once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: I paid Dom Pachino the price he was asking for a cd, now I want $6 back for no reason

  1. #1
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default I paid Dom Pachino the price he was asking for a cd, now I want $6 back for no reason

    Below is an exchange I had with customer service or whoever. Short story is my order was treated as 2 separate orders and I was charged $6 x 2 ($12) for shipping. The items were actually shipped together and actual shipping cost was only $3.32. They are basically telling me tough shit, that's what the shipping department does. I've had issues with both Royal Sunn and Black Day in July orders, and both have corrected the issue and even went beyond just fixing it (Bronze personally handled the issue with my order). Napalm is fucking shady and I will never but anything from them again. As a repeat customer, this is like being spit in the face.

    Don't whine about your work being leaked and say things like "this is why we release only physicals" when you screw your customers...

    Edit: I messaged dom p on Twitter and he didn't reply.

    From: Me
    Date: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 11:18 AM
    To: NAPALM RECORDINGS;
    Cc:
    Subject:Re: Fwd: Your order from Dom Pachino is on its way!

    Wow. This completely contradicts your comment below about avoiding this is they were purchased on the same order. Even checking out before payment there is a false perception that the products are coming from different places. Thanks for confirming that I will no longer support napalm or their products. If I'm really a "valued customer" then you would see $12 for shipping and "handling" is absolutely insane. I will no longer be supporting a company that treats their customers like crap. This will also be communicated to others that purchase napalm products. Nice work.

    ------ Original message------
    From: NAPALM RECORDINGS
    Date: Fri, Jan 19, 2018 10:38 AM
    To: Me;
    Cc:
    Subject:Re: Fwd: Your order from Dom Pachino is on its way!


    The shipping charge of $6 is not just for shipping is for shipping and handling the processing for that package. Sorry the policy states no refunds period. All sales are final.

    On Jan 19, 2018 6:14 AM, "Me" wrote:
    you're shipping and return policy does not state this, it is unethical and extremely shiftee. I'm not asking for a return, or a refund on THE PRODUCT, but the 6.00 in shipping that was not used. This is artificially inflating the sale price which is terrible business practice. See below from your website. Please reconsider and get back to be as quickly as possible.

    Shipping and return policies for NAPALM RECORDINGS

    Shipping Info
    OVERSEA'S ALLOW 7-10 business days to receive from date of shipping.

    Thank's
    Napalm Recordings
    Return Policy
    ALL SALES ARE FINAL NO RETURN'S. NAPALM RECORDINGS NOR ANY OF ITS ARTIST ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOST PACKAGE'S OR SHIPPING DAMAGE'S.

    ------ Original message------
    From: NAPALM RECORDINGS
    Date: Thu, Jan 18, 2018 11:51 PM
    To: Me;
    Cc:
    Subject:Re: Fwd: Your order from Dom Pachino is on its way!

    Dear valued customer,

    We're sorry to inform you but a refund will not be possible as all sales are final and you received your product. When our shipping Department sees two CDs going to the same address in close proximity they get shipped out together the only way to avoid this is to purchase them together as one order. Sorry for any inconvenience please refer to our shipping and return policy.


    On Jan 18, 2018 9:08 PM, "Me" wrote:
    Hi,

    I ordered both the Firegod lp and the Warghosts lp...But they were treated like separate purchases through bandcamp. I was charged $6 for each cd ($12 total), but the cds were actually shipped together...and shipping was only $3.32 on the label.

    I would like to request a $6 refund for the shipping of the second cd (I don't care about the $3.32 vs $6 shipping..I get it's a set rate). Please let me know if any other information is needed, and respond as soon as possible.

    Thank you
    Last edited by Artsdradamus; 01-20-2018 at 12:14 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Below is an exchange I had with customer service or whoever. Short story is my order was treated as 2 separate orders and I was charged $6 x 2 ($12) for shipping. The items were actually shipped together and actual shipping cost was only $3.32. They are basically telling me tough shit, that's what the shipping department does. I've had issues with both Royal Sunn and Black Day in July orders, and both have corrected the issue and even went beyond just fixing it (Bronze personally handled the issue with my order). Napalm is fucking shady and I will never but anything from them again. As a repeat customer, this is like being spit in the face.

