once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Wu know so much smart shit

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Default How Wu know so much smart shit

I just been listening to my "View From Masada" album by Killah Priest and my favourite song is Maccabean Revolt. So anyways I listening to it and start thinking what the hell is the Maccabean revolt, and I find this out. The Maccabean Revolt occured in Isreal between 174 - 164 BC when the Greeks had rule of Isreal they tried to crush the jewish religion in Isreal "The greatest outrage committed by Antiochus IV occurred in 167 B.C. when he entered the Temple in Jerusalm, erected an altar to the pagan god Zeus, and sacrificed a pig on it. That desecration, dated as the 25th of Kislev according to the Bible Calender, triggered the Maccabean Revolt by the Hasmoneans. Their eventual victory and cleansing of the Temple is still commemorated by Jews today by the annual Festival of Hanukkah."

HOW THE FUCK KILLAH PRIEST LEARN THAT SHIT?

There's so many examples of their extensive knowledge of history like in "Daily Routine" Rza makes the reference to Kermit which is what the Egyptians called Egypt "Before Egpyt was called Kermit before the bloods and crips tomahawks and pimps"
    You aint even gotta go to school son pick up the wu-tang double cd you gonna get all the education you need this year WORD

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Default Re: How Wu know so much smart shit

they went to the University of Self
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Yeah I know this my man. The study of wisdom I preferred it. But Shucks thats some deep shit

Allah is my bitch
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

hell ya i remember this past year i was in my sociological class and was arguing something on the topic of relation and family life and i was on e'm and listening to wu tang helped by understanding the dynamic in such songs like domestic violence

The Master of Equilibrium

nothing better than knowledge, makes a rapper invincible, i even taken the time in the past too read the dictionary, knowledge is a powerfull thing

peace

besides seeing a lot of movies that influenced them and such, many of them like to read.

"kermit"...lol

its not kermit.. its kemit

and wu's knowledge isnt anything extraordinary or mindblowing, just better than ur average uneducated rapper.

Available Worldwide via these book sellers:
    Barnes and Noble Bookfinder.com
    Amazon.com Trafford Publishing Target

thats why they are wu-tang

Throw Ya W's Up!
    Propz To Sean For Kickin' The God A Siggy

Quote Originally Posted by My First Timbs
    "kermit"...lol

its not kermit.. its kemit

and wu's knowledge isnt anything extraordinary or mindblowing, just better than ur average uneducated rapper.
    Wu Tang Forever

nuff said

Veteran Member staycreepin_n_silence's Avatar

Pick up a book and READ this is a very stupid thread and I want the creater to know this. Somethings you shouldnt asked. As if books are only distributed to schools and colleges. Read a book from various authers

You should try reading BOOKS...

Quote Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence
    Pick up a book and READ this is a very stupid thread and I want the creater to know this. Somethings you shouldnt asked. As if books are only distributed to schools and colleges. Read a book from various authers
    Really? Well how many books in your journey through wisdom have you studied about the Maccabean Revolt? And you saying this thread is stupid? What the hell does "read a book from various authers" mean? Shit God don't know why you had to come at me like that, but perhaps you should take time to study your grammatical errors before labeling something as "stupid". PEACE

Allah is my bitch

Quote Originally Posted by staycreepin_n_silence
    Yeah I agree. As much as I love Wu, just because they quote something from a history book doesn't mean they're "smart". I'm all for self education, but let's be realistic...do you really think if you were to go up to those guys and ask them about the 12 tribes of Israel that they would even know or give a shit? Maybe Killah Priest. I picked up the Wu Manual and was really disappointed. A lot of RZA's theories just seemed a little too much like jibberish.

Who gives a fuck about the Maccabean Revolt? Who cares about so-called wisdom if you can't do shit with it.