once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bidding for OATIS has begun. U got that bread?

while his lawyer and other lawyers are right to point out that the judge revoking his bail is based upon shaky legal foundations (essentially she's just grown tired of his caustic attitude) the hair sampling comment also goes to show that Martin Shkreli lacks any form of self censoring and just plain doesn't know when to shut the fuck up.

some guys are just assholes, he is one of them. amusing to the outside world, sure enough, his trolling entertains me too, but we cannot forget about these points:

*he faked respect to rza, cilvaringz and cyrus when pretending to want OUATIS for the sake of the music. he bought it for attention from the general public and admiration from the hiphop community. in truth, we don't even know whether he LIKES hiphop. he sure as hell put on the role of humble rap afficionado when he was courting cilvaringz and rza. think what you will of the album and how it came about, some of you might think 'rza and cilvaringz had it coming lmao' this dude just plain abused hiphop to get what he wanted. people are quick to call others 'culture vultures or 'guests in the house of hiphop' well in this case that label is justified

*his attention seeking is compulsive to the point it gets him into trouble time and again. you can ask yourselves how a man with such a psychological profile is allowed a position of power in large companies. sadly, I think he is no exception

*probably no need to remind anyone he's been 'creative' with other people's money, which led to his convictions

he SHOULD be in jail. but I would hope they give him internet access there lmao
    Last edited by Lee Towers; 09-13-2017 at 06:04 PM.

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.

Martin's bid was the most interesting at that time. Not Martin himself, but the bid. He was fairly unknown at the time of sale. It's unfair to blame him for fucking us with that, and it's unfair to say RZA and I had it coming. These were simply said the circumstances of a public auction. What's crazy is what he planning to record against us on the day of his first arrest, and he + the entire situation was saved from possibly escalating to something actually dangerous. He "fucked" with the Wu in his HiphopDX interview (which the book readers will understand more) and few days later got arrested. Now he was on the edge of selling the album (bidding ended tomorrow) and again, he's headed to jail. Maybe Wu-Tang really aint nuttin t'fuk with....
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 09-13-2017 at 06:49 PM.

nada ignorante

The video dissing Ghost was corny as fuck too LOL
    N.I.

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post

*his attention seeking is compulsive to the point it gets him into trouble time and again. you can ask yourselves how a man with such a psychological profile is allowed a position of power in large companies. sadly, I think he is no exception
    Also sounds like Clinton at this point in her life. In her new book she admitted to wanting to make voodoo dolls of members of the press and congress and poke them with pins. Maybe they should date!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Martin's bid was the most interesting at that time. Not Martin himself, but the bid. He was fairly unknown at the time of sale. It's unfair to blame him for fucking us with that, and it's unfair to say RZA and I had it coming. These were simply said the circumstances of a public auction. What's crazy is what he planning to record against us on the day of his first arrest, and he + the entire situation was saved from possibly escalating to something actually dangerous. He "fucked" with the Wu in his HiphopDX interview (which the book readers will understand more) and few days later got arrested. Now he was on the edge of selling the album (bidding ended tomorrow) and again, he's headed to jail. Maybe Wu-Tang really aint nuttin t'fuk with....
    A truly spectacular series of events.

The album is probably snapped in half at this moment..

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Also sounds like Clinton at this point in her life. In her new book she admitted to wanting to make voodoo dolls of members of the press and congress and poke them with pins. Maybe they should date!!
    thank jebus she left the reproductive age fast behind her. just imagine the babies breh

@ Cilvaringz : I get your point about the circumstances of an auction. and I understand the distinction between the person and the bid as well

also, I was not there when the sale happened. I can't truly know what went on in Martin's head when he decided to put in a bid. What happened AFTER he received the album does speak against his persona imo. I can't imagine anyone involved in the auction expected this level of disrespect from Martin towards OUATIS and its sellers.

actually in a way it was a bit of an eye opener to me reading the negative comments Martin made about the wu and rza specifically, as in wuchamber we can be the harshest critics about the music a la 'woodstock rza'. but it's another thing when some arrogant dude rips down your heroes (yes I said it) in the national press. I remember being actually SHOCKED when I read the things Martin Shkreli said about rza.

So I was left to wonder, essentially, what's the difference between wuchamber criticism and outsider criticism?

maybe on here it seems like we are amongst ourselves when we criticize the music or even the rapper (I mean his artistic choices), but at least we know we are rooted in fandom over so many exciting years of wu releases that we got so much joy out of.

but when you hear someone you don't even really know loves hiphop attack the PERSON, not even the rapper or the music it's a major shock. at least to me it was

so I have little compassion for Martin Shkreli post OUATIS sale. I will admit his antics are very entertaining though. he seemingly lives without taking into account any consequences. that makes him a free spirit but also an asshole. he is entertaining but he should bear the consequences of his actions.

Sorry for my long posts about this topic, Martin's antics seem to get under my skin somehow.
    Last edited by Lee Towers; 09-14-2017 at 02:49 AM.

You do know that Martin going off on us in the HiphopDX interview was all theatre and part of the Plan B we were setting up, he just went too far with it. He didnt actually harbor those feelings towards me or RZA. Just wondering if you understood it correctly from the book.

nada ignorante

Is this the interview u talking about?

N.I.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Yo Cilva, I read the book (thanks again for the copy) but it doesn't really get into the Back and forth with Ghost. Was that part of Plan B, or was that part of the "too far"?

You do know that Martin going off on us in the HiphopDX interview was all theatre and part of the Plan B we were setting up, he just went too far with it. He didnt actually harbor those feelings towards me or RZA. Just wondering if you understood it correctly from the book.
    yes, I realize that, the book conveys it clearly. but Martin just went plain overboard with it. the things he said, you just can't take that kind of stuff back in the public arena once you commit to that level of (initially agreed upon) disrespect. the things he said hurt rza's, the wu's and your reputation in the public eye. It was more than Martin just playing the (intended) villain card. it shows Martin has issues with boundaries, common sense and assessing situations correctly.

I am still unsure whether Martin actually has a passion for hiphop. his true motives for buying the album do not seem music related to me, although I'm assuming that is what he was trying to convey to rza, cyrus and you

Quote Originally Posted by wukillabee25 View Post
    Yo Cilva, I read the book (thanks again for the copy) but it doesn't really get into the Back and forth with Ghost. Was that part of Plan B, or was that part of the "too far"?
    I'm sorry to say that ghost's vid came across as a cringe fest to me. ghost is clearly not used to trolling, Allah bless him for it.

His earlier Pretty Toney character had me in stitches though. Great stuff.

Did you enjouy Ghost's diss vid?
    Last edited by Lee Towers; 09-14-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    Is this the interview u talking about?

indeed. in my posts on this subject, what I have a problem with is what Martin said from 5:30 onward. how did he not realize he was hurting rza's reputation (and by association wu tang and cilva's) in a major way?

how did Martin not realize he crossed a line between antagonizing/setting up a good versus guys scenario (for plan B) and going nuclear by calling rza 'motherfucker', being late to the meeting, uninteresting and full of himself? it's counterproductive overkill and just a shock to wu tang fans as to how rza is perceived as a person 'in real life'

when I first heard this interview, way before cyrus' book was released, I almost had the type of seizure Lil Wayne has every few months when he remembers how Birdshit 'took care of him' as a 'father'

but maybe I'm an oversensitive mofo hahaha
    Last edited by Lee Towers; 09-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.

Technically, you could buy this at ebay under the asking price and resell it. Now that the album has a life of its own, it is worth more than 2 million. You have a adventure to go along with it. Maybe a new one with the new buyer who could be someone less stressful.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
    thank you, that was a good read. cyrus seems to have very diverse and intriguing interests beyond the OUATIS project as well