    Don't whine about your work being leaked and say things like "this is why we release only physicals" when you screw your customers...

    Edit: I messaged dom p on Twitter and he didn't reply.
    Peace. I definitely agree yo. I've had this same issue some artists who sell their music though Bandcamp. Being that I always try to cop 2 copies of the illest classics, I've noticed the same shipping ripoff that you're referring to. For example, they'll charge $15 for the CD itself, and $7 for shipping. Thus, $22 in total. However, since I'm purchasing 2 copies, I get the additional $15 for the second copy, and then another $7 for the shipping of the second copy. So, the total comes to $44. $30 for the 2 CDs, and $14 for shipping, which as you said, is insane. Then, when I get the package about a week to two weeks later, not only did they ship my copies together, but it's clear that they only paid $3 or $4 for standard shipping. So, they ultimately scammed me out of an additional $10 or so. It's happened to me before yo. And I've complained as well, with some artists/companies agreeing to refund me the difference. Others have agreed to waive the additional shipping for the second CD beforehand, as I threatened to not support otherwise. However, I've also gotten the kind of lackluster responses that you received from Napalm, which is why I also recommend not supporting them. I've tried contacting them as well in the past, and they gave me some bullshit "all sales are final," and "each CD is sold and shipped individually" response. Which clearly is a lie, because the CDs were shipped together, and at a lower rate. I've even noticed this same ripoff when purchasing 1 CD. The package says that they only paid $3 or so, but I was charged $6 or $7. It's a major scam yo. And I don't care if the music is ill, it's not worth getting ripped off. I'm actually surprised that you got a response from Bronze, because I sent him and his Black Day In July staff a message a while ago regarding this same issue, and got no response. I was going to purchase some CDs through their Bandcamp, but wanted to know beforehand if they would be willing to fix the shipping issue that was subsequently double charging me. No response from them or Bronze, so I didn't cop. I think this is definitely an issue that needs more attention yo. Artists complain and complain all day long about lack of support for real Hip-Hop, but then treat those who actually do support like this. Now, I only support those who can justify their shipping charges, and tell me exactly what type of shipping they're using. I ask a lot of questions yo, and if they can't provide adequate answers, I'm not supporting. For example, what type of shipping methods do you use? Where are you shipping from? Can you wave the second shipping charge, since I'm copping 2 CDs, etc? If you use USPS, I've already checked the USPS site myself and see that $7.95 qualifies for "Priority," based on where you're shipping from. So, since you're charging $8 for shipping, I want my order shipped "Priority." And I want a $.5 refund. I communicate all of that to them yo, and see how they respond. And as I said, if it's not legit, I'm not spending my money yo. It may only be a few dollars here and there, but it's much bigger than that. It's the principle. How can you treat loyal supporters like this? And this goes for anybody selling anything. If someone decides to support and spend their hard earned money, then they deserve to be treated fairly. So again, it's not everybody, but for those artists/companies that operate like this, such as Napalm and Black Day In July, it's pitiful and disgraceful.

    "The Mathematician Who Calculated God From Nigga"

    -The Rza

  3. #3
    Double Secret Probation Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,156
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    So I don't get it... When you clicked on "submit order" did they end up charging you more money than what that total was? If so, that is criminal.

    But it if they charged you the amount that you agreed to, and you're blasting him on a public forum, then fuck you, you are a whiny little bitch.

    This is like when idiots agree to the $200 Uber ride on New Years Eve because of price surging, then the next morning want they're money back because it's usually a $25 fare.

    Like they said, it's shipping AND handling. I know it's only one more cd to handle, but it's probably more to pay a programmer to fix the issue on the website and they'd have to charge you more anyway to pay for that cost.

    So shut the fuck up, cunt. (Unless of course they fraudulently charged you more than you agreed to)

  4. #4
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah, $6 is definitely not life changing money, but it is the principle like you said. I wish I knew before spending money there.

    I'm surprised BDiJ didn't get back to you. I contacted Bronze via email and he responded, ripped guys a new ass that were messing up and I had some new customer service chick contact me and she fixed everything.

  5. #5
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    So I don't get it... When you clicked on "submit order" did they end up charging you more money than what that total was? If so, that is criminal.

