Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rae's Lex Diamond: Why the hate?

Default Rae's Lex Diamond: Why the hate?

Basically, tracks 1 to smith brothers is straight fire. after that, you have the song w/ deck and killa, the song with tekitha, and if your lucky, u have 3 6's. Why r all yall hating. most of the beats have definitely improved from his last effort and lyrics remain solid. I think yall just have a personal vendetta with the dude. holla back

Default Re: Rae's Lex Diamond: Why the hate?

its ok album but the production just isnt good enough...plus it contained ice cream pt2 and the hood but still it had a few bangers and the shith bros production is great

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

It's all love man.

Scientifical Ninja Orion Nebulus's Avatar

The album was ok....could have been way better though. The production needed to be better.

i have it, i liked it, clientele kidd with ghost and fat joe was fuckin sick..

Veteran Member

i think its a real nice album somer really good songs on it, only a few wack ones.

Peace

its a pretty good album, not that many wack songs, and the lyrics and beats are still tight

still standin tall

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

the beats was weak un like most of yall I like for wu to rap to more up to date beats. the lyricxs are fire but The beats lack Intensity that's why it's a one week banger I banged that album sold for one week and rarely to I put it in, but to hear number 6 for got the name and the last song with old girl singin

Veteran Member

yeah its a good album not a classic but a good effort

only thing i noticed is that the pit bull fights track has the same beat as a song on the eastern conferance allstars album. can't remember which song but it is almost identical and i think it was made b4 lex diamond

Most clan solo albums are hate by many people that were made post-Forever, simply because they never matched up to their debut solos before 1997. The Lex Diamond Story is no different.

Cuban Linx was his 1rst album...i'd say that's reason enough to judge LDS

good feedback, but damn... it was better than most of the recent solo, ie meth, rza, deck... probably on the same par as gza1

its just a lame album in my estimation.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Audio System/Diamond ShaolinDarts's Avatar

The main problem with LDS is that it does not have what is required to live up to its own theme. It is scattered with Mafioso and hustler skits and references and yet it severly lacks the energy and tenacity that would be expected to live up to this theme. Tracks like pitbull fights and muskateers of the pig alley have a kind of Chef flavour to them but then again in many places this is non existant or weak. It has a few highs, a few lows and the rest is in between. Tracks like Wylde in the club, IceCream pt2 and Robbery are just very average tracks and 3 tracks is enough to turn an album sour. Add to that tracks like The Hood and Planet of the Apes where Raekwon makes the odd lyrical slip up and already this album is wearing very thin. What is a real shame that this album does at times become almost embarrasing while at others it shows of the skills of one of the most unique and talented rappers ever. Its does have its highlights but looking at this objectively its not hard to see that Rae last made an album in 1999 as it does come across as slightly incoherent. But then again Wu fans are slightly spoilt as we have been given some of the best music ever made so its always hard to judge.

Having said all of that Raekwon is my favorite rappers so this album does get regular spins in my car.
    That's why we do the do, just know who is who, acknowledge me all day, and understand Wu is Wu - Chef Raekwon

I'm hood ornaments, junkies win awards in my tournaments - Chef Raekwon

Shogun Assassin Liquidswordsman's Avatar

It seemed like it was rushed, i think if they would have taken some more time on it it would have come off better.

I HATE HOW EVER SONG TALKS ABOUT ICE WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    'A spade in the club with the heart to wear diamonds' GZA
    'Wizard of Clarks; Tony Oz' Ghostface

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wooly Noggins
    usa was built on terrorism