once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: Hip Hop in 2003 WAS. NOT. FUCKING. AROUND. WITH. DIRTY TEETH

  1. #1

    Default Hip Hop in 2003 WAS. NOT. FUCKING. AROUND. WITH. DIRTY TEETH

    Speakerboxx
    Black Album
    Diplomatic Immunity


    Champion Sound
    Birth of a Prince
    Get Rich or Die Tryin
    Vol 2: Vintage
    Neptunes Clones
    King Geedorah
    Viktor Vaughn
    Special Herbs 3&4
    Philadelphia Freeway
    From Me to U
    Da Unbreakables
    This is Not a Test
    Let Em Burn
    Escape from Monsta Island
    Grand Champ
    Duck Season Vol 2
    Deliverance
    Boy in Da Corner
    The Listening

    And then you also had Joe Budden debut album like a fucking prozac boner with his depressed faggot face on the cover like a sad piece of shit in the midst of all this dopeness

    I don't know if hip hop died in 2003 but did any year since top this year? Speakerboxx and Dipset in the same year?


  2. #2
    Gen Chat Bully Uncle Steezo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    5th Dimension
    Posts
    14,743
    Rep Power
    122

    Default

    2004?
    college drop out
    mad villany
    purple haze
    the new danger
    urban legend

    2005?
    thug motivation
    the massacre
    late registration
    get rich or die tryin

  3. #3
    Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Cabin at Crystal Lake
    Age
    27
    Posts
    14,370
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah 2003 was a great year, I bought Get Rich or Die Trying & Philadelphia Freeway on the same day. That Philadelphia Freeway is damn near classic 4.7/5 lol. Classic Bars and Beats, freeway knows how to make songs. I always say 2004 was the last good year before the dark ages. I feel as though we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel now. 08-11' we were dead in the the middle of the tunnel lol.

  4. #4

    Default

    There always been a lot of hot shit. Maybe last great year tho
    Non Ignorants




    RIP

  5. #5
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,456
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    lol @ some of the albums named



  6. #6

    Default

    yes, strikingly mediocre list apart from a few.



  7. #7

    Default

    vv > anything else that came out that year though.



  8. #8
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Good to finally see some recognition for Vol. 2 Vintage. Some of my favorite instrumentals.

    Vol. 2 and Vaudeville Villain are my favorites. BoaP had some great tracks, but the other half is pure garbage.

  9. #9
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    I liked 04 better - High Water, Madvillainy, MM.. Food, The Grind Date, A Long Hot Summer, The New Danger, Detroit Deli, The Tipping Point, Beautiful Struggle, Soul Survivor II (not that great, but has great songs) and some I probably forgot.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member GhettoGnom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    norway
    Age
    27
    Posts
    5,699
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    I liked 04 better - High Water, Madvillainy, MM.. Food, The Grind Date, A Long Hot Summer, The New Danger, Detroit Deli, The Tipping Point, Beautiful Struggle, Soul Survivor II (not that great, but has great songs) and some I probably forgot.
    Word

    The Art of Dying, The College Dropout, Ipecac Neat, Boy in da Corner, Kamikaze, Murs 3:16, Pretty Toney Album, The Tipping Point..


    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    yes, strikingly mediocre list apart from a few.
    Stop fucking up Pat.


  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    I liked 04 better - High Water, Madvillainy, MM.. Food, The Grind Date, A Long Hot Summer, The New Danger, Detroit Deli, The Tipping Point, Beautiful Struggle, Soul Survivor II (not that great, but has great songs) and some I probably forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    Word

    The Art of Dying, The College Dropout, Ipecac Neat, Boy in da Corner, Kamikaze, Murs 3:16, Pretty Toney Album, The Tipping Point..
    Lol not even close. SS II? Grind Date? New Danger? Come on son.

    Only album from ones you mentioned is Madvill. Of course a goat. College drop too.


  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah 2003 was a great year, I bought Get Rich or Die Trying & Philadelphia Freeway on the same day. That Philadelphia Freeway is damn near classic 4.7/5 lol. Classic Bars and Beats, freeway knows how to make songs. I always say 2004 was the last good year before the dark ages. I feel as though we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel now. 08-11' we were dead in the the middle of the tunnel lol.
    Free was ridiculous back then it's like people forgot


    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Steezo View Post
    2004?
    college drop out
    mad villany
    purple haze
    the new danger
    urban legend

    2005?
    thug motivation
    the massacre
    late registration
    get rich or die tryin
    04 thin on the ground after madvill, mmfood, purphaze and c.d. Nothing else happening.


  14. #14
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    Lol not even close. SS II? Grind Date? New Danger? Come on son.

    Only album from ones you mentioned is Madvill. Of course a goat. College drop too.
    Soul Survivor II is not a very consistent album, but it has 4 classics on it and that's enough for me.


    RZA and GZA on a Pete beat, this should've happened more times.

    Fly Till I Die, Appreciate and Just Do It

    The Grind Date is underrated. Only a few albums on your list are just as good or slightly better.


    Jake One delivering a banger and DOOM is killing it.

    Verbal Clap and Much More are classics. Shopping Bags would've been one as well without the corny hook.


  15. #15
    BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD TSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LITville, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,101
    Rep Power
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    lol @ some of the albums named
    yeah, easily one of the worst years and eras in hip hop history

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •