once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: the 90's artist

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Default the 90's artist

Wu-tang Clan, Nas, Jay-Z, Onyx, Redman, Cypress Hill, Mobb Deep, DMX and all of them (its many yall know). Think if all them was hungry again like they was in the 90's. Do you think all these shit like gunit, nelly, chingy, lil john and all that shit will be popular like its right now? Or whant people club music to shake asses to?
    "BECOUSE IT DOESENT MATTER WHERE YOU COME FROM. NO MATTER WHAT COLOR YOUR MOTHERFUCKIN SKIN IS. HIPHOP IS A UNIVERSAL LANGUAGE, WE COME TOGETHER! ONE MOTHERFUCKIN BLOOD! ONE BLOOD.." - MASTA KILLAH

Veteran Member

yes, regardless if they were hungry like they used to be , this garbage would still have come out and wed have this crap that is out today no question

Do you think all these shit like gunit, nelly, chingy, lil john and all that shit will be popular like its right now?
    Hell no!
    People will then realise that nowadays hiphop is wack. Or at least most of them.

i think i'm high

well the chance of them being hungry still is non-existent, dudes are all in their 30s now a lot of people just don't give a fuck anymore

Realness

That shit we're witnessin nowadays is inevitably, it's just that most of the artists are too greedy and they creating their albums with the idea to get more money instead to get more respect from the true headz. That's why we the fans gotta pay respect and appreciate all the rappers that stayed true to hip hop and never sold themselves!

Foxxx @ MySpace
    Knowledge wisdom understanding like King Solomon's wealth
    You're a player but only because you be playin yourself

too bad i wasnt a rap fan/i was too young to really experience that period

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxx-Mulder
    That shit we're witnessin nowadays is inevitably, it's just that most of the artists are too greedy and they creating their albums with the idea to get more money instead to get more respect from the true headz. That's why we the fans gotta pay respect and appreciate all the rappers that stayed true to hip hop and never sold themselves!
    I totally agree with you man, couldnt re say it better. People love all that bubblegum shit now days

Munching eyes since 1989 Edgar Erebus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foxxx-Mulder
    I don't think it's so bad... At least, I doubt people would suck that crunk shit, if they wanna hear a rapper that just hollers they'd listen to M.O.P.
    "The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."