once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: The Conjuring is overhyped

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

Default The Conjuring is overhyped

Some people were telling me that it was one of the scariest movies they had seen in some time. It wasn't scary. I found myself thinking some parts were more funny than scary. It was full of typical cliches from other recent movies such as the crappy Paranormal Activity films. Why was it rated R? It should have been PG-13. I think Insidious was even scarier.

The Conjuring had me jumping like crazy def one of the scariest films ive seen since the 80's

U prob watching the shit with the lights on and using the speakers that are installed in the tv you bought lol....You need to go big on this one. I had my 7.1 turned way the fuck up ...also had the lights off

insidious wasn't scary at all to me

side note: Anabelle is a the doll in the Conjuring and its getting its own film.....Conjuring 2 is on the works....Insidious 3 is on the way but starring mostly all new actors
    Last edited by 100pr00f; 03-29-2014 at 07:35 PM.

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

I thought it was a pretty predictable exorcism type of movie, which they make too many of. Some of the scenes had me almost laughing, I wasn't sure if that was intended, I don't think it was. I have a friend who is part deaf and watches movies with closed captioning. So he obviously can't hear the sound effects too well at all, but he had said it was scary, and he has watched a lot of horror/scary movies, so I was a little surprised he said that. Yeah, the face of the doll was probably the scariest thing in the movie, but that was only shown in the beginning and a few times after that.