once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

View Poll Results: rate it

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5: Masterpiece

    6 66.67%
  • 4: Banger

    3 33.33%
  • 3: Good

    0 0%
  • 2: Weak

    0 0%
  • 1: Wack

    0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53

Thread: Outkast - Aquemini

  1. #31
    LVsMostBlunted RynMur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vegas 702
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Embryonic Crusadah View Post
    Very good album. Outkast are one of the only southern rap groups, or artists that DIDNT suck. Although they suck big donkey dicks now!
    You must've not heard Royal Flush
    Last edited by RynMur; 12-27-2008 at 04:00 PM.

  2. #32

    Default

    this record is a 10/10 hands down .

    excellent is an understatment here
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!


  3. #33
    The People's Champ Visionz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    38
    Posts
    13,653
    Rep Power
    53

    Default

    That anyone would call this album over-rated is wild to me, one of my favorite albums of all time regardless of genre's. I think all 3 of Outkast first albums are classic so take it however but anyone who's so-so on it should listen to it again just to make sure. The only thing I skip on the album is the call-from-a-prison skit (idk if it even has a name) but other then that I just let it play. Amazing beats, amazing lyrics and I love the concepts of the songs. The creativity that they display in their subject matter is rare in any form. I can't say enough good things about this album.

    Support the Real. Click HERE

  4. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions Unseen View Post
    That anyone would call this album over-rated is wild to me, one of my favorite albums of all time regardless of genre's. I think all 3 of Outkast first albums are classic so take it however but anyone who's so-so on it should listen to it again just to make sure. The only thing I skip on the album is the call-from-a-prison skit (idk if it even has a name) but other then that I just let it play. Amazing beats, amazing lyrics and I love the concepts of the songs. The creativity that they display in their subject matter is rare in any form. I can't say enough good things about this album.
    well said guy. All 3 albums are classics they go from Aquemini , Atleins , SPCM for me in that order.

    Stankonia had some ill moments too Xplosion with B Real and Gangster Shit come to mind

    Aquemini is flawless

    1
    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!


  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    You must've not heard Royal Flush
    ...or Da Art of Storytellin' Pt. 4
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  6. #36

    Default

    I bought Southernplayalistic when it came out, loved it, bought Atliens the day it came out, didn't like it so much at first, bought Aquemini midnight it came out, blazed up and haven't stopped listening to it ever since. It's classic, chillin' fuckin' smokin' music. Anybody that doesn't like this album, literally has no soul.















    or funk.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  7. #37

    Default

    Now now now nine in my hand, ounce in my crotch
    Tony B on the scene with a gangsta slouch, mmmmhmmmm!
    like that now, like this, and it don't quit, and it don't stop

    ONGH ONGH ONGH

    what

    ONGH!!!! SHIT STINK BIG GATORZ , MY DETROIT PLAYAZ ONGH!!!


  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen View Post
    I thought ATLiens and Southernplayalistic are both better, still a good album though
    Well said and truly agreed on in all aspects...3 albums that are all great...So proud of Outkast. Not many artists have put 3 classic records out much less groups...Respect Due...
    Soul Controller

  9. #39
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I actually just recently checked this album out. Man I've been sleeping on this guys, this album is great! It all comes together as a brilliant and cohesive artistic and sonic work of art. Just beautiful. From the instrumentation to the rhymes to the themes, it's ace! Damn good stuff. I've definitely gotta check their other stuff.

  10. #40

    Default

    Almost the perfect album. 9/10
    Last edited by rat fakerman; 03-31-2013 at 02:15 PM.



  11. #41
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Longbongcilvaringz View Post
    Almost the perfect album. 9/10
    What's wrong with it in your eyes?

  12. #42
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    LIBERATION IS MY FAVORITE track

  13. #43
    Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    The Depths of Shaolin
    Posts
    77,780,496
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post
    Classic. Spottieottiedopaliscious is my shit.
    Mine too.

  14. #44
    Veteran Member TheFunkyDrummer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    AMSTERDAMN!
    Posts
    1,935
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJR View Post
    What's wrong with it in your eyes?
    Lol he gave it a 9/10, but because he didn't give a 10/10 there is something wrong with it

    This and the first 2 Outkast albums are classics. Even the annoying choruses don't bother me at all.
    Last edited by TheFunkyDrummer; 03-31-2013 at 03:29 PM.

  15. #45
    Master Ninja KJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United States
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,206
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunkyDrummer View Post
    Lol he gave it a 9/10, but because he didn't give a 10/10 there is something wrong with it

    This and the first 2 Outkast albums are classics. Even the annoying choruses don't bother me at all.
    Lol, well it's gotta be missing SOMETHING if it doesn't get the perfect rating, at least from his eyes right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •