Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3542434445464748 LastLast

Thread: Poker Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by beautifulrock View Post
    Keep your hand selection tight, you can win a tournament and only play 5 hands all night. Go with top 10% This includes:

AA
    KK
    QQ
    JJ
    TT
    AK
    AQ
    AJ
    AT
    KQ

So you're saying i should only play with these hands?

Because you are new and your opponents will generally be more skilled, you want the pots as big as possible preflop. You want to gamble more. Don't be afraid to just shove. If you accumulate chips, steal the blinds. Bet 3-4 times the big blind preflop and don't let up til the thing is over.

So if i get one of those hands i should really raise big?

Heads up the more aggressive player is usually the winner. Bully away. Yeah thats what i hear...
    Thanks man, if you should think if any more little tips you could give me before sunday it would be greatly appreciated!!

[QUOTE=beautifulrock;1772051]

AT

whts dat?

neva heard bout that

ace ten
    Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

My bad true!!!

Thx lord

so i went to my first tournament today, and i actually did better than i thought in advance. but the last hand this guy went all in on me, i had ACE-KING so i went along (everyone would've right?) we turn our cards, he has KING-QUEEN so im thinking i got him... the turn is a queen and im out of there.....

i played for almost 3 hours, so thats not too bad. cant wait till the next one.

thanks again to beautifulrock's tips, they really helped. anytime if you think of tips please post them, they're greatly apreciated.

this is an interesting video. maybe its old news for vets like B-rock but for a beginner like myself, it could be helpful.

^^that is good for a rough estimate. The outs on the river are actually 2.25% and 4.4 on the turn, but that works ok.
    If your posts are not relevant to the thread or if there's a strong indication of trolling/rudeness/slander, the post will be deleted. As a moderator, it's my job to moderate to the best of my ability.

Starvin' individuals kill Tommy's Avatar

There's some great tips and information in this thread, Beautifulrock. Much appreciated.

Keep your hand selection tight, you can win a tournament and only play 5 hands all night. Go with top 10% This includes:

AA
    KK
    QQ
    JJ
    TT
    AK
    AQ
    AJ
    AT
    KQ

Because you are new and your opponents will generally be more skilled, you want the pots as big as possible preflop. You want to gamble more. Don't be afraid to just shove. If you accumulate chips, steal the blinds. Bet 3-4 times the big blind preflop and don't let up til the thing is over. Heads up the more aggressive player is usually the winner. Bully away.
    so B-rock i have a question. would you give me the same advice for a cash game as for a tournament?
    would you advice me to play as tight?
    and keep in mind i'm not going to buy myself back in if im out of chips.

The biggest difference between a cash came and a tournament is the fear factor. In a tournament you can use big moves to force out opponents because the wrong call will break them. In a cash game where rebuy is optional, the likelihood that your bluffs will be picked off is higher. I hardly ever bluff in a cash game, I don't semibluff as much and I'm always trying to be a step behind my opponents to confuse them. My starting hands I play increase dramatically. Concentrate on trapping an opponent for all their money. String them along til it's time to drop the hammer, but try not to trap yourself. Cash games are about winning and losing hands. Don't fall in love with your hand, the board can dramatically change the strength of it. Remember AA doesn't always beat 72. If you plan on buying in only once, play extremely tight until you can build your stack a little. Forget about stealing. Short stacks don't have that luxury. Take it one hand at a time and keep your conversation low. Try to be statuesque. Set a goal, and leave when you reach it. Don't get dragged into staying one second longer than you want to.

The biggest difference between a cash came and a tournament is the fear factor. In a tournament you can use big moves to force out opponents because the wrong call will break them. In a cash game where rebuy is optional, the likelihood that your bluffs will be picked off is higher. I hardly ever bluff in a cash game, I don't semibluff as much and I'm always trying to be a step behind my opponents to confuse them. My starting hands I play increase dramatically. Concentrate on trapping an opponent for all their money. String them along til it's time to drop the hammer, but try not to trap yourself. Cash games are about winning and losing hands. Don't fall in love with your hand, the board can dramatically change the strength of it. Remember AA doesn't always beat 72. If you plan on buying in only once, play extremely tight until you can build your stack a little. Forget about stealing. Short stacks don't have that luxury. Take it one hand at a time and keep your conversation low. Try to be statuesque. Set a goal, and leave when you reach it. Don't get dragged into staying one second longer than you want to.
    ok this will come in handy, thx a lot.

Default What happened to the Sticky'd Poker thread?

hmmmm?

Non Ignorants Eckankar check two's Avatar

It's like a few threads down from this?
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    I like the fat black man on House Of Payne and he's very funny.

I cant believe how Im playing on the Rush Poker tables. I lost like 20 major hands in a row. This is playing 10% of the hands....holy doomswitches.

^^^co fucking sign, the way I'm losing dominating races isn't even probable much less possible

Anybody watch High Stakes Poker last night? Gabe Kaplan said one of the funniest off color remarks I ever heard..."Tiger doesn't find every hole..."