once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 152 of 208 FirstFirst ... 52102142149150151152153154155162202 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 3115

Thread: The Official Boxing Thread

I'm guessing it's because Holyfield probably won something called the IBO or the WBF...some title that's not recognized by many. Everyone's a champ nowadays.

As for Hopkins, I thought he controlled the majority of the second half but started a little slow (as he usually does) in the first half. The first KO was suspect but the second was legit IMO. I thought Hopkins won by a point or two but a draw wasn't out of line for me. Nice crowd that came out in Canada. If this fight were in the U.S. it draws 3K people, LOL.

B-Hop won the fight by ATLEAST 2 points. That's even if you give those 2 knockdown rounds a 10-8 score.

"I come to Canada and face a 28-year-old guy and I get a draw, at 45 years old?" Hopkins said in amazement. "You saw a young guy running from an old grandpa."

Haha that pretty much sums up the fight. Hopkins robbed again. Seems like fights outside the u.s. is always questionable - bad refs, poor judges

...and what's up with Showtime not showing the Malignaggi fight? Remind me to cancel that shit.

GBP probably didn't want their new investment on tv in case he got fucking blugeoned again would be my guess.

Pacquiao vs. Mosley - May 7th - PPV

Who really wants to see this on PPV?????

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post

wow how wack

Did anyone see The Fighter yet?

I thought it was pretty good. And I remember watching Micky Ward take shots and not throw a punch until like the 10th and drop that guy with one liver shot. It was the undercard of Purnell Whittaker and De La Hoya. I wanna say that was '95 or '96.

Bale was awesome as Dicky Eklund. He will be nominated for best supporting role. Wahlberg was so-so, i think they could have gotten someone better to play the role, but it was Wahlberg who pushes the movie.

More about the Ward/Eklund family than boxing tho, altho boxing is a big theme...it was pretty good.
    Look eye, always look eye.

It looks very good. I have a certain respect for Whalberg that I don't have for most of those Hollywood types. He has done some pretty good movies and his mid, lower level movies I always thought were solid. Gotta check it out.

Bale is a good actor.. his part looks like it could be a stealer.

it is he fuckin nailed it, steals every scene he is in.

Granted, Wahlbergs role of Mickey Ward is obviously more laid back and he plays it well...subtle. He i just too big and pretty to be Micky Ward, but thats the movies.
    Look eye, always look eye.

Quote Originally Posted by RynMur View Post

joke of a fight

we all know theres only one fight paccquio should be making, this is getting farcical.

this is the next best thing to floyd fight. it will be interesting to see who demolishes mosley better, also it will be n entertaing fight because both fighters like to brawl

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    Food For Thought, i don't even pay you any attention because i know you're a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by PALEHORSE View Post
    this is the next best thing to floyd fight. it will be interesting to see who demolishes mosley better, also it will be n entertaing fight because both fighters like to brawl
    Uhhhhh no. As a fan I'd rather see Pac face Juan Manuel Marquez, Andre Berto, Sergio Martinez, Paul Williams, Devon Alexander or Timothy Bradley before Mosley (Alexander vs Bradley is booked so neither is available). HOWEVER, this is the right fight to take at the moment. Manny can't fuck up the monster payday with Floyd by taking on a high risk fight and losing. Mosley is just the man for the job....he has a name, the fight should be exciting and Pac should win in vintage fashion. If Floyd doesn't man up this fall then I'd love for Pac to settle the score with JMM then take on Andre Berto and seal his legacy with a fight at 154 against Sergio Martinez (if he still has the linear 154 belt).

dont count mosley out, he isnt a pushover, when all know what happen in the 2nd round of the mayweather fight, shane mosley reminds me of another fighter zab judah, they both in their with a plan and the minute they get bolo they figure all about it, personally i dont think mosley wasnt condition for the mayweather fight all his punches and movement where sluggish

let me ask yall this what do you yall think of Amir Khan