once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: andre 3000 = one of the best to ever do it

Default andre 3000 = one of the best to ever do it

fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas

Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.

Check my Favourite MC's thread, I love Andre. I think he's #22 on my all-time list, which is pretty damn high if you considering how many great MC's exist. Aquemini, ATLiens and Southernplayacadillamusik, the albums which I presume you are referring to, are fantastic, I agree.

My favourite Outkast track is Git Up, Get Out by the way.

i think i'm high

^^ nah man fuck that falling off is different, just cause his last work sucked it doesn't damage the dopeness of the 3 classics outkast dropped, nothing can touch that, strictly music. and yea andre3000 and luda are dope

Realness

if u think about it ...kast never fell of

point blank period....stankonia was a sick ass album..it wasnt as good as their first 3 but it was good...falling off means that u drop wack shit

and their last album was not hip hop..thats all...so dont even compare

best outkast track..i dont know but in due time, return of the g, chockyfire and playas are hot ass classic...

Quote Originally Posted by B-Hop
    I like Andre, I only got Atliens and Stankonia by Outkast ( I had Aquemeni on casette tape but lost it) and I think he's dope, but personally I like Big Boi just a lil better, but yeh Andre iz dope 4sho!
    you gotta get Aquemini! Classic!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
    fuck is wrong with ya cats sayin he one of the wackest along with luda ?? yall smokin crack

tha man probably throwed out 3 classics in a row...yall bitchez listen to him spittin on return of the g...that nigga smokes alot of mcs...he in my top 5 fo sure...stop postin bullshit just cause yall saw the hey ya video on mtv...listen to him rapping back then...fuckas
    word.
    im sayin tho, i liked all his shit and eccenntricities, but he went too far, he should stop singing so much, maybe keep it at a stankonia level, cos hip hop fans wanna hear him spit
    he drops a lotta knowledge
    both those dudes
    outkast got soul
    thats sumthin that you aint got, thats why your style is rotten

I SAY ANDRE 3000 AS 1 OF THE BEST TO DO IT= NO

yeah he's original but he aint 1 of the best even if he was ill and is a platinum artist

Aquemeni=CLASSIC

but andre is not 1 of the best if u mean top 10

but yeah he's in my top 50 of all time which aint bad
    I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia, slaughter your circulatory like lukemia

- AZ

Pretty sure Marshall Mathers LP and Get Rich or Die Trying went Diamond. So did Vanilla Ice's shit. and Life After Death is a double cd, so the sales # doubles. So it didn't really sell 10 million. Same with Speakerboxx/Love Below.

but on the thread topic, yeah i love andre 3000

so how much is diamond
    "i got drug spots from NY to Canada/
    cuz Big L b fuckin wit more keys then a janita/"
    Follow me @SkiLLs456

alright, I wasn't aware that those #'s were international, I just heard 50 sayin tons of shit about sellin 11 million

emceeeees kick tha bucket

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blast
    Well, surely you can understand people's point of view that 'You're only as good as your last work' no? Outkast's last work wasn't all that in case you didn't notice.
    People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.
    Boston - NYC

I Totaly agree, and to add to everything I think he is a musical mastermind. His style is so original, and his lyrics are so colorful; he sored of paints pictures when he rhymes. Def on my top 30 Mc's of all time. By the way always PLATINUM OR MULTI...

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth

I agree with pussy ..Ya'll fell off the dumbtruck

Quote Originally Posted by KBOS
    People need to shut the fuck up about outkast falling off because of their last album. Just because they tried something creative and different doesn't mean they feel off.
    yeah - they're just thinking long range, brothers is getting older

i'd much rather some nice rappers getting soulful rather than some buster r&b cats - i like the love below personally

"...when i was 12, i went to hell for snuffin Jesus" -GOD's SON