once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eminem and Donald Trump - 2004 Shady convention

Star Shower Lazer Magic ShaDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulcock View Post
    trump is still definitely more popular than any recent former presidents. sha, don't you live in england? should i give input on how popular your benny hill president is?
    If you want. Doesn't Trump have the lowest approval rating of recent times? Not that that means everything but It definitely doesn't look even on a superficial level that hes very popular.

@shadynasty most original email fans dropped out of being his fan cause they grew up and his music was immature. There was a recent influx of white ppl that wanted to use him to insult the black rappers because that's what time it is and they came in a millions. Then there were the extra casual listeners that only fuck with him, Flo Rida, and Pitbull. They also fuck with Trump. I noticed a shift in the YouTube videos and comments

He's gone from the GOAT to some sort of sellout POS that can't rap in their methy low protein narrative. I wanted to post YouTube comments on here but fell asleep. He used to be god to nights with the punisher emblem thumbnail's that DONT GET OFfENDED

Star Shower Lazer Magic ShaDynasty's Avatar

I'm sure theres some truth to that, but as with Trump he has a lot of die hard supporters of his own. Hillary got something like 3 million more votes than Trump and a lot of americans didn't vote at all so I don't think hes going to end his career this way.

He may be becoming the rap version of U2 though, with his pandering and struggles to be modern and relevant hes going to find a smaller and smaller audience. Its a paradox, the more you aim for a broad audience the less your music means to any one person.

The last sentence is the truth. Trumps supports only need Trump to make liberals mad and not sell out and he'll have their vote, and to them selling out would be using the terms 'white privledge' 'cis-gender' 'triggered' etc. That's literally all he has to not do, everything else is game. So while his popularity is 'dropping' he's not appealing to people who change their minds at all, so he's still as strong as ever. the people with negative opinions about him now that didn't have them before are people who, for some reason, couldn't pick a side to begin with. If anything he's getting more popular with his base because they're getting because the rest of earth is calling them stupid which reinforces their us against them mentality.

with their level of radicalization, Eminem fucked up lol. Eminem is an easy rapper to grow out of for most ppl. his early music isn't for the adult pallet and his recent music is too broad to matter to anyone like you said. He was getting a bulk of his support from racist that owe their life to rap, and he now put himself on the wrong side of their 'us against them' mentality.