Page 511 of 635 FirstFirst ... 11411461501508509510511512513514521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 9515

Thread: The Soccer Thread

  1. #7651
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Still Julio Cesar performed extremly well, a lot of those shots could've been deadly if Toldo was playing. 2:1 is still a great result..
    bring back begongo!!

  2. #7652
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Still Julio Cesar performed extremly well, a lot of those shots could've been deadly if Toldo was playing. 2:1 is still a great result..
    bring back begongo!!

  3. #7653
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    yea he made some nice saves. i wonder if he just saw mikels shot late or something.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  4. #7654

    Default

    Fairly tense game and completely predictable Jose Mourinho game.

    I think Lucio has pretty much confirmed he's the leading CB in world football. He is setting the standard, so far. Although Samuel raped Drogba all night. I love Samuel. He looks like he might make a mistake any minute, but he's such a fucking old school warrior.

    Against most other teams Chelse might be content with 2-1, but against a Jose Mourinho team, it's different because Inter only need to get a draw from Stamford Bridge. Jose will love that scenario.

    BALOTELLI = OMG WHAT A PLAYER.

    I dont think ive seen as much pure talent on a young player since Messi when he was 17.

    Chelsea are very good at scoring goals at home in big Euro games though, Inter defence will have to be so tight. Chelsea may even just go for the 1-0 result if they score first. For me its whoever scores first in 2nd leg, has claimed an 80% chance of going through.


  5. #7655
    Swollen Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    hell on earth
    Posts
    1,427
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    pff yea right. that horse shit goal by paul scholes is shitting on someone?


    u wait son. the return leg. dinho will fire milan to the next round.
    milan's first goal was pretty lucky too.
    Utd had them on the ropes in the second half but failed to deliver the killer blows.

  6. #7656

    Default

    Lucio was a beast in yesterdays game, every tackle he made he won and on top of that he not only wins the ball but carries it forward properly.

    Inter has a slight advantage there, but its gonna be a close game at the bridge.

  7. #7657
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    Cech is out for about a month. A good news for Inter and EPL.
    bring back begongo!!

  8. #7658
    Secret Rival MaskedAvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Rugged Lands of Shaolin
    Posts
    4,829
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Lucio is a machine, people keep underrating the dude. Inter have a great opportunity to progress now and if they do, I cant see too many teams stopping them with the exception of maybe Barca.

    I totally agree with the franchise, whoever scores first is most likely to advance.





  9. #7659
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    Fairly tense game and completely predictable Jose Mourinho game.

    I think Lucio has pretty much confirmed he's the leading CB in world football. He is setting the standard, so far. Although Samuel raped Drogba all night. I love Samuel. He looks like he might make a mistake any minute, but he's such a fucking old school warrior.

    Against most other teams Chelse might be content with 2-1, but against a Jose Mourinho team, it's different because Inter only need to get a draw from Stamford Bridge. Jose will love that scenario.

    BALOTELLI = OMG WHAT A PLAYER.

    I dont think ive seen as much pure talent on a young player since Messi when he was 17.

    Chelsea are very good at scoring goals at home in big Euro games though, Inter defence will have to be so tight. Chelsea may even just go for the 1-0 result if they score first. For me its whoever scores first in 2nd leg, has claimed an 80% chance of going through.

    nesta>lucio

    no bias. replace lucio with any of inters other centerbacks they still perform. take nesta out of milan and they are shaky as shit.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  10. #7660
    Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    yes, I has it
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,723
    Rep Power
    59

    Default

    yeah, but still, Lucio is really good on the tuff matches. that's why Mou bought him
    bring back begongo!!

  11. #7661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitey View Post
    nesta>lucio

    no bias. replace lucio with any of inters other centerbacks they still perform. take nesta out of milan and they are shaky as shit.
    lol, wait a minute, you talkin about the same Nesta who got bullied and dragged all over the place by Rooney the other week?

    That Nesta? I'd have agreed with you a few years ago, he's always been Italy's best, much better than Cannavaro to me. Who had to be the WORST player ever to win the Balon d'or. Especially the season he won it, take away his WC performance, he was terrible at Madrid that year. Terrible.

    ok well, im just gonna lol at that. Lucio fucking BUTTRAPED the ENTIRE Chelsea forward line last week, basically single handedly even though Samuel had a good game.


  12. #7662
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wera View Post
    yeah, but still, Lucio is really good on the tuff matches. that's why Mou bought him

    he got him for free. biggest steal of last summer tho no doubt.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  13. #7663
    Wu Vatican
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    ny
    Age
    32
    Posts
    8,323
    Rep Power
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    lol, wait a minute, you talkin about the same Nesta who got bullied and dragged all over the place by Rooney the other week?

    That Nesta? I'd have agreed with you a few years ago, he's always been Italy's best, much better than Cannavaro to me. Who had to be the WORST player ever to win the Balon d'or. Especially the season he won it, take away his WC performance, he was terrible at Madrid that year. Terrible.

    ok well, im just gonna lol at that. Lucio fucking BUTTRAPED the ENTIRE Chelsea forward line last week, basically single handedly even though Samuel had a good game.
    bullied by rooney? not a chance. he wasn't marking him on either goal. silva first, bonera second.

    and nesta is way better at making decisions and tackling. lucio makes stupid decisions a lot, rash fouls, and has a tendency to carry the ball up the middle and lose it leaving his team exposed.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

    People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

  14. #7664

    Default

    Lucio is incredible impulsive defensively, almost as much as Samuel.

    But his upfield dribbles are one of his best qualities, its amazing. He goes past 2, 3 players with ease, causes havoc. Its a great and effective weapon. Its not a risk as long as one of the DM's pulls back and covers when he does it.

    I take it Seedorf and Gattuso, Boriello may be fit for the 2nd leg?

    Do you know that Anderson has picked up a 10 month ACL injury? We have no CM's for that game v you. We have no Carrick, no Anderson, No Giggs, no Hargreaves. It actually looks like Darron fucking Gibson may play against you. This would of been copletely unthinkable until recently. Hes fucking awful at everything apart from shooting and corners. Awful. He cant defend for shit.

    The only other option would be to put Valencia in CM, and put Nani on the right again. But Valencia has never played CM for us (he does for Ecuador), so its unlikely.

    Or Fergie might go 4-4-2 (for the first time in Europe for a long long time, in a important game), and just put Scholes and Fletcher in the middle, Park and Valencia on the wings.


  15. #7665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    Lucio is a machine, people keep underrating the dude. Inter have a great opportunity to progress now and if they do, I cant see too many teams stopping them with the exception of maybe Barca.

    I totally agree with the franchise, whoever scores first is most likely to advance.
    Cosign

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 04:03 PM
  2. Soulseek Wu-Tang Clan Room
    By jmem7vxs in forum Wu-Tang Chamber
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 12:05 AM
  3. Who here is gonna Order the Tyson fight?
    By Hayabusa in forum The Sports Zone
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
  4. hey Born an Shrap.....check it out!
    By Sicka than aidZ in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:17 AM
  5. Any people willing to help me out....
    By The Last Clansman in forum Graphics Corner
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2005, 03:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •