once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - Keep Watch [New Single off 'A Better Tomorrow']

Remember when Triumph leaked, and had that shitty R&B hook, from Cornelius? Then a few months later, the REAL version came out? This is just like that.

Don't forget - the original version of C.R.E.A.M. had a shitty R&B hook too.

OH YEAHHH...WE GOTTA GET THAT CREAMMM....CAUSE IT IS OUR DREAMMM....ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER SCHEME....WHOAAAA...WHOAAAA-OHHHH-OHHHHH....CREAMM, BA-DA-DA-DAAAA-DAAA, BA-DA-DA-DAAAA-DAAA.

Peace CT

Are u being sarcastic?^ I was listening when Flex was first to drop "Triumph" and there was no hook. Peace

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

its pretty obvious that he was being sarcastic
    We do it for the people.

"In the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty"

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    If this is indeed the Wu's last album they should be going full circle. If this track is any indication of the direction the album is going...then I'm sensing another flop.
    8 Diagrams was a flop. Barring a couple of joints that album sunk without a trace within the public conciousness. Wu stans might sing it's praises but the majority of hip hop heads thought it was a let down.
    Ouch! 8 Diagrams was a decent album; However, that was seven years ago when things weren't right within the group.. Wu might not sell a lot of units but they'll receive national attention for their new album.
    "Criminals have more rights than victims. Protect yourself and show no mercy with vengeance!"

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Ouch! 8 Diagrams was a decent album; However, that was seven years ago when things weren't right within the group.. Wu might not sell a lot of units but they'll receive national attention for their new album.

things still aint right within the clan brah!

INS kills it. still dont make it a hot beat.

Illest Killa Bee

Quote Originally Posted by ShortyCoffeeStain View Post
    Remember when Triumph leaked, and had that shitty R&B hook, from Cornelius? Then a few months later, the REAL version came out? This is just
    Anybody got that version?
    Bring back the essence...

^ Both those tracks were in the Wuki bonus package.

Illest Killa Bee

Last edited by mic napalm; 03-26-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    Bring back the essence...

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shortycoffeestain View Post
    remember when triumph leaked, and had that shitty r&b hook, from cornelius? Then a few months later, the real version came out? This is just like that.

Don't forget - the original version of c.r.e.a.m. Had a shitty r&b hook too.

Oh yeahhh...we gotta get that creammm....cause it is our dreammm....another day another scheme....whoaaaa...whoaaaa-ohhhh-ohhhhh....creamm, ba-da-da-daaaa-daaa, ba-da-da-daaaa-daaa.
    lmfao

LMAO @ R&B HOOK TRIUMPH ahaha

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I've been listening to it for 1 hours today and it might be kinda good, but still far away from dope. This beat is so avarage and I think tha they would've sounded better on some rugged shit.

I would really like to know what happened to Clan. Where's the energy and I don't need things like off Enter or Forever era.

LOL I absolutely LOVE this post... who the hell listens to a song on repeat for ONE FUCKING HOURS that he doesn't even like! I gotta give it up to you homie, that's dedication - trying to find that moment when the song suddenly turns good!

anyway, i think this track is fucking dope... the only thing that i'm not down with is the hook which isn't even necessarily BAD but on a Wu-Tang Clan track - who the hell needs it?? i think this sounds like the Wu i know, that smooth Shaolin soul shit as i've been saying bc that's the term that immediatly popped into my head when i heard this. it might not be the best choice for a first single, bc i like them to stick to the script of releasing the song featuring ALL the members first but i'm not mad at all to have this on a WTC album. not every track has to be hardcore joints, we need some variety on there... also first GZA verse in years where he sounds like his old self to me!
    Last edited by claaa7; 03-28-2014 at 05:36 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

The best part of the beat is the first 5 seconds. From there it gets really repetitive.
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Quote Originally Posted by digitalsouljah36 View Post
    The best part of the beat is the first 5 seconds. From there it gets really repetitive.
    As does Cream, Ice cream, its yours and hundreds of other clan songs. Doesn't mean it aint good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Universo View Post
    As does Cream, Ice cream, its yours and hundreds of other clan songs. Doesn't mean it aint good though.
    wtf are you talking about comparing them shits. this beat is wack.

music is usually built around repitition of certain phrases and sounds. Some things sound/are more repetitive than others. Doesn't help that its a one bar loop.

look, I really don't listen to rap anymore so when I heard there was a new Wu track out I was pumped

to hear the guys back together just laying it down with ease like they always have is a fucking treat

Decks first few bars trip me out
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"