Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 61

Thread: If u thnk Redmans Mddy Wters is > than Darkside give your reasons, cuz I Disagree

  1. #16
    BBW SLAYER GRANDMASSIVE.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    WASHINGTON D.C. , VA CATS
    Posts
    1,916
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I think they are both equally great imo but both are 2 entirely different albums. Neither is better than the other, both have amazing production with that FunkDocness. DIzD has more of that cosmic slop sound which was mostly producled by Reggie Noble himself (if yall didn't know) vs Muddy Waters funkdafied shit which Sermon handled the majority of the tracks. I can see why a lot of people would say MW was better, it did go 3x platinum & it is highly more recognized by the people but DIzD did go Gold & is an underground classic in its own right.
    Both albums can be heard from start to finsh, so DIzD vs MW = a Draw

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    Beats. That hard funk sound on his first 2 albums that Eric Sermon does sounds a bit dated 2 me
    Cosign

  3. #18
    PRODIGAL SUN sickdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    34
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    whoot thee album > darkside.

  4. #19
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    LOL@Sickdog. Whut Thee Album isn't better than Dare Iz A Darkside even though Whut Thee Album is very good. Muddy Waters isn't better than Dare Iz A Darkside but it's a good album also and it was his last good album. I heard he's working on a sequel to Muddy Waters but it won't be good. His last 3 albums aren't good. Doc's Da Name album was ok but it was a disappointment and i think he tried to go mainstream with that album. That's why I'll Bee Dat song sounded mainstream and it was his first single because he was trying to sell records. Redman didn't care about selling records before and that's why his first 3 albums sounded underground. I was surprised Doc's Da Name went platinum and his first 3 albums are gold. His first 3 albums should've been platinum. Malpractice was his last gold album and i was surprised it went gold because it sucked. Once again he tried to go mainstream and he tried doing a song for the clubs when he did Let's Get Dirty. He had never tried that before.


    He should've stayed underground because he's good at doing underground music and that's why i love his first 3 albums. He also should've left Def Jam after Malpractice because it's obvious the company didn't care about him anymore because it shouldn't take 6 years for Def Jam to release Red Gone Wild after Malpractice. He could've put out 2 more albums after Malpractice with all that time being wasted and i know his fans were pissed off that it took 6 years for Def Jam to release a album from him.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  5. #20

    Default

    Darkside is way better than muddy waters. I was suprised that red really didn't care for darkside and has not listened to it since it came out because I think that's his best album by far. I think at that point in his life he was on a lot of drugs and doesn't want to be reminded of that point in his life. But muddy waters was more geared for the radio and darkside was just not giving a fuck raw and grimey? Whut does sound dated to me but darkside has a dark grimey feel to it that I don't think he would ever to be able to recapture.

  6. #21
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Redman said that he doesn't listen to Dare Iz A Darkside? I can't believe he said that. That's a very good album and has a lot of funky beats on it. I love the album pictures especially the album cover with him being in the ground and hollering LOL. I also like the samples he used on Dare Iz A Darkside. Much props to him for sampling KRS One's Sound Of Da Police on We Run NY. I don't know why he decided to have Hurricane G rap on We Run NY LOL. She can't rap but she's cute.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  7. #22
    PRODIGAL SUN sickdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    34
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Redman didn't care about selling records before
    cmon son...

  8. #23
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Redman is a underground rapper and underground rappers don't care about selling records. Only mainstream rappers care about selling records. I'm sure when Redman recorded his first 3 albums, he didn't care if they went platinum or gold. He probably only cared that black men in the hood would love his albums because that's who underground rappers make their albums for. I'm sure he also didn't care that his first 3 albums got any radio play because underground rappers don't make songs for the radio.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  9. #24
    PRODIGAL SUN sickdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    34
    Posts
    880
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Redman is a underground rapper
    underground rapper on defjam ? cmon son.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    and underground rappers don't care about selling records.
    bullshit.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Only mainstream rappers care about selling records. I'm sure when Redman recorded his first 3 albums, he didn't care if they went platinum or gold.
    stop smokin that cheap shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    He probably only cared that black men in the hood would love his albums because that's who underground rappers make their albums for.
    only in your wet pink dreams.

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I'm sure he also didn't care that his first 3 albums got any radio play because underground rappers don't make songs for the radio.
    bullshit.

  10. #25
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    Sickdog, i don't care if you don't agree with my comments. Def Jam has had underground rappers like Redman, Jayo Felony, Onyx, Method Man, EPMD, DMX, Keith Murray, Nice and Smooth, Jay-Z, Slick Rick, Cormega, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Richie Rich, WC. Def Jam started out as a independent label and the label became successful because the artists back then were doing good music.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  11. #26
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,025
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Sickdog, i don't care if you don't agree with my comments. Def Jam has had underground rappers like Redman, Jayo Felony, Onyx, Method Man, EPMD, DMX, Keith Murray, Nice and Smooth, Jay-Z, Slick Rick, Cormega, LL Cool J, Public Enemy, Richie Rich, WC. Def Jam started out as a independent label and the label became successful because the artists back then were doing good music.
    How exactly are they underground when those artists are on a major label, famous and very successful?

    Thats the opposite of underground, genius.

  12. #27
    -
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Age
    40
    Posts
    17,736
    Rep Power
    60

    Default

    My point is just because rappers are on a major label, that doesn't mean they're mainstream. Those rappers i named that used to be on Def Jam are underground and just because they had some success, that doesn't mean they're mainstream because they're on a major label. Richie Rich, WC, Cormega, Nice and Smooth, Keith Murray and Jayo Felony didn't sell a lot of records on Def Jam. As a matter of fact, Cormega's album Testament didn't get released on Def Jam. Trigger Tha Gambler also was signed to Def Jam and his album didn't get released. I used to have a bootleg copy of it and it's pretty good. It's called Life's A 50/50 Gamble and it had the first single Bust which he had a video for with Smoothe Da Hustler. WC and Richie Rich only released one album on Def Jam. It sucks that westcoast rappers haven't had success with Def Jam because i like Richie Rich, WC, Jayo Felony. Warren G was on Def Jam but he only did 2 albums with the label.


    About that life

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

  13. #28
    Rum Ham ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    MAFIA LAND
    Posts
    13,025
    Rep Power
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    My point is just because rappers are on a major label, that doesn't mean they're mainstream. Those rappers i named that used to be on Def Jam are underground and just because they had some success, that doesn't mean they're mainstream because they're on a major label.
    Yes it does. Pretty much every musical artist in history started in the underground scene. Otherwise you might as well call Elvis Presley and The Beatles underground. Lol.

  14. #29

    Default

    Muddy Waters >>>>>>>>>

  15. #30

    Default

    Wow, I see a lot of people here who appreciate Darkside coming out the woodwork now!
    Thank you! Ima get back to this topic. Check out this promo video I found for Meth and Red from 94, I'm just watching it now.

    Again - I was listening to it today. When I was in my teens I would play out albums.
    For some reason I've been knocking this album for the last 2 months and it just fascinates me more and more. Fuck man, the bass and his voice and rhymes - I keep catching shit I didn't hear before - and I've been listening to this album for 20 fucking years now!

    Admiral Crumple - Creator of Dark, Hardcore and Clever hip hop since 2002!
    Be sure to "like" www.facebook.com/admiralcrumple

    You belong there

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •