once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Crypto thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    i'm not sure ghettognom how you are going to benefit from the integration of blockchain into the rest of society, unless you are holding stock in some sort of start up or firm that is working on other products and use cases? There are a couple of upcoming platforms that will allow you to invest money into incubator style companies and their projects w/out having to be on the level of an accredited investor. Not sure what the equivalent of that is in Norway.
    It opens up for partnerships like Vechain's recent announcement with DNV GL, where DNV GL will use Vechain's public blockchain instead of having their own private little blockchain economy. The degree of companies using existing, public blockhains compared to making their own is still very much up in the air, but it's a good sign nonetheless. I'm also interested to see how Maersk and IBM's new venture is going to be handled as I think they'll create their own economy (which of course wouldn't benefit me in the slightest). For smaller companies I think the choice of using a proven public blockchain will be beneficial and more common in the coming years, while for the giants I can see more and more opting for using their own private blockchain.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

In other news, BTC down to a low of $7,8k today. Back up to $8,8 now, but I can see this being a bull trap and the prices going back down to around 4-6k. Total market cap down to 348 (now 430). Next couple of days will be interesting for sure, but when (if we haven't already) we hit bottom there will be lots of money to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

you'll probably see more companies using their own than public but a mix of both really. Using your own locks in internal spending and loyalty and gives the company a lot of stability and consistency, especially ones that operate internationally. I question people's willingness to spend cryptos, even if it's a company's, and don't see them as currencies because they function like commodities. I think the next step is a currency that's back by multiple coins, or a single wildly accepted coin that people would be willing to spend. The coin/chain would work like gold and silver and the currency would work like the pre-fiat dollar.

There would have to be institutions willing to exchange the intermediary for which ever coin it's back by at a floating rate for it to work doh.
    Last edited by TSA; 02-02-2018 at 09:55 AM.

I got in pretty late, but not too late. Still made 3k and put it into AMD stock. I still have a few hundred in different shitcoins, I'll probably cash in when I get some moons.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

Every man and his dog is a crypto expert in 2018
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

That's because it's so easy, even a retard can get rich off of it.

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Every man and his dog is a crypto expert in 2018
    ^
    BITCHCOIN: A NEW CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR BUYING ART AND INVESTING IN THE ARTIST

WHEN YOU BUY art, you typically get something physical in return: A print, a painting, a sculpture. And that piece of art, depending upon who created it and what happens after you bought it, can become very valuable down the line. Or not. But here’s an interesting idea: What would happen if you were to invest in the artist instead of the art? That’s a question Sarah Meyohas, a young photographer from Yale’s MFA program, hopes to answer with her latest project.
    Meyohas, working with Brooklyn’s Where gallery, created BitchCoin, a new cryptocurrency. Like bitcoin, BitchCoin is virtual and “mine-able,” but has just one purpose: https://www.wired.com/2015/02/bitchcoin/

Banned

Lol fuck that

Two years ago my mate put down $500US in to a crypto environmental bullshit start up company where your 'mining' was going out in the community and picking up rubbish and tidying up parks and shit like that. I'm pretty sure nothing has come from that and it never got off the ground

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

No artificial sleazy

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Lol fuck that

Two years ago my mate put down $500US in to a crypto environmental bullshit start up company where your 'mining' was going out in the community and picking up rubbish and tidying up parks and shit like that. I'm pretty sure nothing has come from that and it never got off the ground
    Lol that's not what mining is. Sounds like he invested into a hippie work-release program.

Banned

I know what mining is that’s why I wrote ‘mining’ you essentially get your crypto when providing proof of shit you’ve done

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

That's ridiculous lol