Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How are 50 Cents lyrics bad , and how has he got no skills?

The Poet You Never Were 9th Warrior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk_Dock
    ever heard of naughty by nature?
    fuckin yeah...naughty by nature is the OG lyrical party crew
    but id have to say 50 started out hungry on the mixtapes and was earning mad respect, then people started hating on him for his party shit (including me) and now hating on 50 has become a fad like u have to hate 50 cent.

I dont think its cuz he dissed wu, but just cause he "fell off" and every1 seems to hate artists who have "fallen off" because its wasted talent

still standin tall

i cant believe duke said 50 is a better lyricist than the W

what happened to the world

IP RELAY OPERATOR R3beLuTionAry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown
    how the fuk can u prove that. read 50 cents lyrics
    magic stick?

the question isnt if 50 is a decent lyricist. the question is if he is better then any of the members of wu-tang clan.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    the question isnt if 50 is a decent lyricist. the question is if he is better then any of the members of wu-tang clan.
    thats a negative except for odb but he was more of an energy dude than a mc. and when 50 was on top of his game he was like a 7/10 but now he's like a 5 or 4 out of ten. dude is the apitamy (spelt it wrong) of being decent and thats not a complement
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=70510498

"I dont battle anymore! I uplift mothafuckers!-gza

Quote Originally Posted by WotsGoinDown
    inspecktah decks verse dusnt rly make sense , 50's dus
    usually the harder something is to understand the more intelligent it is. that's why people say a lot of mainstream artists have to "dumb down" their lyrics, even Jay-Z admitted to it.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Large
    arite stupid i cant remember the last time i heard a party song and i considered it to be lyrical

prove me wrong becuz i would like to hear this really
    so Rakim, Big Daddy Kane and all them old school rappers are allowed to rap about about jewels and shit and its considered lyrical but if 50 does it then it sucks.

last time i checked Ice Cream was for the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blast
    Alright, most the posts I've had the displeasure of reading so far have either been so, so bias towards the Wu-Tang that it's untrue, or so bias towards 50 that it's untrue, neither the Wu or G-Unit are gods, they have all made wack songs at some point or another, and all have had career highlights which some of us can only dream of, so get off all of their dicks. You can't pick out Candy Shop or In Da Club and automatically say 50 sucks, because it doesn't work like that. Pick out What's Your Phone number, so Pac sucks? Pick out You Owe Me, so Nas sucks? Pick out Sunshine, so now Jay-Z sucks? And so on.

First of all, I don't like 50 Cent, I've never been particularly impressed by his attitude, he's extremely arrogant about his riches every time I either see a new video, or see him in an interview. The way he treats other rappers out of New York too, he loses a lot of my respect for that. He also catches a lot of hate because of how he built his career and found fame, see How To Rob or his endless disses to Ja Rule, careers built on beef are not very cool in my opinion. While I, like most of you it seems, love music with a message, not all music needs to be thought provoking or with an aim of changing the world. We need an artist who can make us dance, or sing along to their stuff equally as much as we need a GZA. 50 generally makes us dance. GZA usually makes us think. That balance is good for hip hop, and music in general.

But on the other side of things, it's unfair to say 50 is a an idiot and isn't a good lyricist, he's not considered by me or anyone else I doubt a fantastic lyricist, but he is a good lyricist, just not in the way a Wu-Tang fan, or a fan of underground music would think. 50 has written some good songs. They are few and far between, but just because he doesn't write "good" songs doesn't mean he can't. He sprinkles his music, here and there with some good shit. For example, on "Many Men", when he says "Sunny days wouldn't be special if it wasn't for rain/Joy wouldn't feel so good if it wasn't for pain/Death gotta be easy cause life is hard/It'll leave you physically, mentally and emotionally scarred". That's good lyricism.

I've went on for longer than I had planned here, but you get the point.

bravo for the post. very well said.

i don't think that "many men" lyric is that great. he pretty much lifted an old soul song (which is sampled in many songs, including INS "nightshift," la the darkman "springwater" and recently some mainstream singer) which goes "it seems joy and pain are like sunshine and rain"