once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 145

Thread: shunning and rejecting luxury and desire

  1. #1
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default shunning and rejecting luxury and desire

    is that the starting point to improving the situation?

    if the system is foul
    and it has you hooked on shit

    and uses this in order to get you to support the system
    will rejecting these elements make a difference?


    do you have it in you to unhook yourself?

    to take what you need and nothing more?


    ive come across a lot of dudes that can talk revolution
    but
    cant put down the herb
    and work at starbucks to support they habit

    they want to see equality
    but
    not when tomorrow is the release date for the new joint on xbox

    cant pay 45 cents for a cup of rice to learn how to cook a meal
    but
    they can pay $5 at fast food and fill up they belly with trash

    add on
    your mother's dick

  2. #2
    the temulent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    the mean streetz of... chesterfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you've got to strike a balance. i think it's good to be fundamentalist, but you have to realise when you're getting too fundamental. i am strongly, strongly opposed to the entire system at work in the united kingdom, of which i am an irremovable part of. i hate how people spend their money on shit like fucking 3 million horsepower cars and fucking smoothie makers instead of giving away their riches to someone who doesn't know where their next meal is gonna come from. but do i want to give up alcohol? do i want to give up fast food? do i want to give up weed? do i want to stop buying music, computer games, and musical instruments? no. of course i don't. i don't, because it's a natural and very human thing to desire things for yourself. humans are possessive by nature. we like things to play with and use. as for decadence, well, i think it makes a man happy to let loose and indulge in things that are nice every so often. i certainly do, and i don't feel guilty. it's just a natural thing to want to do, and you shouldn't make yourself guilty by doing it, because it's not your fault that you have to use money to pay for all this.
    peace, love, revolution.

  3. #3
    Ridin' On Trichomes soul controller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chillin on sesame street puffin a 10th letter
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,263
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LHX
    is that the starting point to improving the situation?

    if the system is foul
    and it has you hooked on shit

    and uses this in order to get you to support the system
    will rejecting these elements make a difference?


    do you have it in you to unhook yourself?

    to take what you need and nothing more?


    ive come across a lot of dudes that can talk revolution
    but
    cant put down the herb
    and work at starbucks to support they habit

    they want to see equality
    but
    not when tomorrow is the release date for the new joint on xbox

    cant pay 45 cents for a cup of rice to learn how to cook a meal
    but
    they can pay $5 at fast food and fill up they belly with trash

    add on

    peace LHX

    indeed many of these dudes be everywhere,

    even those who see an injustice,, but still suipport the ppl who did the injustice.. they knows it wrong.. but they dont see anything else they can do.

    i get pissed with ppl who say theyt dont believe in a god (chrstian/muslim/sikh) and yet,, they do whatever it asked of them
    on certian holy days.. even out handing cards.. and u ask.. but u dont do god.. and u said u wasnt christian..and they reply WELL THATS WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO' so i think the problem is.. their belief systems.
    its not what they say or think.. as the thing that has them locked is deep inisde.. they dont even know why they do what they do., they just say. coz its good, its a happy time.. etc.

    going on to the materlisitic ish.
    i personally.. only burn bud.

    i do not give a fuck bout materlisitc shit.
    it really does my nut in, when people care more for., their next top, than to help some1 who is on the street. lying down.. they cum at me with. so if i give them cash. they will buy liqour/drugs
    im like so!! im helping they can do what they want.
    but the same dude/dudette can spend 40 quid as u said on a computer game
    or on nike/adidas knowings its made in swear factories in the far east.
    but they dont care as society has them so conditioned, with what is right and what is wrong,. they might think such and such
    but they cant act on it
    due to what 'OTHERS' would sayto them

    peace

  4. #4
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arto
    it's a natural and very human thing to desire things for yourself. humans are possessive by nature. we like things to play with and use. as for decadence, well, i think it makes a man happy to let loose and indulge in things that are nice every so often. i certainly do, and i don't feel guilty. it's just a natural thing to want to do, and you shouldn't make yourself guilty by doing it, because it's not your fault that you have to use money to pay for all this.
    this is the only part i question

    especially the bolded text at the beginning
    your mother's dick

  5. #5
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    im not sayin giving money to the poor is the right thing to do


    im sayin that claiming property and trying to possess things might not be the best thing to do
    your mother's dick

