BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

    (laughter)

    KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.


    KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
    anyway kanye should try making a beat w/out a vocal sample for once

    one
    Try Talib Kweli's Get By


    Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

    Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

    better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut


  12. #27
    PRODIGAL SUN Soulless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    The Carolinas
    Age
    36
    Posts
    558
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    Quote Originally Posted by mr punch

    BKyle: Questlove wants to know, how do you feel about being the pioneer of 'Chipmunk Soul'?

    (laughter)

    KW: But the thing is Im not at all. What about So RZA never sped his **** up? Its like me and RZA use the same sound except for my **** is just more sped up and my drums are a little bit more clubby. Now that I think about it, he and Pete Rock used to do **** like auto tune they **** to make it go down and make it sound somewhat realistic. One of the dopest samples of all time is that (sings) I gotta love, Im like telling you straight on up. Now that I really think about it, Pete Rock and RZA had the soul but my **** is just really really sped up. This is my realization that it is actually a different sound than RZA's cuz I always give credit to RZA.


    KW:
    Really we were making all those beats for Ghostface. Me and Just love Ghostface so much, that's Hip-Hop's (Roc-a-fella executive) favorite rapper and one of my favorite rappers, so we were trying to make all these beats for Ghostface but just so happens we're at Roc-a-fella and Jay heard them and rapped on them. We were making all these beats for Ghostface because we get so inspired by his albums. He was the only dude coming out with something worthwhile with Supreme Clientele. I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. Listen to what I'm saying, I need that in print, I feel like I got my whole style from Ghostface. My whole mentality about Hip-hop. He really took it to the next level.

    Try Talib Kweli's Get By


    Instead of being proud that the new generation of producers are heavily influenced by the Rza, people are acting like little girls.

    Yes Dreams was especilally rza like, its still dope
    I don't see the similarity with Stroke of Death though. If you want similarity listen to Kanye's Home then listen to meth's Snuffed Out.

    better yet don't, I'm sick of the whining
    I don't like Kanye as a rapper or a person(based on what I know about him), but he does make good beats and he does put his own stamp on it in a way. He's given credit to those that came before him. What more do you want?

    I will say one thing though. I wish Rza would view Kanye as comp. Maybe that would make Rza get in the studio and pull out some of that old stuff that he used to do. Don't get me wrong I like a lot of his newer stuff like Fatal and such, but I wouldn't mind hearing something with that vintage Rza sound. He needs to let everyone know that he's still king.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

  13. #28

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    I'mma be honoust, Kanye West is a good producer,
    the "young" generations POP version of RZA maybe?
    hmm,, I like "Dreams", the sample, bass, drums, everything,
    Kanye West did it good! I wanna hear Wu on it
    Ghost, Rae, Meth, INS, GZA & RZA dropping verses on it
    would be AWESOME! IMAGINE!!! :P

  14. #29
    The Don Bishop bringoutthegimp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Age
    29
    Posts
    865
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    some of you guys are fuckin ridiculous, LOL bronze nazareth is not even in the same league as kanye west

    In the ways of the world today
    It's so easy for us to stray away
    Trying to keep our mind from all the drugs and crime
    Material things keep us blind

  15. #30

    Default Re: The Game ( Dream)

    U gotta have nothin but respect for Kanye. He kept alot of these rappers heads above water lacing them wit hot ass beats (Common, Twista, etc). Kanye is tight even though he rap like he got a whole pack of now-laters in his mouth.
    Yall be nice to the crackheads!!!!

    "U can see the weakness of a man right through his iris"

Similar Threads

  1. Please Ban WuTangIsGay
    By Prophet-One in forum Dear Admins
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-24-2006, 03:00 PM
  2. Coming From The Ocean Floor
    By GuardianOne in forum Temple Of Darts
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 09:36 AM
  3. Whats up everyone! man its been a long time!!
    By R3beLuTionAry in forum Intro
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 11:02 PM
  4. No full album downloads allowed...
    By 36chambers in forum Hip-Hop Shop
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •