Thread: The White Stripes

Default The White Stripes

Anyone in here own the White Stripes records? There latest one, Get Behind Me Satan, was a huge success, but to me their earlier albums were incredible. Their self titled debut and De Stilj are insane. Jack White sounds insane with his voice and attacking guitar playing. I think this is the best rock duo in the world at this moment. Great band.

I like a few of there songs but i havent heard a full album yet.

my mate keeps goin on about how good they are.

Damn I was expecting a Matt Damon quote from you, Fraz. If possible, go buy De Stilj. Great music.

the white stripes are wonderful, i own every album theyve done, went to see them live in november, much better live than on disc aswell.

jack white is in a new band (side project if you like) called The Raconteurs.

and have released a limited edition single from the up coming album, which i read sumwhere is selling for 40 on line.... much be special.

p.e.a.c.e

ohh and if ur interested... jack white is a fan of the wutang clan, saying he used to enjoy hiphop like WTC and Outcast before it all became about jewlery etc.

p.e.a.c.e

And in the end..? Kriszy Substance's Avatar

Yeah, I like em for sure. I love seeing Meg beating those drums. I didnt know that about Jacks side project and shit or that he was a WTC fan. Thanks for info eelrehsu. I would love to see them play live.

ya WHITE STRIPES are dope...."GET BEHIND ME SATAN" was probably the best album to come out last year in my opinion
    "Rap has gradually degenerated from an art form into a ring tone"

"We got the tape Nigga"- Raekwon live in Toronto

iv only heard a few of their songs but i like em all so far

Good looks. They are, in my opinion, the best rock group in the world. Also cool that Jack is a Wu Tang fan, gives us some commonalities. Rock on Jack.

Well since all I listen to now is HipHop I dont listen to much other shit, but I heard them along time ago when they first came out and they were ehh, not really my type of music, but good for what they do.