Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wu-tang Canada

separatin game from truth

Default Re: Wu-tang Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Lesbian Nun
    man i'm canadian and totally not impressed with any of those mc's you just named us...they're all from "toronto" area and basically suck balls...there's way more underground scenes in canada then toronto which isn't no good anyways...i'd rather puke then listen to choclair rap over a rza beat, and it has nothin to do with patriotism...or k-os???? you gotta be kidding...we're on the WUTANG FORUM FOR A REASON...k-os is whack and pussy commercial shit makes me vomit...
    True that there is a lot more out there than the Toronto scene.... I'm from Winnipeg and there are a couple of cats here who can spit decent. I would love to hear more from the rest of Canada - Calgary & Edmonton must have some decent rhymers for instance, but I've never heard anything out of there. Even BC - I've really only heard Swollen Members, Rascalz, Checkmate, Concise.... there has to be more than that! Exposure is the problem.

As for k-os, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but here's mine: k-os became commercially successful only incidentally... he was doing what he does way before the average person knew his name. There's a certain raw emotion and enthusiasm in his music that you can't fake. As far as I'm concerned, he's one of the very few artists that the mainstream got right... Peace.

By the way, if anybody has any Canadian hip hop I wouldn't have heard, post that!!
    Free from the mold, breaking the distance/
    A cause to face fears fraught with aching persistence...

-Arcane

http://arcanum.dmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Raptics
    Face it, americans and canadians are the same. We both have wack artists and good ones. After all Masta killa is canadian, is he wack?
    Please masta killa aint canadian, i think hes got jamaican roots and just cos he was in canada initially does not make him canada, the environment he grew up in made him the man he is, so as for he's lyrical skills and experience, all that was obtained whilst in US. nuff said,
    Forgotten Brotherhood

oh yes, i forgot about k-os, seen him while i was in canada, dope cat
    Forgotten Brotherhood

Yeah k-os is sick, so is choclair, sauk and ro-dolla, rascalz, classified, DL Incognito, Duece-duece, Dj Kam, my boy Dj TerrorWrists, Even here in Ottawa, which is a medium sized city, we got cats that could spit like crazy, there's even a dude that killed Jin and some of the other Ruff-Riders in a battle 2 years ago. Shit I know dudes that write better shit than 99% of what I've ever heard in hip-hop, ever. Some of them would cut off there hands for a chance to rap to RZA.

Peace
    We aint homies, you just know me by affiliation

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by The 7th
    Please masta killa aint canadian, i think hes got jamaican roots and just cos he was in canada initially does not make him canada, the environment he grew up in made him the man he is, so as for he's lyrical skills and experience, all that was obtained whilst in US. nuff said,
    I pretty much ment he was born here like half hour from were i live. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by The 7th
    Yall in canada cant spit much, kardinal offishall seems to be the only cat holding it down along side saukrates,

ya thats jus mainstream TO shit.......its all about the underground scene in montreal dawg. were the closest canadian city to shaolin, duke......mad mc;s and producers influenced by the Wu.......u dont even know..... we d cut up those euro-bitches...............

hahahahah, wu-tang canada. "ayo i swing swords eh, cleavers eh/put you in the dam with the beavers eh"

wu-tang montreal "i speak a fucking english/ ummmm....... i ate a danish/colis de wack mcs/esti tabernac, je mange les tetes des wack mcs"

i'll wear a beaver hat

and say shit like "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah" and "what" on tracks

and i'll be in the background of all the videos

tell rza i'm ready

PEACE
    your mother's dick

Veteran Member

This is wu-tang chamber homeboy.,remember that. U wanna be funny go to the comedy network.ca fuckface. Recognize the culture not the stereotype!!Up North niggaz holdin it down.

Quote Originally Posted by LHX
    i'll wear a beaver hat

and say shit like "yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah" and "what" on tracks

and i'll be in the background of all the videos

tell rza i'm ready

PEACE
    "Wu-Tang Canada eh you hosers? We 'boot it 'boot it!"

"Up from the 36 chambers eh... it's the Black Lumberjack eh! Swing your axe on em eh budday"

iunno wtf is your guys' problem...i like laughing at my own countrys stereotypes as much as the nex' man, but this was a decent topic til we made it look ridiculous...i'm from Winnipeg too...but i'm not so into the hip-hop scene, i'm in the Metal scene...there's a huge difference i realize, but i know mass kids in the hip-hop scene too...but for real i can't feel nothin lately anyone makes...everyone's trying to put a handclap on their snare, you know what i mean? wu-tang is the only rap i get influence from...besides old biggie n' onyx n' shit, pretty soon you're gunna start seeing this crew come around called "Balaclava" that's some good Violent oldschool shit, if you wanna peep this shit lemme know..., check www.mandatorydeath.com in the mean time if you love Thrash metal like SLAYER, this'll hit the nail on the head...peace...

i like metal too, i wanna hear some rap metal that doesnt suck

Deck was supposed to come here, caught caught up at customs.. i think he made his other canadian appearances.. I know Raekwon's done a couple shows and shit.

i fuckin HATE rap metal man...that's the worst shit around...the worst...
    I play nothin but thrash from the mid 80's style...oldschool fast circle pitting and throwing fits style music...and then i listen to wu-tang...can't comebine rap and metal...its the worst...

except rage against the machine, who're almost metal...they were so fuckin good