once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: The Better W Iron Diagrams

  1. #1
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default The Better W Iron Diagrams

    So there have been several posts here recently that have inspired me a bit to make my own playlist out of the last 4 Clan albums. I feel like there are some really good songs on them but I never listen to them because only 36 Chambers and Forever ever made it to my MP3 player (which used to be a separate device, and is now my phone), and this is probably where I hear most of my music. I generally only have albums that are 75%+ dope to me on there...so none of the other Clan albums ever made the cut. I'm currently going through them now and picking out the songs that I would not skip if shuffle all the tracks on my phone and one of them would come on. The "album" will probably be named something like in my post title.

    I may start doing this too with other albums (ie. Tical 0 + Meth Lab), not even specific to Wu. I feel like I'll get a better experience vs listening to an album where some of the tracks are garbage...and I'll be able to hear some of this stuff more. If anyone is curious what I come up with (or wants me to post a link when I'm done), I will.

    I know this is random as shit...but I'm not sure why I never did anything like this before (aside from it being a bit more work than just tagging and copying full albums without having to sort through just what I want).

    Edit: As I'm going through these songs, I'm realizing a lot of them are an element or two away from being dope songs (removing a whack hook, leave out a certain verse, a small change to the beat, etc.). A lot of these are ill songs if you are just skimming through them and only listen for a few seconds
    Last edited by hiphopjunky; 11-19-2017 at 06:10 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    As much as I love a good album, but what's wrong with having a folder for loose tracks where you can put freestyles, unreleased tracks, strong tracks from weak albums etc?
    You never feel like you wanna listen to, say, "The Riddler"?

    Peace.

  3. #3
    father of ringz' children
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    31
    Posts
    462
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i basically add the eras unreleased joints onto the albums n take off a track or keep em.

    for example

    the w has what you in fo (this is such a good fit), the abduction and shaolin worldwide

    iron flag i cut it to basically an ep, picked the best 6/7 songs plus rocksteady, saian remix, killa beez from the sting

    8d i change a few versions for their original from the mixtape (weakspot, thug world/unpredictable,wolves radio rip), add face the problemz, watch your mouth,you cant stop me now remix and state of grace because it fits the vibe. i can take oput a few songs but i generally think its a decent album

  4. #4
    'The Fourhorsemen' TSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    LITville, USA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    38,865
    Rep Power
    150

    Default

    Even the best songs on those albums are shit unless you only listen to Killa Bees your whole life. Gravel Pit is the only actual song on Iron Flag, 8 Diagrams doesn't have anything that would make most rapper's FB freestyle, and wutang themselves hate a better tomorrow.

  5. #5

    Default

    The W is dope as fuck i dont see why that needs to be included here?

  6. #6
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    The W is dope as fuck i dont see why that needs to be included here?
    Actually, this definitely had the most tracks from any of these I'm including. I think there were 8 tracks. Only 2 from ABT

  7. #7
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Arief View Post
    As much as I love a good album, but what's wrong with having a folder for loose tracks where you can put freestyles, unreleased tracks, strong tracks from weak albums etc?
    You never feel like you wanna listen to, say, "The Riddler"?

    Peace.
    I've always had a random artists folder with singles and other loose tracks, but I just started including tracks from albums (beyond where only like 1 track is good). No idea why

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Age
    13
    Posts
    16,358
    Rep Power
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    The W is dope as fuck i dont see why that needs to be included here?
    The Iron W is better
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    So there have been several posts here recently that have inspired me a bit to make my own playlist out of the last 4 Clan albums. I feel like there are some really good songs on them but I never listen to them because only 36 Chambers and Forever ever made it to my MP3 player (which used to be a separate device, and is now my phone), and this is probably where I hear most of my music. I generally only have albums that are 75%+ dope to me on there...so none of the other Clan albums ever made the cut. I'm currently going through them now and picking out the songs that I would not skip if shuffle all the tracks on my phone and one of them would come on. The "album" will probably be named something like in my post title.

    I may start doing this too with other albums (ie. Tical 0 + Meth Lab), not even specific to Wu. I feel like I'll get a better experience vs listening to an album where some of the tracks are garbage...and I'll be able to hear some of this stuff more. If anyone is curious what I come up with (or wants me to post a link when I'm done), I will.

    I know this is random as shit...but I'm not sure why I never did anything like this before (aside from it being a bit more work than just tagging and copying full albums without having to sort through just what I want).

    Edit: As I'm going through these songs, I'm realizing a lot of them are an element or two away from being dope songs (removing a whack hook, leave out a certain verse, a small change to the beat, etc.). A lot of these are ill songs if you are just skimming through them and only listen for a few seconds
    I definitely wanna hear what you come up with.Ive posted a few of my own on this site also.

  10. #10
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wescraven View Post
    I definitely wanna hear what you come up with.Ive posted a few of my own on this site also.
    No doubt, will post a link next time I'm on my pc

  11. #11
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    531
    Rep Power
    0

  12. #12
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    36
    Posts
    11,302
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    ^^Good Mix
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •