Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prodigal...i want my money back

Veteran Member

Default Prodigal...i want my money back

how long we been waitin for this to drop? me, since uh...lets just say 10 years. i bought it yesterday from my hoods corner record shop and im rankin this piece of shit cd up there with the yin yang as one of the worst wu albums ever. it sounds nothin at all like wu or the sunz, i cant even explain the overall sound of it...its like south meets west meets the sewage drain....brutality is the only shit i can listen to (i love it) and maybe...maybe #2 soul survivor. i hate this and i wanna frisbee it down the street but i might be able to get 2 dollars for it if i really get on the grind.
    dissapointment sucks.

Default Re: Prodigal...i want my money back

yeah i've heard snippets of it and the only songs im feeling are the two Rza tracks and another track i cant remember the name of. it doesnt sound like its worth my cash.

i never listen to anyone who gives and album review and i DL albums before i buy them ever since the BOAP fiasco.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wadedigital36
    yeah i've heard snippets of it and the only songs im feeling are the two Rza tracks and another track i cant remember the name of. it doesnt sound like its worth my cash.

i never listen to anyone who gives and album review and i DL albums before i buy them ever since the BOAP fiasco.
    OK HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND BUT I WHAT ABOUT BOAP WHAT WAS WRONG WIT IT I LOVE THAT CD ALL THE SONGS BUT WE POP

Thats why people listen to snippets before buying albums.

BIG L Rest In Peace

it does suck pretty bad. picks up a bit towards the end, all in all the beats are real lame. the guys as underground as it gets and every hook was on some singin shit, makes no sense

this shit is pretty bad. Ive been lookin forward to it for a while. it only has one or two redeming momonts.

puzzled is tight. Who produced that?
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

I like the album but the hooks on it are bad. In My Life, Brutality, Puzzled, the other RZA track are the best songs on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
    OK HAVEN'T BOUGHT IT YET AND BUT I WHAT ABOUT BOAP WHAT WAS WRONG WIT IT I LOVE THAT CD ALL THE SONGS BUT WE POP
    in the review thread everyone was saying BOAP was classic and i went and bought it and it was crap.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

if I go by yalls rating doesnt sound like an album to get

Quote Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence
    if I go by yalls rating doesnt sound like an album to get
    dont ever do that, always listen for yourself.

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I bought the album and I don't like it either. Brutality is the shit and the other Rza joint has a dope beat although the hook sucks. The rest of it is pretty much unlistenable. I was dissapointed that "Love Ain't No Stranger" wasn't on the album-I heard that joint before the album dropped and it's tighter than most of that wack shit on there.

DJ /Tastemaker/Asskicker J-Ronin's Avatar

Peace fam. Prodigal's album is aight. I wish him the best. However I am looking foward more for his mixtape. It's gonna have a good quality version of Love ain't no Stranger and a lot of either ill songs that fit more with P's traditional sound. More sample based beats, less singing hooks.

So keep a look out for the mixtape cuz thats what I really wanna get.

- J
    ALL ELEMENTS vol. 12 hosted by M.O.P. out now!! - vol.11 hosted by Jadakiss in stores now
    www.twitter.com/jronin
    www.twitter.com/savkillz

Herbivore

It isn't that bad. I like about half of the CD. Brutality is an excellent track and has the style of production I would hope to hear on an entire album. Sunn does rhyme with the words "American Dream" way to much in way too many tracks, though.

FRESH FISH

Personally I like it better than Streetlife's album, I'm not going to praise it but theres some songs on there that keep my attention. Puzzled, Godz People, Brutality, Campaignin, and Sunshine. Another joint I like is Manhunt, I DO NOT like the chorus, but on the verses he sounds like the angry Prodigal from back in like 95 and I love it. I do believe with Prodigal's talent, he should have had a better album, but I will not sit here and say it is the worst since yin and yang, there have been worse albums than this from the Wu.

P.E.A.C.E.
    Iron Fingaz "Revenge of the Iron Fingaz Part II" OUT NOW!!!!
    Iron Fingaz "Iron Fingaz of Death Part I" OUT NOW!!!!