once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rhyme Writers

I can write a little 16 or 8 bar verse sometimes, when i'm in the right mindset. I write much better poetry though than battle style rhymes.

no doubt , ive never really been a battler , but im starting to get better with battles and shit now s'all good

Knowing the Ledge Claustrofobic's Avatar

started a few weeks ago actually, I completed like 2 songs already, im gonna spend the coming year spending serious time at this shit, imma elevate for real, ain't a motherfucka stoppin me

I started writing at age 12, in 1991. But I wasn't serious about it, it was just a talent, like school poetry assignments were always easy, it didn't start turning into "good lyrics" until I heard Wu-Tang Forever in 1997. I started freestyling in like 1996, I've grown considerably over the years.

"This is my book, take a look, see if it grabs your attention, with a hook, the queen took the rook, into a new dimension" Tajeco

Post 420

i've started.. when i was 20... and right now its 4:20 over here ..
    Trip

Post 420

now that that is out of the way.. /// i started writing .. at age 20 as a diss towards.. my cousin just fucking around.. >> he has flow.. but he beat me in spanish.. i at the time.. didnt not .. have n e knowledge so i came with whatever came.. to my head. .. > after he burned.. me i was... like fuck ... he is tight... and i thought he was just playing around.. but his put downs.. were sick.. i imagine... word play now... so then i was... like oh .. alright .. i'll have something 4 u ... > took me like a couple of hours.. but i wrote it... on my own.. and all... >> then challenged him again.... and i've been writing ever since... > this was like... late '04 like in Dec / early '05 ... then in like the summer of '05 .. i started finding out i had something .. i just found myself... learning .. that i had it in me.. all along... >>> i would realize... damn why do i remember all these things.. when i was young... or what happened with that girl... >> like any little thing... i just blew up ... right now im 21 .. i stay in cali... and still writing to this day... i dont think now.. that i could stop.. . where ever i 've been.. or where ever im going.. im going 2 tell .....
    Trip

I wrote my first rhyme when I got locked up at 14. It was about being locked up overall and what I missed about being free. I was always a little freestyler, I'd try to spit something but I remember me and a friend made our first rap when we were about 11/12 one day when we were smoking a j. It went something like...

Chillin in the barwood, smoking on a hard one,
    Ya'll don't wanna fuck with us.. got the police looking for us..
    So we keep our shit down low, to where the cops don't go,
    Like in the alley way, we smoke out everyday,
    Chilling in ES, it is the fuckin best..
    Better then, better then all the fuckin rest..

And we rapped that wherever..the bus, class, in the detention center. It was mad simple but catchy when we spit it. But I started seriously writing locked up. I wrote at least 500 tracks, some uncompleted, some done with hooks to tote. The Rocafella vs. D-Block battle is what really got me in to putting myself on record. I started doing little computer tracks and then I would always get in to little internet rap beefs. Overall, I'm more of just a freestyler lyricist who likes to spit for fun and doesn't take rhyming to the heart as would a dedicated artist trying to strive in the game.

i think i'm high

spit for years now, didn't start writing untill maybe 2 years ago, i'm 19 by the way

Realness