Thread: Rza and Jim Jarmusch are pitching "Ghost Dog" as a TV show, written by Rza

Importer/Exporter/Prophet Artsdradamus's Avatar

Default Rza and Jim Jarmusch are pitching "Ghost Dog" as a TV show, written by Rza

Q: These characters are so fully fleshed out that they feel like friends by the time your movies end and we miss them. Have you ever considered revisiting your characters?

Jim Jarmusch: No. I kind of like to leave them alive and out there. I donít like to draw a curtain at the end of the film. I like to think that they are still out in their world. But once I finish a film, I canít look at them again. So Iíve never thought about bringing any of them back except for one case. (Laughs) In Dead Man the character Gary Farmer played was killed at the end and I was kind of heartbroken to kill him, so I brought him back in another century in Ghost Dog just so that he could live again. But itís kind of ridiculous because itís in another place at another time. But that was purely because he was gone. Other than that I donít really even think about it. Weíre talking about doing a TV series of Ghost Dog, but we wouldnít bring back the character of Ghost Dog except possibly as a ghost. I didnít write it. Itís a script that the RZA wrote with another writer. So weíre proposing it as a pilot. Itís really good. It brings in new characters. They just finished the script.

Q: Would you direct it?

Jim Jarmusch: I might direct the pilot and be an executive producer. But I donít know if anyone will go for it. Eventually the Ghost Dog character will be passed to a Japanese girl. Itís set a little bit in the future. I didnít write it, but I loved it. So thatís as close Iíve ever gotten to bringing something back and even that has new characters.

http://dorkshelf.com/2017/02/10/jim-...y-of-paterson/

Interesting... Curious to see if this idea gets past the pilot phase. RZA creates a lot of art so imagine the unreleased volumes that he has in the archives like the Bobby Digital movie, The Cure etc.
    "Rap is something you do, HipHop is something you live!" KRSONE
    -PEACE-
    http://mikeall.bandcamp.com/

Peace CT

I like the idea. But like most Wu related projects, it ain't happening. Peace

that movie is a bonafide classic.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    that movie is a bonafide classic.
    I have the soundtrack but have never watched the movie...sounds like I should based on your comment

there's a slow hypnotizing rhythm to the movie. some understated humor as well

it's the kind of movie you can watch again every few years cuz its atmosphere and style are as important as its plot

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.