once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: NehruvianDOOM

Default NehruvianDOOM

Bishop Neru and MF DOOM's collaborative album "NehruvianDOOM" is now finally out and is a short but potent album, clocking in at just over 30 minutes (there's supposedly a bonus track on the iTunes version though which I haven't heard yet). i have listened to it once or twice by now, and it's a cool little album for sure, DOOM's production is constantly on point, and the few verses he drops is just that too. i was pleasantly suprised to see that the last track on the EP/mini album is a co-production between DOOM and Madlib (Madvillain).. overall it has a real nice flow to it, and its definitely something you can listen to from front-to-back. this is pretty much my first time hearing Bishop Nehru, and as i'm gonna give it a few more spins but on my first meeting with the emcee i definitely think he holds his own.

a quesiton though - are these beats entirely new to DOOM fans or have they previously appeared on any "Special Herbs" volums?

what did you think of it?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

(iTunes bonus track)

(produced by Madvillain)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

also in preparation of the release, Bishop released a free prequel tape called "Nehruvia" which features the young spitter going in over classic beats by DJ Premier and J Dilla, MF DOOM and Madlib - i haven't listened to it yet but the tape is available for free @ DJBooth.

Not that much into Doom anymore, I used to be a year ago but I've just gone off him for some reason.
    The different coloured casette's picked at random is a good idea though!
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

looking forward to checking all these releases

hope he did the classic joints justice on the mixtape. I always get hype hearing someone over a classic beat until the moment they can't touch the original.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

I think this is the 4th or 5th thread on this.

EP is decent. Nehru is signed to Nas' label and says hes trying to make a Nas/Doom collab happen, which would be nice.

Aight this worth copping or not?

Durag - I need to give it a few more spins but it's an interesting album, if you have plenty of money to buy records for at the moment i think it's worth picking up... but if you're on the type of budget where you only can buy maybe 10 albums this year, there's better LP:s out there.

what i want to know though is this NEW doom beats, or are they from "Special Herbs" series? Doom drops some ill verses too though

Crooklyn Dodger SilentKiller_Bee's Avatar

If I recall correctly, beats are all brand new. The only recycled beat should be "Darkness".

7 Golden Vampirez Poison Flowerz!'s Avatar

https://poisonflowerz.bandcamp.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PoiSoNFLoWeRZ
    ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷ ☰ ☲ ☱ ☴ ☵ ☶ ☳ ☷

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Darkness and coming for you are old special herbs beats that's it tho beats are cool

^ thanks a lot for that info, good to see that he went back and did some new beats since he's been using those "Special Herbs" beats for a good while now!