once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Got Legal Issues?

  1. #46

    Default

    I would offer my accounting services....but I don't know how many people have accounting issues. Any big time drug king pins on here? LMAO

    Tax Law? lol...

  2. #47
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies
    I would offer my accounting services....but I don't know how many people have accounting issues. Any big time drug king pins on here? LMAO

    Tax Law? lol...
    we could def work this out.

    what other aspects are you familair with?

  3. #48
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse
    My Question Is When Can I Legally Kill A Man?
    this sounds vague, but in legitimate warfare, hint at word legitimate, it is "legal" on the grounds of the reasoning behind war.

  4. #49
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    WHEN CAN YOU LEGALLY KILL A MAN:

    Actually, you can legally kill a man in self-defence, but only in a circumstance where killing him would be the only reasonable thing to do. So if a dude trespasses on your lawn, you can't kill him. If he's choking you, you can't kill him cause you should have really kicked him in the balls. Although this is complicated, for the most part, you can't even kill a bastard who is in the process of killing your mom.

    But if wake up in the middle of the night all alone in your house and some dude with a black ski mask is trying to tax your wu-cd collection, you can cap his ass with impunity.

    POLICE SEARCHES

    police can search you when they have reasonable probably grounds to believe you committed a crime. that is, they can seach you if they are going to arrest you. if they are not going to arrest you, they cannot search you, adn cannot even ask you for your ID. so for example, a random shakedown on the street is illegal, just becasue the cop thinks you may have drugs on you, cause your cap is backwards. again, this depends on specific laws, but these tend to be general principles in common law countries, ie US, UK, Canada.

    if you are searched illegally, you can claim your rights against unreasonable search and seizure were violated. in US I believe there is a "fruit of a poisned tree" theory. any evidence obtained pursuant to illegal search and seizure cannot be admitted. so if cops searched you on the street for no good reason, and found weed or a weapon, that evidence may be excluded.

    again, this is a general principle. other than exclusion of evdence, courts may grant other remedies. however, it is not likley that they will punish the cops in any way

    - nah I ain't passed da bar, but I know a little bit...but seriously, ain't passed it yet, so don't rely on anything I say lest I get slammed with "practicing without a license." peace.

    Last edited by denaturat; 05-05-2006 at 02:49 AM.

    the obstacle is the path

  5. #50
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    WHEN CAN YOU LEGALLY KILL A MAN:

    Actually, you can legally kill a man in self-defence, but only in a circumstance where killing him would be the only reasonable thing to do. So if a dude trespasses on your lawn, you can't kill him. If he's choking you, you can't kill him cause you should have really kicked him in the balls. Although this is complicated, for the most part, you can't even kill a bastard who is in the process of killing your mom.

    But if wake up in the middle of the night all alone in your house and some dude with a black ski mask is trying to tax your wu-cd collection, you can cap his ass with impunity.

    POLICE SEARCHES

    police can search you when they have reasonable probably grounds to believe you committed a crime. that is, they can seach you if they are going to arrest you. if they are not going to arrest you, they cannot search you, adn cannot even ask you for your ID. so for example, a random shakedown on the street is illegal, just becasue the cop thinks you may have drugs on you, cause your cap is backwards. again, this depends on specific laws, but these tend to be general principles in common law countries, ie US, UK, Canada.

    if you are searched illegally, you can claim your rights against unreasonable search and seizure were violated. in US I believe there is a "fruit of a poisned tree" theory. any evidence obtained pursuant to illegal search and seizure cannot be admitted. so if cops searched you on the street for no good reason, and found weed or a weapon, that evidence may be excluded.

    again, this is a general principle. other than exclusion of evdence, courts may grant other remedies. however, it is not likley that they will punish the cops in any way

    - nah I ain't passed da bar, but I know a little bit...but seriously, ain't passed it yet, so don't rely on anything I say lest I get slammed with "practicing without a license." peace.

    i agree with the search part of your answer.

    the answer to your "murder" part is also good, just, self defence is a very difficult topic and usually the courts are very conservative over it.

    with most killings, other defnces are used as opposed to self defence which is usually not believed or is held not to be sufficient enough to explain the killing.

