Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Voice Sampling (kanye Continued)

Veteran Member

Default Voice Sampling (kanye Continued)

Again, RZA gave credit in the Wu Manual to Prince Paul for showing on that DeLa album that you can sample any weird thing. He said on the Tavis Smiley show that as a teen his used to put his own soundtrack to cartoons.

What sets the Wu Elements apart from all those bitters (i.e. Kanye West) is that they don't just sample shit to sell records. Voice sampling within the Wu is an art. you wonder sometimes how they find those things (war and Kung fu movies, old records, plays...). 4th sampled Billy Holliday on a killarmy record (Swinging Swords) that was just genius. also listen to blood for blood, nice shit. how about "can't loose" on digital bullet. i can't name them all.

my point: the Wu shows a lot of artistic integrity in their sampling methods (in fact it seems there's a method to it all: the Wu method). unlike those other dudes who do it for show or sales.

one

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

Default Re: Voice Sampling (kanye Continued)

^^^^^there you have it people you cant explain it any better than that........i try to tell niggaz here in texas thatwu basically started the shit but they suear it was just blaze and kanye ponk ass west.but they kno da truth deep down....

^^if they really believe kanye and just blaze started sampling then they obvious dont know jack shit about hiphop and you just need to laugh at their stupid ass and keep movin.

wu-tang didnt invent it either, they just revolutionized it.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

^^^^trust me son..i laugh VERY FUCKING HARD!!!!!!

Everyone knew that in the first place
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Yeah it was so many people sampling back in the day. Hell even LL Cool J sampled that "All night long" on that Around the way girl. That's the first sped up sample I can think of back in the day and that was what about 91-92. I think the wu just took it to another level but when I tell cats that they dont seem to understand. So I dont even argue anymore
    Yall be nice to the crackheads!!!!

"U can see the weakness of a man right through his iris"

Dolla dolla bill yaaaall! RhymzaRua's Avatar

Look, I love Wu songs and their sampling is great and RZA revolutionized sped-samples and etc... BUT, you guys are overlooking one vital detail, Kanye also samples for artistry. Just listen to his masterful beats on songs like "Heart Of The City" and you'll realize that. And, Kanye did some AMAZING production on Common's new "Be" album. And though there are obvious similarities between Kanye's and the Wu-producers' styles, Kanye has a significantly different style of his own, and he's improved and become more artistic over time. Seriously, just listen to "Be" with an open mind and you'll understand.

And most people I've seen talk about him have said that he "brought back the sampled, soul sounds", not that he created them.

Again, I'm not trying to be bitter or anything, I'm just trying to help you guys not overlook a great (especially recently) producer.

true, "Be" is amazing and proved Kanye's versatility. he might be unbearable as a guy, he's still good behind the boards.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin
    true, "Be" is amazing and proved Kanye's versatility. he might be unbearable as a guy, he's still good behind the boards.
    even though i hate to say it . but i agree

blah blah blah
    Wu uses samples and revolutioned it in many ways....but they keep it and master it cause thats their signature sound, record sales aside
    Kanye and Just Blaze make songs for more commercial artists so its not their fault if the records sell or not.....depends on the name thats performing over it
    so the first post is just another sign of ignorance....making WU look like superheroes

peace
    a.k.a. The Difference saying check out my 1st video

kanye is great but i dont really see how he brought back soul sampling. when exactly did it go away?
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

like 99-2003

wu-tang was sampling maad shit in that time. so were a lot of other artists. its just that mainstream listeners are being breastfed music by BET, MTV and the radio and they miss out on shit.

word^^^^^

Pussy Ass Quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by gi0vanni
    create man you're always bitching at people. you need to take a chill pill. you jump on people every chance you get.

Any asshead can take a song, speed it up so the girl singing sounds like chipmunk, put some drums over it, and make it a "classic" beat. Kanye just isn't that great with the sampling, and he overuses it way too much. Now with that said I do think Kanye is a "good" producer, but that's it and that's all.