once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 130 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3080120127128129130131132133140180 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 3122

Thread: The Official Boxing Thread

  1. #1936
    Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    42,453
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Tye Fields is one of the most explosive boxers in the new millenium.



  2. #1937
    LVsMostBlunted RynMur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vegas 702
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    bullshit. X used to be one of my favorite fighters but he's full of shit now, too. he said he'd fight Dawson more than once but he refuses to fight him and Dawson is the champ! he'd rather take a SUPER easy fight with RJJ, who poses absolutely no risk.

    BTW - are people forgetting that Manny threw over 1200 fuckin punches???
    i heard it the other way around. dawson needs some more fights before he steps in the ring w/ hopkins. and who cares if bhop is fighting rjj, he's been wanting that fight for the past 10+ years.

  3. #1938

    Default

    ^^well yeah, that's what B-hop says. i remember him saying a few times though that he'd fight the winner of Dawson/Johnson to prove that he is, in fact, the best light heavy out there. i know he's been wanting the rjj fight but why the hell did he fight that unknown dude Orneleas or w/e his name was at this point in his career? B-hop ain't been the same since the DLH fight.

  4. #1939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    ^^well yeah, that's what B-hop says. i remember him saying a few times though that he'd fight the winner of Dawson/Johnson to prove that he is, in fact, the best light heavy out there. i know he's been wanting the rjj fight but why the hell did he fight that unknown dude Orneleas or w/e his name was at this point in his career? B-hop ain't been the same since the DLH fight.
    well yeah since he was reaching the end of his physical 160 lb peak.
    so ok he lost to jermain taylor, both were controversial but B-hop still had juice left in him.Destroyed Tarver. He beat winky wright ( taylor managed a draw). Beat calzaghe (its an illusion to think that calzaghe won, if JC won then boxing needs to die and everybody should watch MMA. HE MADE LOVE TO PAVLIK while pavlik was at his prime, nobody thought B-hop could win that fight but he wu-massacred kelly.
    So by now bhop can happily retire rich and a ATG HOF, but decides to stick around just to fight some more ( YOU SHOULD APPRECIATE THAT). Ok ornelas isnt a big opponent but he was a warm up fight, and the match was interesting. Sets up a roy jones grudge match, and B-hop deserves this fight, look at bernards resume and age, in years time people will remember bernard as the longest reigning MW title holder with wins against trinidad, johnson, joppy, tarver, DLH, wright, pavlik, and rjj in the future

    where does CHAD DAWSON fit in? bernard doesnt need dawson, how much money will that fight make? I already know what will happen anyway (dawson wins SD by being more active) if i was bernard il fuck that. il fight RJJ and do my best to set up a HW fight against adamek or haye. Yes bernard did run his mouth about wanting to fight chad but bernard hopkins is black and from the hood so it fits

  5. #1940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Tye Fields is one of the most explosive boxers in the new millenium.
    But hes terrible.
    Id say DAVID TUA is 1000 times more explosive and succesful. And Tua hasnt faught bums his entire career

  6. #1941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I can see Kell Brook being a major contender in the Welterweight division in a couple of years.
    YES
    alot of skill, and i like his confidence. Hopefully he remains consistent
    the best british boxer at the moment is Kevin Mitchell IMO, he reminds me of how legends became legends, by fighting everybody and winning

  7. #1942
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,689
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    LOL @ niggas criticizing hopkins.. that nigga busted pavlik the fuck up as an old man!!!! he has the right to pick and choose fights at this stage in his career... b-hop fought the best and his career exceeded just about everyones expectations!!!!!!!!!!! if he wants to pick rjj apart for a decent pay day and exact some revenge at the end of the road, im all for it!!!!!!!!!!

    boxing is rigged on some wwf shit.. damn near every big fight these days seems tampered with!!!!!

    clottery was hurting manny, but the nigga wasnt following up!!!!!! its like the nigga was gonna get paid more for LOSING!!!!!!!!!! that fight was wack!!!!! he didnt open up, even though he was connecting... PUZZLING!!!!!!!!

    manny is championed as an all time great when hes potentially using PED's, bob arum dictates what does and doesnt happen, we got niggas saying floyd is the greatest of all time when he hasnt been challenged in damn near 10 years... this kinda bull sucks the air outta the sport for me!!!!!!! "hes undefeated"... yeah.. he hasnt been in a fight niggas thought he could lose in 10 years!!!!!!!!!! i wanna see floyd in a war, hopefully shane can make it happen!!!!!!!!!

    i think de la hoya dropped some fights intentionally to get where he is now... i wouldnt rule it out.. these cats are diabolical money grubbers!!!!!!! wouldnt suprise me!!!!!!!!!

    just like it wouldnt suprise me if it comes out manny is doping... him and floyd are both scared of eachother, and its fuckin pathetic!!!!!!!!!!! niggas that pick sides on this have vested interest, they both pussy!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #1943
    sleepless in basedworld ALCATRAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9,816
    Rep Power
    47

    Default

    as soon as manny agrees to random blood tests, the fight will happen... floyd aint duckin pacquiao

  9. #1944
    Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
    YES
    alot of skill, and i like his confidence. Hopefully he remains consistent
    the best british boxer at the moment is Kevin Mitchell IMO, he reminds me of how legends became legends, by fighting everybody and winning
    Personally, I can see Mitchell coming unstuck against better fighters. Granted, he's improved a lot since these last couple of years (he was lucky not to get knocked out in a few of his other fights because his defence fucking sucked), but when he starts stepping up against the likes of Guerro, Martinez, Valero, Marquez, and possibly even Katsidis, I can see him getting exposed. The two British fighters I'm most impressed with, who aren't currently world champions, are Kell Brook and Martin Lindsay.

    Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    LOL @ niggas criticizing hopkins.. that nigga busted pavlik the fuck up as an old man!!!! he has the right to pick and choose fights at this stage in his career... b-hop fought the best and his career exceeded just about everyones expectations!!!!!!!!!!! if he wants to pick rjj apart for a decent pay day and exact some revenge at the end of the road, im all for it!!!!!!!!!!
    Cosign. Nobody has any right to criticse Hopkins whatsoever. I don't even need to sit here and defend his legacy because motherfuckers should already know, plus he's 45 and he's still taking people apart, such as Pavlik and Calzaghe (fucking fraud). At the end of the day, B-Hop has a lot of pride and he can't properly rest until he's taken care of business which is, of course, paying Roy Jones back for beating him in '93.

    Anybody watching the Chambers-Klitschko fight tonight? I'm rooting for Chambers as he's one of my favourite fighters but it's gonna be a mammoth task for him.

  10. #1945
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,689
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Personally, I can see Mitchell coming unstuck against better fighters. Granted, he's improved a lot since these last couple of years (he was lucky not to get knocked out in a few of his other fights because his defence fucking sucked), but when he starts stepping up against the likes of Guerro, Martinez, Valero, Marquez, and possibly even Katsidis, I can see him getting exposed. The two British fighters I'm most impressed with, who aren't currently world champions, are Kell Brook and Martin Lindsay.



    Cosign. Nobody has any right to criticse Hopkins whatsoever. I don't even need to sit here and defend his legacy because motherfuckers should already know, plus he's 45 and he's still taking people apart, such as Pavlik and Calzaghe (fucking fraud). At the end of the day, B-Hop has a lot of pride and he can't properly rest until he's taken care of business which is, of course, paying Roy Jones back for beating him in '93.

    Anybody watching the Chambers-Klitschko fight tonight? I'm rooting for Chambers as he's one of my favourite fighters but it's gonna be a mammoth task for him.
    tommy your sig is fuckin gangsta homie!!!!!!!

    that was one of the most satisfying fights ever.. watching shane bludgeon that mexican cheat with loaded hands!!!!!!!! sweet justice!!!!!!!

    klitschko vs chambers... im with you, i hope chambers can steal it!!! klitschko bros. more entertaining outside of the ring!!!!!!!! big ups to klitschko for bangin that lil honey from heroes, thats grade A white meat!!!!!!!!!!!

    tommy, whats your take on mosley vs floyd? you think my nigga shane got a shot?!?!!?!
    Last edited by angry!; 03-20-2010 at 02:00 PM.

  11. #1946
    Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    tommy your sig is fuckin gangsta homie!!!!!!!

    that was one of the most satisfying fights ever.. watching shane bludgeon that mexican cheat with loaded hands!!!!!!!! sweet justice!!!!!!!

    klitschko vs chambers... im with you, i hope chambers can steal it!!! klitschko bros. more entertaining outside of the ring!!!!!!!! big ups to klitschko for bangin that lil honey from heroes, thats grade A white meat!!!!!!!!!!!

    tommy, whats your take on mosley vs floyd? you think my nigga shane got a shot?!?!!?!
    Thanks, my man.

    Yeah, I know what you mean, angry. Thing is though, at the time I actually really liked Margarito as a fighter because it was obvious he had worked hard to get where he was, especially with everyone around his weight class avoiding him. To me, he was one of those rugged, hungry Mexican warriors that was great for the sport of boxing, and although he destroyed one of my favourite ever fighters right in front of me whilst I was nearly crying (sounds gay I know) with thousands of crazy Mexicans around me going wild, I still liked and respected him.

    However, after I found out he'd been loading his gloves (post-Mosley fight), all my respect for him just depleted to the point where I fucking hated his sorry ass. I must've watched the Mosley-Margarito fight like five times since then, awesome stuff.

    Yeah, the Klitschko's have been in some dull as hell fights, but I have to respect them for fighting and beating the best and conducting themselves in a really professional way whilst still making stupid money. People can say what they will against these Ukranian brothers, but they're good for boxing.

    Mosley has a shot going into any fight, he's just that good; it'd be dangerous betting against him even if he fought a cruiserweight. Personally, though, I can see Floyd taking a points victory but it ain't gonna be easy for him one bit, in fact, it's probably gonna be Money's hardest fight yet. Fights like this are great for boxing but hard for a guy like me who loves both fighters equally, it still ain't gonna stop me from jetting to Vegas to see it though, lol.

    You reckon Sugar can pull it off?

  12. #1947
    LVsMostBlunted RynMur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Vegas 702
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,604
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    I say Wladimir by UD or late rd TKO. If Chambers had problems w/ Peter, then I can't see him doing any better against Klitschko.

  13. #1948
    Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England
    Age
    26
    Posts
    706
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Chambers got KO'd in the 12th, shame.

  14. #1949

    Default

    dull ass fight between wlad vs chambers, but wladmir was celebral as fuck. And that left hook at the end was frightening, i still see Haye beating wladmir though.

    i dont see mosley beating floyd. Shane beat the hell out of margo but floyd wont stand and trade all night long, shanes stamina and workrate WILL be tested in order to land sufficient punches to win the fight. But floyds defence will slowly ware mosley out, i can see mosley being potshotted and outboxed in the late rounds of the fight. And i wouldnt put tooo much faith in Nazim Richardson, hes great, but pavlik and margarito and nowhere near as skilled as mayweather

  15. #1950
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,689
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Mosley has a shot going into any fight, he's just that good; it'd be dangerous betting against him even if he fought a cruiserweight. Personally, though, I can see Floyd taking a points victory but it ain't gonna be easy for him one bit, in fact, it's probably gonna be Money's hardest fight yet. Fights like this are great for boxing but hard for a guy like me who loves both fighters equally, it still ain't gonna stop me from jetting to Vegas to see it though, lol.

    You reckon Sugar can pull it off?
    tommy it seems like the UK niggas i run across in real life are real passionate about the sweet science, thats a good look!!!!! my homie at the barbershop is originally from the UK, hes a huge boxing head and the exchanges are always fresh!!!!! i enjoy reading your take on the sport!!!!!!!

    as far as mosely, i think he has the power to drop floyd, the problem is gonna be catching him, i dont know that shane has the footwork to shrink floyds point of attack!!!!!!!!!

    its tough to bet against may, i wont be putting any money on the fight, thats for sure!!!!!!!! i just wanna see a war, i wanna see floyd in the fray, i wanna see floyd get hit, i wanna see floyd get hurt, if youre gonna go down as an all time great, you need some wars under your belt!!!!! mosely always been a favorite of mine, was shocked when he got caught doping.. but hes still a beast with all that behind him, so ill be pulling for shane!!!!! im confident itll be an entertaining fight!!!!!!

    and yo what was clotterys problem!?!?!?! i think he coulda really fucked mannys shit up if he just took some chances, he was getting through but he didnt stay busy!!!!!! hes got crazy hands, but he doesnt keep busy enough in there!!!!! shit seemed funny, kinda felt like a fix!!!!!!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •