once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Something I've always wondered about Canibus

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    lol CJ is tripping man. Theres no delays in posting whatsoever!
    CJ's library needs new computerz hahahahaha!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

SUPERIOR TASTE IN BAD MUSIC

i hate this new forum...

and yeah CJ liked Canibus i backed him on that before.

nevertheless hahahah.

as a younger kid compared to y'all old sorry asses ha i love Canibus and hes in my top 5 doa give or take depending on the day (he's my fifth spot) so i switch depending on my mood or the day.

Second Round KO was released on Can-I-Bus and that album was garbage. i didnt grow up in the 90's able to follow all the talk but im saying in the hardcore hip hop realm 2000 BC and a lot of Canibus' release hold weight to this day. meaning i still bang them fuckers.

so really i cant comment on the battle type shit like we were all listening to him one vs one battling people back in the day. his diss' are a different story and tbh i dont care for 'em. i just listen to what he writes and lays down on a mic and y'all mental if you think the shit aint hard...

oh and the whole LL spit tracks for the ladies... so did 'Bis,

wish rtj infinity came out

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    i swear lots of people are bitter/embarrassed that they thought canibus was the second coming of jesus, so they have to correct their previous adoration by going on about how corny he is now and making dumb threads like "did he like, even battle dude?". he made 3 great albums (2000bc, mic club and RPJ) and dropped them during a period when 90s legends (and most of the clan) were destroying their legacies by releasing trash albums and collaborating with anyone they thought might give them a popularity boost.

a lot of hyperbole surrounded his music for a while, but if you bought into that shit it's your own fault. i shamelessly listen to classic canibus and whatever other "underground" hip hop to this day. some of you faggots are still saying shit like "LL won" - LL was amazingly corny for his entire career and never made a good track, let alone a good album. most of you wouldn't have been caught dead listening to his shit in the last 90s but now want to talk like he's a legend and his early albums were classics or something. rubbish.
    Best comment in this thread so far.

I respect Canibus for joining the army. That's tougher and more brave than most of what these fake tough guy rap thugs are doing.

Someone called Canibus corny. I think LL Cool J is one of the corniest rappers from the 90s. The guy licks his lips all the time. He's a narcissist. And what's with the rolling up one pant leg thing? That was super corny.

The I Shot Ya remix is good but LL Cool J's verse is the worst on the whole song. In matter of fact, I'd rather hear that remix without LL Cool J on it.

LL Cool J was always focused on women, lifting weights, his own image, acting, etc. I don't hate the guy. He is a legend in his own right.

But you aren't going to catch me riding around listening to LL songs. My favorite song by LL isn't even a rap song really. I like LL Cool J and Boyz To Men - Hey Lover. It's got that vibe.

But I'll always consider Canibus the better lyricist. I think he started his career off wrong having Wyclef produce his first album. It was a poor match with no chemistry.

The idea of RasKass, Killah Priest, Kurupt and Canibus in the same group as the Four Horsemen was probably one of the group formations I most anticipated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atS9aV3bqYU

^None of LL Cool J's songs or collabos fuck with Canibus or this group. Canibus can lyrically go hard with the best of them. I'll agree that listening to Canibus trying to carry an album all by himself is tough. He would have been more a legend as a member of a group like Four Horsemen.

SUPERIOR TASTE IN BAD MUSIC

Quote Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
    But I'll always consider Canibus the better lyricist. I think he started his career off wrong having Wyclef produce his first album. It was a poor match with no chemistry.

heres that song embeded, cause i know how to do that shit.

i dont care for this song. hook is LAME beat is LAME every other horsemen just sounds OLD hahah and i love these dudes. BUT Cani came through, interesting bars, flow wasnt too trying, on point when it comes to the pen.

Killah P was cool too though.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    And fuck off with that whatever shit this agenda and that about canibus. The thread is as I said. I have simply always wondered if he actually ever earned his stripes in the battle arena, so I asked about it. Don't always assume everybody has some hidden agenda or whatever.
    ha, you'd never noticed any of hundreds of times rap nerds here had talked about bis' notorious battle antics in the 90s? fair enough - pretty whiney tone in the initial post imho though brosef.

and yeah Rama, LL never made one good track. i didn't see you posting any of his "good tracks" in between any of that word salad that constituted your response. step off.

^YES! I had noticed it. But I've never seen any of it authenticated or anything. That was exactly what I was saying. Do people just act like he's a battle god cos he presents himself that way, or did he actually earn his stripes?

Nah mean?

New EP out, for October 2017! Drink Before You Think. Featuring the smash hit single and Wu-Tang Corp anthem 'The Cuck Jesus', as well as collabs with Mister Yo! Check it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...15#post2594015

Regarding the horsemen, I actually wasn't into their shit at all from memory. Great lineup, but just shitty beats from what I recall. Disappointing output for the potential they had.

New EP out, for October 2017! Drink Before You Think. Featuring the smash hit single and Wu-Tang Corp anthem 'The Cuck Jesus', as well as collabs with Mister Yo! Check it out here...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/sho...15#post2594015

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    ha, you'd never noticed any of hundreds of times rap nerds here had talked about bis' notorious battle antics in the 90s? fair enough - pretty whiney tone in the initial post imho though brosef.

and yeah Rama, LL never made one good track. i didn't see you posting any of his "good tracks" in between any of that word salad that constituted your response. step off.

What's the point? If you haven't heard one good song by now you're just a straight up hater.