once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: [compilation] DIAMOND D - "Still Top 5ive" (2009-2014)

Default [compilation] DIAMOND D - "Still Top 5ive" (2009-2014)

anyone that knows me, in real life or online, knows i'm a huge Diamond D fan, i'd probably go as far as saying that he's one of the most underrated producers out there... i mean sure he gets his props and is considered an all time-great, but he rarely if ever mention amongst his peers like Large Pro, RZA, Pete Rock, 45 King, etc. as he just released "The Diam Piece" which has barely left my phone for close to two months now i wanted to make a little companion piece to it Lost Tapes style. Diamond has revealed it took him roughly two years to put the album together, and after dropping some somewhat lackluster albums and beats around 2002-2008, I feel that he shortly after that really came into his zone again, and it's this era i want to focus on.

Titled "Still Top 5ive", this 20 track compilation features almost all non-album cuts produced by Diamond D from late 2009 up until the spring of 2014. It's an excellent listen with a few cuts originally recorded for "The Diam Piece" that was later scrapped ("Deflate Cha"), one of the strongest tracks from BIGREC's "DoomsDay" (an album fully produced by Diamond that dropped earlier this year which you should all pick up for sure), two of the five Diamond productions from Beneficence's "Sidewalk Stories" debut and more. TURN IT UP, and support tht "Diam Piece" y'all"

Quote Originally Posted by Still Top 5ive
    <br />
    01. "Time is Now" (w. AG & Sadat X)
    02. I Get Down" (w. Collective Efforts)
    02. "Think About It" (w. J-Live)
    03. "Time is Now" (w. AG & Sadat X)
    04. "Heavyhitters" (w. Beneficence)
    05. "Boyz II Men" [Remix] (w. Blu Ft. Nitty Scott MC)
    06. "Think About It" (w. Freestyle Professors)
    07. "Magic (Like That)" (w. Kurious & AG)
    08. "Take Japan" (w. Dillon)
    09. "Deflate Cha" (performed by Diamond D)
    10. "The Cypher" (w. Fat Joe)
    11. "Shine" (w. Pharoahe Monch & Mela Machinko)
    12. "No Time to Waste" (w. J-Live)
    13. "The Heater" (w. Raekwon, Kaimbr & Hasaan Mackey)
    14. "In Da Jungle" (w. Sadat X, AG & Twan)
    15. "Treasures Untold" (w. Beneficence & Diamond D)
    16. "Internationally Known" [Remix] (w. OC, Fat Joe & Big L)
    17. "The Dumb Out" (w. BIGREC & R.A. The Diamond Mine)
    18. "Let Your Thoughts Fly Away" (w. Dilated Peoples)
    19. "A Moment of Silence For Big L"
    20. "Snakeman Flow" (w. Rhyme Boya, Hunger, Gooci & 晋平太)[*]
    DIAMOND D - "STILL TOP 5IVE

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

props man

you always bless the internet with great compilations

unquestionably gonna burn this and see how it is

I've been bumping one of your compilations. I believe the Lost Album one. Up there with your Biggie "Larger than Life" comp.
    Non Ignorants

RIP

Yeah this dope, thanks Claaa just bumping now.

How sick is that Blu - Boys II Men remix

^ right, fucking crazy... Diamond got heaters for days, somehow he still manages to be sort of underrated...

i noticed i made a mistake when posting here, it says that "Time is Now" is both track 1 and track 3, track 3 is in fact "Changes" by Torae

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

^ Cheers

How good is The Diam Piece? Still haven't heard but I heard some mixed reports, a lot loving it but a few ppl disliking it

^ me personally i think it's absolutely terrific, every time i listen to it i think to myself "what the hell is it about this album that people don't like" (a few of my peeps wasn't crazy about it). to me it's easily his best album since "Hatred, Passions"... definitely worth buying.

here is another relatively new Diamond D production that's not on the compilation -
    https://soundcloud.com/kidtsu/no-gua...tees-feat-yesh

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Dope this crazy thanks Diam Piece is 5 stars