once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 22 of 636 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: The Soccer Thread

Default Re: European Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Krimewave
    are you sure about that?
    I'd say liverpool were very lucky on several occasions last season, esp. beating chelsae 1-0 without even having to score a goal.
    sure about what ? it's my opinion... of course i'm sure about my opinion.

Swollen Member

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchShin
    sure about what ? it's my opinion... of course i'm sure about my opinion.
    hahaha, fair play son. I guess you base your opinion on some pretty fucked up evidence, lol.

if it's unlucky to get given a goal head start in a Champions Cup semi final by the ref, amongst other things (flukey double saves, lucky penalty shoot outs etc), then I suppose liverpool are gonna be unstoppable when they have a "lucky" season.

imo, liverpool were very lucky to win the Champions Cup, I know a few liverpool fans who agree too.

I'm not bothered though cause I made quite alot of money betting on the final, lol.

U have to be lucky to win the Champions League.......look at Porto. Beat Man U with injury time goal, Scholes had goal disallowed for offside when he was onside by 2 yards, Monaco lost their captain & best player 2 minutes into the final etc. Man U were lucky to win against Bayern in 1999, two injury time goals. Chelsea were lucky to put Barcelona out......... only went thru cos Collina left his contacts @ home & didn't see Carvalho groping the barca keeper lol.

[QUOTE=36chambers]I havent got a clue, no one will know. Im pretty sure Man U beating Arsenal was a factor in it tho, and i disagree with the attractive football part, we were playing better than both teams when Robben was playing, scoring 4 goals every game. But every team went thru there rough patch last season when they were playing poor, Chelsea just won them games with no style while the other 2 didnt. And injuries are apart of fooball, u cant say Chelsea won the league because of these 2 factors. End of the day, Chelsea were the better team out of the 3 over the season and in europe and it shows.

- I agree Chelsea deserved to win league were best team over season and were by far most consistent. It wasn't injuries (bar Rooney) it was bloody Olympics & drug test bans - bullshit stuff.

Cech season was flash in the pan - you wait (wishful thinking) - second season syndrome. Wish Utd had got Robben though as they were supposed to before bloody Kenyon fucked everything up as he did for Ronaldinho.

Wu Vatican

Robben is one of the top 5 players in the world right now. Chelsea is a great team without him, and absolutely sick with him.

Whoever said Man U was unlucky or whatever, everyone else in the leauge was lucky that Robben (and Duff to some extent) was hurt for a big portion of the season or they would have just demolished everyone. So no complaining about injuries, it happens.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

i didnt complain about injuries..............still or say man u was unlucky.
    wish half man u players had been injured, probly would have done better
    as i said 'Chelsea deserved to win league were best team over season and were by far most consistent.'
    but there's no denying neither man u or arsenal were their usual self of last 4/5 years last season........
    Robben is awesome but i'll give you 5+ better players @ mo.......Rooney, Ronaldinho, Kaka, C. Ronaldo, Henry & Terry

Wu Vatican

rooney, no. hes good, very good, but doesnt change games like Robben does.

christiano (he is my favorite player) as much as i love him i dont think hes better than robben, i love how flashy and tricky he is but i just cant honestly say i think hes better than robben.

Kaka is i think minutly under Robben, though he is also one of my favorite players, on my favorite team.

Ronaldinho its not a question, man is number 1.

Henry, is pure goal scorer, but hes not better than Robben. If Henry was more of a force in Europe i think id say so, but him and Arsenal always get shit on out of England.

Terry is a defender, i dont really consider defenders to be put as the best players in the world, hes is very good at what he does but i think i would take Robben over him.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Rooney doesn't change games??????????
    Did u see Euro 2004? He was best player in Prem last few months of the season too.
    As for Cristiano, who was better in the Euro's? Takes free kicks, crosses etc as well as beating people and scoring goals - best player in the last 2 fa cup finals.
    Kaka - come on man, be serious! this kid is unbelievable.
    As for defenders not best players, thats what the real madrid president thinks and probably reason why they don't win league or champions league anymore.
    I think Robben is amazing, but so are a lot of wingers.......Joaquin for instance.

LOL AT ROBBEN BEING A TOP 5 PLAYER AHAHAHAHA

hes fast and has a decent shot but hes a diving shit whose weak

hes gonna be one of these 'couldve been greats' and injured all the time

pires scored more goals than him and hes even more of a diving cheating bastard

Neb-maat Ra

Robben is way overrated - he got skills but is most times ineffectiv
    Look at my nephew, he jumped at the window just to see you (The Sun - Ghostface, Rza, Raekwon and Slick Rick)

http://www.myspace.com/racailla

Swollen Member

Thumbs up Re: European Football thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin
    LOL AT ROBBEN BEING A TOP 5 PLAYER AHAHAHAHA

hes fast and has a decent shot but hes a diving shit whose weak

hes gonna be one of these 'couldve been greats' and injured all the time

pires scored more goals than him and hes even more of a diving cheating bastard
    lmao.

don't hold back son.
    just say what's on your mind, lol.

i support DYNAMO KIEV and CHELSEA

and of course Ukrainian National Team

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl
    What are you talking about? Why are you calling RZA a Zig-Zag-Zig? Stop hating, go to your Nelly board if you don't understand the true form of hiphop. 36 chambers, baby
    S-Corp Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Krimewave
    hahaha, fair play son. I guess you base your opinion on some pretty fucked up evidence, lol.

if it's unlucky to get given a goal head start in a Champions Cup semi final by the ref, amongst other things (flukey double saves, lucky penalty shoot outs etc), then I suppose liverpool are gonna be unstoppable when they have a "lucky" season.

imo, liverpool were very lucky to win the Champions Cup, I know a few liverpool fans who agree too.

I'm not bothered though cause I made quite alot of money betting on the final, lol.
    thanks for your very wise judgement. i was referring to the Premier League and all the injured players they got this year.

Ajax!

Wu Vatican

figo set to join the reds if madrid dont ask for a transfer fee is the word...