Page 132 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3282122129130131132133134135142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 3108

Thread: The Official Boxing Thread

Prince Rai

so david haye won against ruiz.... *silence*

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Rai View Post
    so david haye won against ruiz.... *silence*
    Haye destroyed Ruiz the worst anybody has since the Tua fight, it should've been stopped way before the 9th. If you ask me, Ruiz needs to either drop down a level or retire, he got hit with way too many big punches last night.

Did anybody watch Hopkins-Jones btw? I know Hopkins took it on points.

It was a great fight, one of the most enjoyable heavywieght fights ive seen in a LONG ASS time. Haye looks like the No.1 in the division for me, Ruiz was in the form of his life, Haye demolished him. He can take out them Klitchcko jokers. He was right what he said, those fighters they fought last were clowns, lets see if they can do it against Haye.

And Phsycially, I dont think ive seeen a heavywight with his physical condition since Tyson or maybe Holyfield. But Haye has Power and speed

^^Compared to so many of these fat overwight lumps in the division, Haye is a cut above.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
    Haye looks like the No.1 in the division for me, Ruiz was in the form of his life, Haye demolished him.
    Not to discredit Haye's performance or what he achieved, in fact, it was probably his greatest performance next to Mormeck; but no way was Ruiz in the form of his life. He's lost four of his last seven since losing to James Toney and everybody knows he's way past his prime, that's not to say he's still not decent, though.

I think it's pretty early to say Haye's the best heavyweight in the world after just three performances at the weight against average boxers(Bonin - Grade E fighter, and Valuev and Ruiz - Grade C fighters). I'd like to see him fight either one or two of the highly ranked heavys before he goes for the Klitschko's. Chambers, Arreola, Povetkin, or Chagaev look like the ideal guys.

I agree completely when you say about his physique, though. He looks in great shape compared to some of the pudgy players in the division.

I heard that Hopkins collapsed after the fight, and both Jones & B-Hop went to the hospital to get checked out. That first punch to the back of the head really threw off B-Hop. He seemed to be a lil dazed the entire fight, but stuck to his game plan to win big. Jones on the other hand didn't seem to try too much on offense, and threw dirty punches whenever he got in trouble.

Hopefully its Haye vs. a Klitchko bro. I've never been a fan of Ruiz & I'm half Puerto Rican. He was boring to watch in his prime. It would be interesting to see Haye try to get around the Klitchko's jab and reach. That's if he doesn't back out a week before the fight. These are terrible times for the heavyweights. Both Hopkins & Jones should retire. I'm wondering if the PPV buys outsold Inspectah Decks album sales this week.

time for both X and RJJ to walk away...that fight fight was fucking embarassment. can't believe X tried to bitch out of the fight like that! anyone thinks he was hurt by any of those fouls is kidin themselves.

haye looked good vs john but he last time he was to fight one of the brothers he was on his Uncle Scrooge shit and played duck tails, so until he has the balls to fight one of them instead of talkin about it he is just ok

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    time for both X and RJJ to walk away...that fight fight was fucking embarassment. can't believe X tried to bitch out of the fight like that! anyone thinks he was hurt by any of those fouls is kidin themselves.
    he didn't bitch out too much if he collapsed in the locker room. dead middle in the back of the head is the worst place to get hit. that commentator was talking a lil too much for not knowing half of what he said.

I've heard all the same reports about X in the locker room but I simply do not believe it. He walked out of the locker room with no help after having just collapsed because he didn't want anyone to see him getting helped? Come on son! It was OBVIOUS that he was bullshitting in the fight. As soon as Tony Weeks said, "I'm not deducting any points", Hopkins was just fine and ready to continue LOL, he was just looking for point deductions. His post-fight interview was laughable, dude needs to work on his pokerface if he's gonna lie out his ass like that. Hopkins initiated all the fouls, hoping that RJJ would lose his cool exactly like he did. Glad they lost their asses on that fight.....arena was fuckin empty!

^^ I read somewhere where the tickets were either sold 2 for 1 or even given away free to fill up seats. We'll see what the gate/PPV buys were. Roy isn't guaranteed nothing until B-Hop gets his share first. Roy loses the fight & probably will make what Deck's making from The Manifesto record sales. What a shame... 8 yrs. ago this fight is a big event.

^the cheapest tickets were 150, thats why i didn't go. you can' really blame the two fighters, abcsports or whoever set up the ppv did a terrible job of running this. I heard there was about 8000 people there (about 4-5 thousand less than a usual ppv event).

after watching it for the 2nd time, i still think it was a good fight. the two 40+ boxers just didnt have it in them like they use to for the last 3 rounds. i give much respect to both fighters for boxing the way they did.

so nobody wants to suck B-Hop off after that incredible performance???

watched this classic fight today again

round 12 was a fucking war

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Does anyone have Sergio Martinez beating Kelly Pavlik tonight? should be a good fight