Page 16 of 135 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718192666116 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 2012

Thread: Major League Baseball

  1. #226

    Default

    Dirty Knowledge is a great name for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  2. #227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Dude, Lou Piniella is a cupcake in real life. The only people he yells at are umpires, (mostly for show)his players love him, especially Alex Rodriguez. And Randolph should have been fired, I won't defend him. I hated every move he made down the stretch.
    he probably should have been fired but not all fingers should be pointed at him. IDK exactly what it was but jose reyes batted around 200. somewhere around the streach and of coarse, Tom Glavine couldnt get through one inning when his team really needed him


  3. #228

    Default

    Willie comes from the Joe Torre school of managing, he overused his bullpen and screwed with the line up down the stretch. You guys can have him. Say all you want about this player or that, but at the end of the day its the managers job to motivate and make the right decisions that lead to a win. Willie didn't do that. He was an empty uniform down the stretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  4. #229
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    What happened when Steve Phillips tried to buy a World Series?

    Joe Torre.

  5. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
    What happened when Steve Phillips tried to buy a World Series?

    Joe Torre.
    are you crazy or just fucking stupid? Steve Phillips gathered bargain basement players for that world series. God you are so stupid. Why do i even bother? Every successive thing you say is more retarded than the last....
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  6. #231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    You didn't say anything last week when it happened. Bringing it up now is just a waste of air. Like I said before, I think you are really talented, (just a little ignorant with your baseball knowledge) but attacking me for liking the Mets isn't gonna get you any points with anyone, so why bother?
    I didnt because I didnt think you would bash the Yankees so much. I didnt think that comment I was gonna say to you was attacking you for liking the Mets, I was just having a little fun, nothing personal. I dont bash or attack ppl for liking a certain team or sport, my cousin is a mets/red sox fan, we get along just fine, we have never had heated debates about our team or held grudges because we like two teams that are rivals.


  7. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet Storm View Post
    I didnt because I didnt think you would bash the Yankees so much. I didnt think that comment I was gonna say to you was attacking you for liking the Mets, I was just having a little fun, nothing personal. I dont bash or attack ppl for liking a certain team or sport, my cousin is a mets/red sox fan, we get along just fine, we have never had heated debates about our team or held grudges because we like two teams that are rivals.
    I predicted they would lose and dedicated a song to Joe Torre, and there wasn't anything I said that wasn't straight up fact. But it's all good, I still think you're cool, I can't wait to fight about the same shit next year. Go Rockies
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  8. #233
    ISRAELITE THE W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Christ
    Posts
    15,482
    Rep Power
    49

    Default

    im not a yankee fan but with them out and detroit not being in it i no longer have an interest in this years post season.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

  9. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    I predicted they would lose and dedicated a song to Joe Torre, and there wasn't anything I said that wasn't straight up fact. But it's all good, I still think you're cool, I can't wait to fight about the same shit next year. Go Rockies
    lol true. But you have to admit it, ever since that Mets thread was posted, the sports section has been more alive.

    Quote Originally Posted by PLUTONIUM View Post
    im not a yankee fan but with them out and detroit not being in it i no longer have an interest in this years post season.
    Same here. The NLCS doesnt look so good to me but the ALCS, I'll watch some games. My team is out so now its time to turn my focus to football. GO BIG D!


  10. #235

    Default

    If you no longer have an interest in the postseason than you aren't a true fan of baseball, both series should be epic, as will the world series, I personally find the Diamondbacks-Rockies series incredibly intriguing. Hell, any series in that beautiful ballpark in Denver would be incredible to watch, humidor or not.

    Prediction, because of the location of the parks, I say the National League games will be rather high scoring while the ALCS will be low scoring battles. Expect one or two extra inning games in that series. Something tells me the Sox will be playing from behind most of the series and the Indians will pull it out in 6, The Rockies are on such a roll, they've lost 1 game in the last 3 weeks, expect much of the same against the D'backs with the Rock's celibrating in front of their home fans en route to the World Series.
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

  11. #236
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,351
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Like has been said... Jeter is known for being cluth, but he didn't step up to the plate this past series against the Indians. What was his batting average in that series? Like .160? And how many hits into double plays? The better team won. Just like last season, when the Tigers beat the Yankees.

    I'd like to see the Indians defeat the Red Sox. The obession of some of those Boston people scares me.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.





  12. #237
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Yeah, Jeter was the biggest surprise of this postseason. Major letdown. I halfway expected those other guys to not get in to it.. but that goes to show that this team has no heart. Jeter probably felt like the only guy out there who wanted to really win for Joe Torre. Posada wasn't no good spot either. The entire lineup's at fault. Changes will be made, I hope for the better. But yeah, Jeter batting .016 or whatever was really shameful, worst part of losing to me because now not only do the Yankee haters get to run shit, but the Jeter haters get to come out in full effect.

  13. #238

    Default

    Jeter was hurt somepoint during the end of season, thats partly why he did so bad, I believe it was his ankle or wrist, not to sure


  14. #239
    I Already Won Dirty Knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Shaolin South
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7,208
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    It was his right-left knee, I believe. But it was one of the legs. And yeah you're right, he was hurt but it's no excuse to be making and Jeter will never make it. It was obvious he was still lingering. Same with Matsui, definitly. But yeah.. when Jeter bats in to 4 double plays... you just wonder.

  15. #240

    Default

    yea of coarse, it shouldnt be used as an excuse but his injury did contribute to his performance, thats all im saying. The real question to wonder is wtf happend to chien-ming wang..


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •