once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guru From Gangstarr

^^^no you're right on. that's it. i guess Guru's a love/hate thing...

Quote Originally Posted by pussy-with-teeth
    to me its not his lyrics that are the problem..its just his flow and his delivery..and his voice...that dude is wack imo
    3 words: mostly tha voice

how could you say his voice is wack, you must live in a paralel universe

Quote Originally Posted by Luther Large
    then you mean fecal...not.......finkle

i dont think it was it wasnt a great album but it was a pretty solid release from Guru
    whatever,

guru needs premo like cereal needs milk.
    The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness, since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. (Romans 1:18-20)

Quote Originally Posted by wadeDyNaMiTe
    whatever,

guru needs premo like cereal needs milk.
    nah premo def helps but he is a well accomplished lyricist and he can do good on his own and he has he just hasnt done anything as good as his gangstarr albums which is still saying alot cuz not many things really touch gangstarr
    I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia, slaughter your circulatory like lukemia

- AZ

Guru with Premier=Fine
    Guru without Premier= Ehhh

This is why Gangstarr's albums just cannot be considered among the all time greats (even though I think Daily Operation is a classic). Moment of Truth, Hard to Earn, Step In The Areana I like all of them, but not spectacular.

guru is an asshole

Quote Originally Posted by deadlymelody
    Guru with Premier=Fine
    Guru without Premier= Ehhh

This is why Gangstarr's albums just cannot be considered among the all time greats (even though I think Daily Operation is a classic). Moment of Truth, Hard to Earn, Step In The Areana I like all of them, but not spectacular.
    moment of truth is a classic and so is hard to earn there's no reason why they cant be listed with the all-time greats GANGSTARR is sum of the all-time greats
    I got styles sick as hell, sicker than sickle cell anemia, slaughter your circulatory like lukemia

- AZ

Quote Originally Posted by iove
    guru is an asshole
    guru is a dope rapper. no doubt.

i don´t like the production of his album at all. too many high-pitched voices. but gang starr is classic shit.

saw him live 2 months ago. a friend of my girlfriend was supposed to interview him for the radio but he & his "supaproduca" solar totally lost it when she started with a gang starr question. he must be totally mad at premo. then after the concert ppl where partying, then all of a sudden guru came and tried to dance with her and my girlfriend.....and get their numbers......eh.....ok, that´s when i saw one of my idols in a different light.

again, excuse the prior inappropriate expression, please.

guru is a hiphoplegend. credit where credit is due.