Page 127 of 208 FirstFirst ... 2777117124125126127128129130137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 3108

Thread: The Official Boxing Thread

I think pacman is going to get upset

so whos watching 2nite?

I'm cheering for Clottey.

yeah watching it tonight.
    clottey will be alot tougher than what people make him out to be.
    If he can control pacmans pace he can control the fight, somehow clotteys gotta make the right hand work and stop pacmans ludicrously good feet movement.
    Although i still see pacman dominating the fight, at times clotteys wall defense is just too basic, and pacmans combinations are far from ordinary, they can rip clottey apart.

pacquiao UD12 clottey (im always right since 2007 in my predictions)
    ALWAYS

oh yeah if it goes to a decision clotteys got no chance, judges are always gonna be a pacs side in a close bout, for obvious reasons.

he wont get a KO.
    he cudnt hurt cotto bad when cotto was basically half blind. And one KO in his last 10 fights seems pretty bad, i think clottey is ovverated.

Dont forget about Clottey how controversial/unlucky his "losses" were.

Everybody but the judges agreed he beat Cotto. Also he was beating Margorito to a pulp until he fractured his hand half way thru the fight, which allowed Margorito to get the points win. He has also beaten Corales and Judah, and has never been KO'd (yet).

Clottey is a true fighter and will punch himself till he breaks his arms without a second thought.

yeah i had him beating cotto that night, and the margo fight was a close one.
    Hand injuries are always excuses though, its unfortunate but its part of boxing.
    i respect that hes a true fighter, he will finish the fight against pacquiao

Drunk Off Titty Milk!!!! BRONZBODY's Avatar

pac will take it. but i wont be easy for him thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkazim View Post
    yeah i had him beating cotto that night, and the margo fight was a close one.
    Hand injuries are always excuses though, its unfortunate but its part of boxing.
    i respect that hes a true fighter, he will finish the fight against pacquiao
    Wouldnt say it was an excuse, he fractured his hand LOL. Its not as if every boxer is fracturing his hand in every fight. It does happen, but I think its a valid excuse for losing a fight, especially if you were winning the fight before it happpened.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Clottey has performed very well against southpaws in his previous fights; I was ringside when he absolutely took apart Zab Judah, it was like he couldn't miss with that rifle-like straight right hand and Zab didn't want any of it. Personally, though, I thought Cotto beat him although it was very, very close and I'd understand if you had it the other way.

However, as much as I rate Clottey as a tough, seasoned, good fighter, he just won't be busy enough tonight to take the fight. Pacquiao is gonna fire a lot of combinations with high workrate to take a points decision.

I do believe there will spots where Pac comes under a lot of pressure though, it ain't gonna be easy for him.

Yeah but Mannys doped up

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    Yeah but Mannys doped up
    Margarito had cemented hand wraps and Clottey still didn't give a fuck, he'd fight Godzilla if there was a decent pay cheque.

yeah and that was another thing, margoritos cement gloves.

he did that against Cotto aswell. fucking scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    yeah and that was another thing, margoritos cement gloves.

he did that against Cotto aswell. fucking scumbag.
    It's hard to say as obviously we don't have any rock, solid (no pun) proof of it. But if he did it against Mosley, who he was actually odds on to win, why wouldn't he have done it against Cotto where he was the underdog? Especially if he'd gotten away with it before.

I was actually at that fight and couldn't quite believe what I was seeing, Cotto was fighting strong for like the first six rounds then just seemed to come apart after little punishment.. even his face was getting mashed up with no real huge punches landed.

you went to US to watch the fight? how much were tickets?