once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: (New) Eminem - Walk on Water Feat. Beyonce

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulcock View Post
    who you fooling, you're more white than ironman
    why are you using 'white' as an insult?

No artificial sleazy

He was at his prime when he was a lost drugged out, nihilist white mid to late 20's starving detroit artist.

The slim shady lp reminds me of avant garde albums like Swordfishtrombones or Supreme Clientele. It's so off the wall you revisit them every 4-6 months because everything is boring in comparison. You get maybe 3-4 albums like that in a decade spanning multiple genres

Which also makes me wonder, if someone needs drugs to be great are they a great artist? It ducks for me cause a lot of my favorite rappers, Em included, are just mouthpieces for whatever drug they're on. Then they get depressed, implode and start making shit music.

If the shit music is them clear headed, maybe that's just what it is. Em was an animal when he came out. My name is was probably the first rap song I memorized and felt like a GOAT being in 5th grade talking taking tip jars from strip clubs.

I also can't stand the new wave of em fans. Their knowledge of hip hop is Drake, G easy, Flo Rida, Em and Pitbull. They're a woke 10% of them that knows Tupac but you can't have a decent Em discussion without one of these very aggressive ignorami jumping in.

Star Shower Lazer Magic ShaDynasty's Avatar

I think everything was classic up until The Eminem Show where he started rehashing older material to lesser effect. SSLP and MMLP are genius satires of Hip Hop and society. Since then hes been sporadically brilliant but like any old artist hes not going to reach that level where everything just works perfectly again. Its like catching lightning in a bottle.

^A large percentage of Eminem fans have been that way for at least 10-12 years.

Before the artists you mentioned emerged, they just jocked every artist on Shady Records

No matter how mediocre or forgettable they were.

They've also always taken aggressive stances toward any artist Em ever beefed with, usually with little to no knowledge of that individual or group's contribution to the culture.

The only 2 people that Eminem ever beefed with that deserve merciless ridicule are Fred Durst and Benzino.

Even Vanilla Ice can get a pass because he's so unintentionally hilarious in his corniness.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Thanks for your hate hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The Master of Equilibrium Origin™'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I also can't stand the new wave of em fans. Their knowledge of hip hop is Drake, G easy, Flo Rida, Em and Pitbull. They're a woke 10% of them that knows Tupac but you can't have a decent Em discussion without one of these very aggressive ignorami jumping in.

hahahahah at ever trying to argue with an Eminem stan, especially one that isn't actually into Hip Hop culture.

I'd rather argue with a girl mid period than even talk to an Em stan.. I take my hat off to you Tsa foe even attempting that shit lmao.

there are some good points in this editorial's honest assessment of the camp factor of Em's lead singles throughout his career

https://hiphopdx.com/editorials/id.3...-album-singles

hahaha, this picture always kills me

Banned

It’s shocking how these multi millionaire rappers and athletes don’t get bespoke suits; that’s woeful from the cracker
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

In the US fitting clothes = gay.
    Up until like, 2012 or so, I think this pic is before THE SWITCH. Even then, the people with well tailored suits are millenials. The actual money ppl with influence still dress like they're a heterosexual laundry basket
    Last edited by TSA; 11-19-2017 at 01:20 PM.

ha, funnily enough these guys were probably paying thousands for suits which fitted like sacks.

Banned

Fuckin hell that’s cringe worthy to look at but nothing is as bad as the Lebron James draft night group photo. A suit that doesn’t fit is one of the worst things to look at fashion wise.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by rat fakerman View Post
    ha, funnily enough these guys were probably paying thousands for suits which fitted like sacks.

I hope Biggie wasn't wearing Puffy's suit.