    But it if they charged you the amount that you agreed to, and you're blasting him on a public forum, then fuck you, you are a whiny little bitch.

    This is like when idiots agree to the $200 Uber ride on New Years Eve because of price surging, then the next morning want they're money back because it's usually a $25 fare.

    Like they said, it's shipping AND handling. I know it's only one more cd to handle, but it's probably more to pay a programmer to fix the issue on the website and they'd have to charge you more anyway to pay for that cost.

    So shut the fuck up, cunt. (Unless of course they fraudulently charged you more than you agreed to)
    Eat a dick and good day Sir.

  6. #6
    Old School
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY, USA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    296
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    One of their responses was, "the only way to avoid this is to purchase them together as one order."

    Did you place two separate orders or were both records processed on a single checkout?

  7. #7

    Default

    ha It sounds like Artsdradmus is a disgruntled customer service associate. Do you work at Target bro?

  8. #8

  9. #9

    Default

    peace hiphopjunky

    that's bad news. sorry to hear it. I hope that at least the music is to your liking ('Firegod' is really good imo, and can't wait to hear 'Warghosts' again, erm minus the Bomshot verses)

    if those CDs were ordered separately (but within a short time span) and were shipped together (as, the way I understand from the OP, they were), Napalm would not lose any of their own invested money if they paid back the shipping cost of the 2nd CD. That'd be like $3, the other $3 out of that amount of $6 for the 2nd CD having gone to handling costs.

    So I'd say a $3 refund after a complaint has been raised would be fair, although legally speaking a 'no refund clause' or some such statement as mentioned on the bandcamp page is probably an adequate defense on Napalm's part. But clearly we are talking customer service and respect towards a buying customer here

    You could conceivable make a case for getting back the other $3 on the handling of the second CD too, that is if the person who does the handling is not a paid employee (if that person were paid, his/her wage would come out of that $3). Now my caveat might be a moot point as I suspect Napalm got relatives or homies, probably also Dom & Bugsy themselves half of the time, doing the handling of the cds.

    The past has shown us Napalm reads up on wucorp threads from time to time, so hiphopjunky, they might yet offer you a partial refund to avoid bad publicity.

    Personally I think it would be smart business acumen for Napalm to contact you again and offer you either a free download (bugsy ep or, if cheaper, the single that was cut from the latest Teraban album, a cut called 'Dust in ya eyez', maybe) now or a promise to drop handling costs on your NEXT purchase with them, thus trying to keep you on board for Team Napalm's upcoming summer release (Dom P x Bronze Nazareth)

    Also, to show you how things are sometimes handled differently by other artists, here's how Su-Preme (early Sunz Of Man producer) handled the same type of situation for me of his own accord : he sent me a FB message saying I accidentally purchased 2 CDs separately within the same half hour, which would amount to double administrative costs, (I was browsing his website and picking up releases along the way) and he told me he'd reduce my costs to the shipping and handling of ONE cd only. that was very nice on his part - mind you, technically speaking I was at fault for making separate purchases.

    sorry for my longwinded post, hiphopjunky, I hope you get some of your money back. it seems to me that would be in the right SPIRIT of customer service

    that being said, it's still Napalm all day, great music over the years, looking forward to 'Poetic Justice', Dom P is a very friendly and sociable guy (met him IRL once), Bugsy is always very friendly and outgoing online too, and I like how this company is still putting out REAL hiphop
    Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 01-20-2018 at 12:46 PM.

  10. #10
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    peace hiphopjunky

    that's bad news. sorry to hear it. I hope that at least the music is to your liking ('Firegod' is really good imo, and can't wait to hear 'Warghosts' again, erm minus the Bomshot verses)

    if those CDs were ordered separately (but within a short time span) and were shipped together (as, the way I understand from the OP, they were), Napalm would not lose any of their own invested money if they paid back the shipping cost of the 2nd CD. That'd be like $3, the other $3 out of that amount of $6 for the 2nd CD having gone to handling costs.