  6. #6
    Ridin' On Trichomes soul controller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chillin on sesame street puffin a 10th letter
    Age
    39
    Posts
    10,263
    Rep Power
    82

    Default

    yeah i knowz.

    but giving to the poor instead of a multinational charity
    on ppls levels that wrong coz of the conditioning

    so how can they even stop the materlisic shit,
    when they think giving to a organisation that only gives like 0.37% of what it recieves is bad?
    you need to break down social structures
    we need to show people whats really happening
    only then, will they stop careing bout how the current world is.
    and how materliasm is what is- the status symbol - that people judge themselves too
    until those who look upon as leaders, change their values
    people who are lets say 85%
    will npot change let alone
    even thinking their is anything wrong with goods that dont mean shit


    peace

  7. #7
    the temulent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    the mean streetz of... chesterfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LHX
    this is the only part i question

    especially the bolded text at the beginning
    why do you question it? can you elaborate for me?
    peace, love, revolution.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    what you say may be an issue if the fact that I take something for myself means that I am taking away something from someone else.

    the obstacle is the path

  9. #9

    Default

    The whole idea of taking needs to be addressed. We're taught that we have to give before we take, something that pretty much consumes everything we do. We have to give to the system in work and taxes for the majority of our lives just so we can sit back when we're suffering the indignity of being unable to make it to the toilet on time, for instance. The balance of give and take in the grander scale of things is entirely disproportionate. Partly down to the fact that once people have 'given' what they feel is ample, they'll take double what was originally contributed. We live in a system where there's an urgency for commodities, and the only way to gain such commodities is to 'take' them. This doesn't affect those in power as they're the ones seen to be 'giving' even if what they've given out should rightfully belong to everybody in the first place. Its because they're able to place monetary value on it, that it becomes a commodity, and the cycle starts over.
    As to how people should combat this, it gets a little more confusing. Its not a case of no longer giving, but more looking into the issue of taking.
    Right on with what you said too, LHX, too many brains talk of revolution, while lining the pockets of the multinationals because it's easy.

    Chicks dig giant robots

  10. #10
    the temulent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    the mean streetz of... chesterfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paper_Shapes
    The whole idea of taking needs to be addressed. We're taught that we have to give before we take, something that pretty much consumes everything we do. We have to give to the system in work and taxes for the majority of our lives just so we can sit back when we're suffering the indignity of being unable to make it to the toilet on time, for instance. The balance of give and take in the grander scale of things is entirely disproportionate. Partly down to the fact that once people have 'given' what they feel is ample, they'll take double what was originally contributed. We live in a system where there's an urgency for commodities, and the only way to gain such commodities is to 'take' them. This doesn't affect those in power as they're the ones seen to be 'giving' even if what they've given out should rightfully belong to everybody in the first place. Its because they're able to place monetary value on it, that it becomes a commodity, and the cycle starts over.
    As to how people should combat this, it gets a little more confusing. Its not a case of no longer giving, but more looking into the issue of taking.
    Right on with what you said too, LHX, too many brains talk of revolution, while lining the pockets of the multinationals because it's easy.
    it feels so good to talk with and read the thoughts of people on my level.
    peace, love, revolution.

  11. #11

    Default

    ^^ Haha, thanks. There are a lot of people on this forum that're on the level, and can write with a little less ambiguity as well.

    Easy

    Chicks dig giant robots

  12. #12
    Veteran Member denaturat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    what level is that?

    the obstacle is the path

  13. #13

    Default

    The Level, obviously.

    Chicks dig giant robots

  14. #14
    the temulent
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    the mean streetz of... chesterfield
    Age
    30
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by denaturat
    what level is that?
    that of the working class with a conscience. people who have wisdom and insight about the world around them, and don't just blindly follow institutions.
    peace, love, revolution.

  15. #15
    healthy merking LHX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,792
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arto
    that of the working class with a conscience. people who have wisdom and insight about the world around them, and don't just blindly follow institutions.
    theres at least a dozen folks here like that


    we still face the issue of coming to agreements

    which is why i made this thread



    the on going theme in this forum is trying to figure out what we are capable of and what our limitations are



    although the discussions do get side-tracked at times
    your mother's dick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •