once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is your country also obsessed with WWII ?

^haha, I never said that, dook. That's mister yo. I'm the one with the $99 Android that I think is as good to me as a $5000 iPhone would b.

I would rather have my $99 phone with Google blobs than I would a $5000 iPhone with whatever pointless, thyme wasting shit u can do with it. I honestly mean that.

Check for my latest one man band hip hop songs here...

https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist/junior-wols

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Yeah. You usually know how little someone knows about history/the world by how much they reference WWII. It's the only thing they cram into your head as far as 'world history' but the US is generally just obsessed with US history. I do agree that at this point it's a virus for anything based on history. Documentaries, the history channel before Palehorse got an internship there, movies etc. Anything dedicated to telling history eventually turns into a WWII content machine.

It's the most well marketed war and fits the mold of story telling that hollywood has conditioned everyone to think in. That's why it sinks in harder for most people and is accessible to people who don't know fucking shit. The post war marketing was phenomenal. It's really the Fast and Furious of global conflicts. Hitler is western Jesus though. He died so that all western countries can be forgiven for doing literally the exact same mother fucking shit he did. The 'good guys' beating him cleansed them of their own genocides and the fact that he wasn't saying anything that wasn't conventional western thought and socially excepted norm then and now. The need to say 'We beat that bad guy' for soul cleansing also helps the push.
    It's not exactly the most well marketed war it's just the only war that MERICA can even come close to claiming they won (they didn't) If Vietnam didn't make a bunch of British rock bands mega famous by stealing African American blues music and adapting it to the times of the Vietnam War nobody would talk about that one either.

It did have the biggest impact on humanity in the 20th century though so there's a good reason why a lot is written about it and I guess most people take it all in because most of us either have a grandparent or some kind of family member that served in WWII. I've got a bible that my great-grandfather sent to my grandmother in like 1941 so I'm always interested in knowing as much as I can about what he might have gone through.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

I don't under-rate the impact at all, I'm just saying the retelling of it is extremely self serving. you're right though, Russia fought and won the war, everyone else was just buying time. It's also the only war that the US can walk out of and say they weren't absolutely on the wrong side of history.

WWII is the most important war in history but since it's marketing is exceptional, it comes off as the only war. They've branding good and bad guys well, made it appear particularly ideological, and have pin 'genocide' as a german thing very well. WWI and the Crimean War can teach you a lot more about history than WWII because their shit branding still leaves the reality of the whole thing untainted.

They really have motherfuckers out here acting Winston Churchhill did anything noteworthy in his entire life accept when a CUCK election that made him PM while Britian was being sonned and ethered.

i enjoy ww2 documentrys and they make and they give my mind alot pf peace its because all them mother fuckers had it so bad and i have it good they make me appreciate my life thank god its not theirs
    “Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.”- Buddha
    You’ll know you’re making progress on the Sith path when you go from being suicidal to homicidal -darth bane
    Www.soundcloud.com/Projectillogic
    Www.reverbnation.com/Projectillogic

I think every country involved is obsessed with it. Though it is the war that finally got the Europeans to understand that fighting each other was a bad idea. I find WW1 more fascinating, it was far more brutal. You had cavalry charges into early era tanks and shit. Serbian assassins, Crumbling empires, Bolsheviks, the Kaiser moustache, crazy stuff.

WWI was def crackin. I also think the Crimean war is heavily underrated. The Crimean war was the first war that wasn't 'fun', because you had real reports from people on the ground as opposed to dramatic poets and novelist that were greasing cannons during the entire duration of the conflict. Pictures didn't lie. At the same time you still had the story being told me dramatic poets (Charge of the Light Brigade) so it was an even more of an awkward mix of old and new world. Shit was brutal and gave a full explanation as to how things work in Europe in a short concise period. The Civil War did the same thing for the US only that wasn't short at all. it was when shit got real. Amputee pictures, telegraphs about niggas shitting themselves to death, total impotence at managing modern war, The Crimean War was definitely the flute into sample to WWI's Winter Warz.

plus the gear game was nuts

Last edited by TSA; 01-05-2018 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    I think every country involved is obsessed with it. Though it is the war that finally got the Europeans to understand that fighting each other was a bad idea. I find WW1 more fascinating, it was far more brutal. You had cavalry charges into early era tanks and shit. Serbian assassins, Crumbling empires, Bolsheviks, the Kaiser moustache, crazy stuff.
    World war 1 and the American Civil War are two of my favorites to study.

World war 1 had a lot of layers to it. Primitive plastic surgery from the wounds, Shell shock/PTSD, and the advent late in the war of the tank and the airplane, and as you mentioned a lot of political and social changes, the ushering in of the modern world.

I visited many of the battlefields, cemeteries and museums on the western front.

WWI was def crackin. I also think the Crimean war is heavily underrated. The Crimean war was the first war that wasn't 'fun', because you had real reports from people on the ground as opposed to dramatic poets and novelist that were greasing cannons during the entire duration of the conflict. Pictures didn't lie. At the same time you still had the story being told me dramatic poets (Charge of the Light Brigade) so it was an even more of an awkward mix of old and new world. Shit was brutal and gave a full explanation as to how things work in Europe in a short concise period. The Civil War did the same thing for the US only that wasn't short at all. it was when shit got real. Amputee pictures, telegraphs about niggas shitting themselves to death, total impotence at managing modern war, The Crimean War was definitely the flute into sample to WWI's Winter Warz.

plus the gear game was nuts

No wonder the Ottoman empire collapsed those uniforms lol.

The Crimean War is pretty much forgotten, I mean in Turkey its never really mentioned at all. Turks go on and on about WW1, Gallipoli and the war of independence that followed but the Crimean war is pretty much forgotten. The only telling landmark of the war is the Florence Nightingale hospital in Istanbul and thats it. For a country obsessed with war forgetting the first really 'big' war is kinda strange. The current government is busy rewriting history though so we see what happens. At the moment they saying that the Arab revolt in WW1 never happened, our muslim brothers would never betray us blah blah blah. It was apparently all a lie created by zionists and Turkish nationalists to make Turks hate Arabs and push Turks away from Islam into the grips of evil secularism.

Banned

ANZACs and Turkish soldiers were friendly with each other too which made that whole battle a little strange. There was never any bad blood before or after Gallipoli between the three nations and in recent decades it’s been embraced in unity to commemorate what happened. I don’t think any of us wanted any part of that battle.
    Bushido is realised in the presence of death.
    This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between life and death.
    There is no other reasoning.

mph.

My cousin Gus faught in thhis war and haad a case of diarrheass during battle from whut he told me.. To this day he stiull gets a little shakey when reachingh for Tums.

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Van Dam View Post
    My cousin Gus faught in thhis war and haad a case of diarrheass during battle from whut he told me.. To this day he stiull gets a little shakey when reachingh for Tums.
    you'd still beat your name sake Jean Claude at a spelling bee, pops. Salute!

POP THE BLUE PILL AND GO N.I.
    I'm in Wallonia, oh wait, now I'm in Flanders. #OhLetsDoIt
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin
    Since you join you have posted 333 messages a month on average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa
    Are you fucking happy now?! I can't believe I have to post a picture of my shit in order to shut you faggots up! And this is me!