Page 50 of 208 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100150 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Boxing Thread

Quote Originally Posted by benzo View Post
    ^good thing for you that it's on free HBO, NOT PPV, at 10 Eastern Time. Peace-
    excellent news
    Look eye, always look eye.

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    it would be funny if DLH lost
    it would! too bad he'd still fight PBF on PPV regardless....

Decent fight....lots of action. That is the Oscar i like to see, aggressive w/ the combo's. If he fights like that against Mayweather in the rematch it should be interesting.

Prince Rai

yeah but pbf is a total different league compared to forbes.

Yea, if Mayweather landed some of the punches Forbes was landing last night, then De La Hoya would be on his back. I don't think he has a chance in the rematch.

I dont know that Mayweather has that kind of power to be able to drop De La Hoya like that. Oscar has a strong chin.
    I just think that if Oscar forces the action more as opposed to last time, he can win more rounds and maybe put junior on his back with a left hook.

Can't wait for the fight.

Mayweather—much like James Toney—often utilizes the 'shoulder roll'. The shoulder roll is an old-school boxing technique in which the right hand is held normally or slightly higher than normal, the left hand is down around the midsection, and the lead shoulder is raised high on the cheek in order to cover the chin and block punches. The right hand (from orthodox stance) is used as it normally would be to block punches coming from the other side, such as left hooks. From this stance, Mayweather blocks, slips, and deflects most of his opponents' punches, even when cornered, by twisting left and right to the rhythm of their punches. in my opinon mayweather has the hand speed and the defense to beat de la hoya again. should be an interesting match

Yeah, most of the posters here are familiar with the shoulder roll... Anyway, while I don't see PBF dropping DLH, I can see Oscar eating alot of leather based on his performance Saturday. The counters that Forbes were landing (2 to the body, left to the head) would have much more damage on them coming from Mayweather. Oscar's got a beard on him, though, so it COULD be an interesting rematch. Oscar's jab was in full effect on Saturday and that's gonna be crucial against PBF.

Prince Rai

yeah, a good jab that LANDS will take oscar quite far. i agree that PBF wont floor oscar, but PBF has a good record when it comes to rematches. he won well against castillo second time round imo.

the only thing that oscar can do now, is learn from his past mistakes v PBF, ie land more clean pnches, and be set for 12 gruelling rounds hopefully.

i dont know whether i would want to watch the second fight, given the anticlimax of the first. lets see closer to the time.

Is mayweather gonna fight anyone before he fihgts De La Hoya again?

Prince Rai

^ doubt it.

if both sign an official deal, they will promote and market this fight like no mans business...

I don't that would be wise, his last "fight" would've been at Wrestlmania.

Prince Rai

lol at wrestlemania. pbf is all about the money now, boxing is the least of his concerns.

what's pbf mean?

PBF = Pretty BORING Floyd

FMM = Floyd Money Mayweather