  6. #51
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denaturat

    - nah I ain't passed da bar, but I know a little bit...but seriously, ain't passed it yet, so don't rely on anything I say lest I get slammed with "practicing without a license." peace.

    peace btw!

    where are you doing the bar?

    can u help me out here ?:P

  7. #52
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Princerai
    peace btw!

    where are you doing the bar?

    can u help me out here ?:P
    Writing in Toronto, Canada (shit, just finished law school and back to class) If you got some C/L questions I can help you with let me know, though keep in mind my spcialization is in business, securities, and real estate law. But I also know a bit about criminal law (got also a criminology degree) and immigration. Let me know. All the best in law school.

    the obstacle is the path

  8. #53
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    Writing in Toronto, Canada (shit, just finished law school and back to class) If you got some C/L questions I can help you with let me know, though keep in mind my spcialization is in business, securities, and real estate law. But I also know a bit about criminal law (got also a criminology degree) and immigration. Let me know. All the best in law school.
    thnaks bro,

    im doin crim, public contracyt and "english" law (mandatory),

    well i hope u can come here at times and shed some light on things definitely like u did with murder etc.

    peace and blessings all the best for u 2

  9. #54
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    I'll keep checking back - though I will be busy - starting the bar tommorrow - peace
    Last edited by denaturat; 05-08-2006 at 12:20 AM.

    the obstacle is the path

  10. #55

    Default

    Here you can get off on manslaughter if you kill a guy you catch with your wife on the spot also if a homosexual tries to hit on you.

    As for my accounting. I am half way through a degree majoring in Finance and Accounting. So pretty much most basic accounting stuff I am familiar with. It's not as helpful to the average person as law. I only take a couple of business relevant law subjects.

  11. #56
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    It possible, although highly unlikely. This all depends on the facts in a particular case. A few seemingly minor facts can result in completely different decision. The rule in Canada (maybe US too, law in N. America is similar in many respects) is that if you can prove that you acted in the heat of passion upon sudden provocation, murder is reduced to manslaughter. But a lot has to be proven, so in cases of husbands finding their wives in bed with someone else, successful reduction to homicide, would be an exception rather than the rule. As I said, however, I only studied criminal law in law school but never practiced it.

    the obstacle is the path

  12. #57
    Prince Rai
    Guest

    Default

    yep, the only influential or most likely defence for the scenarios given, is the defence of provocation.
    In the UK, this defence is often used cheaply and believed very cheaply.
    That is why the Law Commission over here are trying to reform the laws on homicide over here, to resemble systems such as the one in the US in regards to the grading of murder etc.

  13. #58
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    well, manslaughter is still a serious charge and you can get life, or minimum 4 years, in the joint

    the obstacle is the path

  14. #59
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    yes you would. you are only justified to use reasonable force in defending yourself. you are not alowed to chase anyone after your property and cause them any physical harm if they are fleeing. this is not a case of self defence, so no, you would not be able to fire a shot at him. If you actually shot him and killed then you would be charged with murder. If you don't kill him you would be charged with assault using a weapon.

    If you did not intend to shoot him, as you said, but intended to fire in the into the air, but the bullet injured or killed the thief, you would be held criminally negligent and could get (in Canada) up to life in the joint or minimum 4 years.

    Furthermore, even if you did not shoot the person, but shot in the air, depending on the gun laws in your state, you will at least be charged with discharging a firearm in a public place (could be a very serious charge), and illegal possession of a firearm (all depends on local laws). Of course if you shot a dude those charges would also be tacked on and probably dropped during pre-trail negotiations, aka plea bargaining.


    this is an oversimplified answer to a very complex (and interesing) question. anything more detailed from an expert in criminal law will cost you a couple of hundred $/hour.

    Princerai? you may have something to add since crim is probably more fresh in your mind - I'm more of a business law type.
    Last edited by denaturat; 05-16-2006 at 12:00 PM.

    the obstacle is the path

  15. #60
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse
    i live in pennsylvania usa
    criminal law differs in terms of particulars, but in north america they very similar in principle

    the obstacle is the path

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •