once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do emcees remeber ALL of their lyrics for live shows

It's not difficult..If u are crazy with ur tracks u remember them by heart..

Quote Originally Posted by iove
    ^^ lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Technician
    It's not difficult..If u are crazy with ur tracks u remember them by heart..
    yeah but theres a differance from reciting all your favorite emcees lines when the song is on - i can do that all the way through Illmatic or whatever. But if you put on the instumental of any song it becomes harder to start.

Quote Originally Posted by R3beLuTionAry
    sound dependent memory. as soon as the beat comes in, everything comes back. common sense if if you took psychology
    hahaha smart ass..
    ]browndogg*]

Quote Originally Posted by Bedlam
    I think it would be alot easier to memorize it when you actually write it
    kabam, that's exactly it. when you write something down AND recite it you're going to remember it much more better than just from hearing it.

some advice given is that its good to write things down because you remember them better that way, i heard this from some random person kind of so don't quote me on it.

in the same way fans can remember the verses from 36 chambers and recite them word for word, so do the artists.

and as its been mentioned numerous times here already, artists are on tour doing these songs all the time so it stays fresh in their memory.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

i listen to too much music
    i know almost every rap song but theres only a few i know the lyrics to:
    Criminolgy(ive been on a quest the last few months to learn all the lyrics to Cuban Linx)
    Missy Elliott - Get UR Freak On
    Em - My Name Is
    A lot of wu tang
    beatnuts
    camp lo

good thread,was wondering about this myself.