    So I'd say a $3 refund after a complaint has been raised would be fair, although legally speaking a 'no refund clause' or some such statement as mentioned on the bandcamp page is probably an adequate defense on Napalm's part. But clearly we are talking customer service and respect towards a buying customer here

    You could conceivable make a case for getting back the other $3 on the handling of the second CD too, that is if the person who does the handling is not a paid employee (if that person were paid, his/her wage would come out of that $3). Now my caveat might be a moot point as I suspect Napalm got relatives or homies, probably also Dom & Bugsy themselves half of the time, doing the handling of the cds.

    The past has shown us Napalm reads up on wucorp threads from time to time, so hiphopjunky, they might yet offer you a partial refund to avoid bad publicity.

    Personally I think it would be smart business acumen for Napalm to contact you again and offer you either a free download (bugsy ep or, if cheaper, the single that was cut from the latest Teraban album, a cut called 'Dust in ya eyez', maybe) now or a promise to drop handling costs on your NEXT purchase with them, thus trying to keep you on board for Team Napalm's upcoming summer release (Dom P x Bronze Nazareth)

    Also, to show you how things are sometimes handled differently by other artists, here's how Su-Preme (early Sunz Of Man producer) handled the same type of situation for me of his own accord : he sent me a FB message saying I accidentally purchased 2 CDs separately within the same half hour, which would amount to double administrative costs, (I was browsing his website and picking up releases along the way) and he told me he'd reduce my costs to the shipping and handling of ONE cd only. that was very nice on his part - mind you, technically speaking I was at fault for making separate purchases.

    sorry for my longwinded post, hiphopjunky, I hope you get some of your money back. it seems to me that would be in the right SPIRIT of customer service

    that being said, it's still Napalm all day, great music over the years, looking forward to 'Poetic Justice', Dom P is a very friendly and sociable guy (met him IRL once), Bugsy is always very friendly and outgoing online too, and I like how this company is still putting out REAL hiphop
    Yeah, it's shit customer service. And that's a good look for supreme definitely

  11. #11
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    Hiphopjunky's mom.

    You clearly can't reason with stupid. And you are definitely a very special kind of stupid.

    Kudos on the thread name change...shit made me giggle

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by logitrax View Post
    One of their responses was, "the only way to avoid this is to purchase them together as one order."

    Did you place two separate orders or were both records processed on a single checkout?
    i think this is a very valid question. the OP has yet to answer i believe. Was it one check out? or was it two separate checkouts that shipped together?

  13. #13
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,848
    Rep Power
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    So I don't get it... When you clicked on "submit order" did they end up charging you more money than what that total was? If so, that is criminal.

    But it if they charged you the amount that you agreed to, and you're blasting him on a public forum, then fuck you, you are a whiny little bitch.
    I'd have to agree if the 2nd is true. I'd wager 99% of any shipping cost from the internet is not their exact money spent on a shipping label. Given, being charged two shippings for one package is lame, which is why in that case I would email the seller to sort it out before agreeing to pay shipping twice, which it was indeed agreed when you submit an order.
    Napalm email confirmed they weren't even ordered within the same checkout though which changes the story more, so thats extra extra not their fault. Literally any other big reputable internet business would charge the same.
    unfortunate for them to get bad press for that.


  14. #14
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bmore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    I'd have to agree if the 2nd is true. I'd wager 99% of any shipping cost from the internet is not their exact money spent on a shipping label. Given, being charged two shippings for one package is lame, which is why in that case I would email the seller to sort it out before agreeing to pay shipping twice, which it was indeed agreed when you submit an order.
    Napalm email confirmed they weren't even ordered within the same checkout though which changes the story more, so thats extra extra not their fault. Literally any other big reputable internet business would charge the same.
    unfortunate for them to get bad press for that.
    The page forced two separate transactions, even though they were both coming from Napalm (I think firegod was on dom p's page and the warghosts album was on the main Napalm page). I assumed they were coming from 2 different places, which is why I did not raise the problem before checking out. Once I received the package, that's when it became a problem for me.

    I got my money back anyway. I know for next time but still shitty that they would not even budge (no offer for a credit on another purchase instead of money back, etc). Shit customer service.

  15. #15
    Double Secret Probation Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,156
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    A couple years ago, after a long night of drinking, I did a shot of tequila before I left the bar. When I got home, I threw up. I'm going to go back to that bar and demand my $5 back for that shot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •